User Tag List

First 614151617 Last

I'm surprised no one has anything to say.

That's right, assholes. ISTPs bond with iconoclasts and psychos, and I'm the epitome of tragic cool.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
    Yeah true, which is just as well infpgc dissolved, it was a bog for negative manifestations and loops that was how it was. I found myself wanting to shape myself to a more critical attitude over at INTJs and found myself drained just by thinking about the energy needed to expand towards this strangely.
    I didn't find INFPgc that negative, but I always make a point to stay out of debate threads (ie. religion, politics). The constant "emo vent" threads amused me, especially when I detected my own maudlin, former teenage thoughts in them. I'm always puzzled by people who say that board was a cesspool of drama though, but then I tend to be oblivious to that stuff.

INTJf is just dull. I've perused it recently out of sheer curiosity. It was far less intimidating than I expected, but much more ridiculous (it's sooo serious) . Occasionally, some INTJ with decently developed Fi makes a post I can agree with though. I agree, it is draining to pose your thoughts in a form that won't be automatically dismissed; inferior Te access takes considerable energy for me.

The INFJ forum is hands down the dullest I've seen, and if anyone thought INFPgc was ever passive-aggressive, visit that forum for a maximum dosage of that behavior/attitude, with a dash of insipidity to rival the INTJ's dullness. Funny, as individual INFJs don't usually strike me that way. I see how INFPs are passionate in comparison though; I seem intense there. I suppose all of that intensity at INFPgc was overwhelming to some.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The ISTP comments were pretty much on the money, and kind of obvious as a negative of the type. What else is there to say?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by KDude View Post
    The ISTP comments were pretty much on the money, and kind of obvious as a negative of the type. What else is there to say?
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever
    It annoys me to hear people bitching about how iNtuitive people don't fit in because they're Ns in an S world
    Are we back to THAT bitch session again?

I gotta say, the Fe vs Fi bitch sessions and the S vs N bitch sessions tend to be the most overdramatic, overblown discussion threads that perpetuate on this forum. (Oh yeah -- and the nauseating plethora of "Which type is most likely to do/like <really goofy mundane things> the most?")

Some of us N's did get screwed over and misunderstood, being immersed in an S environment.
    Some of us S's did get screwed over and misunderstood, being immersed in an N environment.

But it's not just confined to that. Like you say, pretty much feeling misunderstood and alone by your environment is an experience that all types of people feel. Alienation is a human thing, not a type thing.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ

I thoroughly enjoyed this thread....

Permabanned

TO summarize the op- expecting people/things to change is a dead end and will lead you nowhere but feeling miserable, scared and unhappy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I didn't find INFPgc that negative, but I always make a point to stay out of debate threads (ie. religion, politics). The constant "emo vent" threads amused me, especially when I detected my own maudlin, former teenage thoughts in them. I'm always puzzled by people who say that board was a cesspool of drama though, but then I tend to be oblivious to that stuff.

INTJf is just dull. I've perused it recently out of sheer curiosity. It was far less intimidating than I expected, but much more ridiculous (it's sooo serious) . Occasionally, some INTJ with decently developed Fi makes a post I can agree with though. I agree, it is draining to pose your thoughts in a form that won't be automatically dismissed; inferior Te access takes considerable energy for me.

The INFJ forum is hands down the dullest I've seen, and if anyone thought INFPgc was ever passive-aggressive, visit that forum for a maximum dosage of that behavior/attitude, with a dash of insipidity to rival the INTJ's dullness. Funny, as individual INFJs don't usually strike me that way. I see how INFPs are passionate in comparison though; I seem intense there. I suppose all of that intensity at INFPgc was overwhelming to some.
    Oh yeah INFPgc was getting better in the end, a more energised younger crowd formed the last few years at which point I was happily distracted by this lovely forum. Nah its the energy that was focusing on too many loops, and then this expanded. Positive energy did start to establish as an anchoring through the wisdom of some though this would get drowned by the needs that persisted. At the INTJ forum there is just a lack of humour, its completely gone, I mean its there but its caustic. And while I do find the conversations interesting I've chosen to remain aloof. And I know what you mean with INFJs, its a passive inverse social structure. I get it, I've seen it before. When its in positive revolutions then its actually a reasonable place. And when their negative loops reiterate their experiences then a lot of distress comes about I feel that creates bumpy rides in their experiences.

In each instance maturity, diligence and expressing their humour without letting the worries manifest would change the atmosphere. However the difference between being open and closed is dependent on emotions and when those emotions are in a negative tangent then those vibrations echo on the forum in kind, but you can see the playfulness through when the positive energy does anchor itself its different when in positive reflection than it is in negative reflection.

Here we have T/F, S/N, and sometimes even J/P haters. But in INFPgc they actully bitched about E's, of any type, in general. I thought that was really strange.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I like a lot of sensors

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Here we have T/F, S/N, and sometimes even J/P haters. But in INFPgc they actully bitched about E's, of any type, in general. I thought that was really strange.
    One thing I could complain about E's is some flightyness (at least in ESPs. EJs are pretty attentive, for better or worse.). I mean, I wouldn't bitch about it - but I could. It doesn't bother me much, but I can see this being frustrating. Half of the time, I don't mind turning my attention to the same things they are - but I do prefer a more one-on-one, reflective approach with people. There are times where I've felt snubbed though. If someone was an introverted intuitive feeler, maybe they feel even more snubbed. They're already noticing their differences with others as it is. They may be longing for a deep, type of conversation with people and not getting enough of it, so it just adds to problems. Maybe that's why they might get frustrated with even ENFPs and ENTPs too. It's not necessarily in their nature to be as reflective as an INFP either.

Anyways, I guess I can understand in one sense. I don't need all the extroversion either. I wouldn't mind slipping to the side and talking to an INFP or INTP at a party all night. I've always preferred friends whom I can geek out on something with (I might be more crude or wax poetic less often than N's though).