User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Do you not think your thread about ISFJ Inflexibilty is a bit out of proportion?
    NO

BTW-Do you have PMS?

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by rivercrow View Post
    This is an interesting thread, since it sounds sort of like me when I'm stressed and suffering from Fe overload....
    Do you think I'm on Fe overload?

I just decided to have my own little Rage Against the N Machine. I'll be back in line tomorrow and carrying on with the war against SJs.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by Zhash View Post
    NO

BTW-Do you have PMS?
    I don't think so, my period ended last week. But it's funny that you assume that I'm PMSing. Is that a better explanation for this thread?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.

I don't think so, my period ended last week. But it's funny that you assume that I'm PMSing. Is that a better explanation for this thread?
    Not to worry.....we love you.

MBTI
    type

Do you think I'm on Fe overload?

I just decided to have my own little Rage Against the N Machine. I'll be back in line tomorrow and carrying on with the war against SJs.
    Beats the heck out of me! I just know when my inferior process kicks in I sound like a whiny version of this. Of course, Fe being your dominant, I think you're providing a much better performance.

It does seem like you're upset -- uncharacteristic of you, I think. Maybe you need a good steak or a pile of spinach -- some kind of iron source (Fe! ).

Quote Originally Posted by Zhash View Post
    Not to worry.....we love you.
    Ditto. Community concern.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Enneagram
    1w2

I'm OK. I read Zhash's thread last night and I was like, oh she needs help. But then I woke up this morning and saw the way it was going and I thought again. It upsets me when I see this kind of stuff going on about SJs and then I feel must leap to their defense. I really don't encounter some of the more serious problems that other Ns do. Not that I want to cause it sounds like a bitch, but it makes me wonder.

I'll go eat eat my spinach now.

MBTI
    type

I'm OK. I read Zhash's thread last night and I was like, oh she needs help. But then I woke up this morning and saw the way it was going and I thought again. It upsets me when I see this kind of stuff going on about SJs and then I feel must leap to their defense. I really don't encounter some of the more serious problems that other Ns do. Not that I want to cause it sounds like a bitch, but it makes me wonder.

I'll go eat eat my spinach now.
    It does happen with frightening regularity. I know where you're coming from with wanting to defend people.

Still -- we'd not seen this kind of upset from you before.
    Who rises in the morning, looks in the mirror and says, "I think I will do something stupid today?" -- James Hollis
    If people never did silly things nothing intelligent would ever get done. -- Ludwig Wittgenstein
    Whaling is illegal in Oklahoma.

Enneagram
    1w2

Yes the storm has passed. Hugs all around.

Please don't think I'm minimizing you because of your age. You're such an insightful person. The problem is that most ISFJ are okay when young. It's when they get older that these quirks surface profoundly.......the same way that all those NT quirks become more profound. You know what they say.....most NTs eventually become eccentric.

Hey, whatdaya think? Am I getting better with my Fe? Look at how I handled this one. Pretty soon I'll be like my idol, Jennifer.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Perhaps you have less trouble because you are also an extrovert and thus have your own ways of making up for your weirdness. Then again, I have a brother (ISFP), and two friends (ISTJ, ESFP) who I do enjoy being around even though they may drive me crazy sometimes. My two grandmothers (ESFJ, ISFJ) have their good moments and bad moments, but I still love them.

My real complaints? My mother (ESFP) who is likely more of a pain in my ass due to her being the daughter of an alcoholic who never got therapy and instead feels everyone else owes her for the pain. My middle brother (also ESFP) who was born between two introverts, he drove us nuts for the attention he needed. I honestly wish that the family would have left me the hell alone a lot of the time and bloody well focus on him so he could burn off the energy. (Yes I blame family culture for that one, big reason why I hate being the eldest).