User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

What a curious thread, wanders in and is intrigued.

Consulting Detective Mr. Sherlock Holmes's Avatar
    MBTI
    JiNe
    Enneagram
    5W4

No type is inherently better than any other, it all depends on how you look at it, and people should not discriminate based solely on type.
    JiNe
    Ti | Fi | Ne | Si | Te | Ni | Fe | Se
    Enneagram: 5w4 sx/sp

"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I understand the need for posting the things the op did and I'ld like to back it up hereby if possible.

I personally have had never an advantage in life by being a dreamer. On the contrary, I was dependant all my life on direction given to me by a Sensor. Be it my Dad or a good friend, I myself am able to so heavily loose grip on reality that I end up in a mess in my room, drunk, dirty and exhausted.

I've lately spoken to my very practical istp colleague at work about online forums and he said he wouldnt ever sign up for that because the talk is so impersonal on those forums that the are a platform for all kind of jerks to mask themselves as someone they will never be and thru that neither the listener nor the speaker would achieve anything. I asked him then if it wouldnt be intresting for him to be another person for some time, just for experience and he said, of course but he wouldnt need an online forum for that.

So the question is, are those people on an online forum more ill and those who are not more sane or vice versa ? And I think this question cant be answered, it's all a matter of perspective. The same I do think about the S and N difference, it is a matter of perspective. While I as an N would dream all my life about flieing my own airplane and how cool that would be, I'ld probably be disappointed or be to fearful if someone actually would take me on a ride. Therefore I'ld maybe become a good airplane engineer, dreaming of wild adventures every nite and putting all my love into an airplane design. While a S-type couldnt understand how I could just dream about it and take all the necessary steps to become an airplane pilot to later design an airplane of his own, with all his love, according to specifications he learnt by experience.

I do not think that he and me, so the N pilot and S pilot wont ever not get along with each other, they just have different motivations and things they want from life. And this is a thing largely decided by personality in the end and not necessarily by a N or S divide.

I am a guy who worries alot, I've for each thing I do, a number of 100 possible scenarios how and why it could fail. My Dad tends to comment on that with "You worry too much. While you sit in the car looking in the back mirror what that guy behind you is doing, you'll crash into the guy before you."

My Dad's an istp with high morales and he's one of the finest persons I ever met in my life. He's a businessmann and is successful with his plumping company for 30 years now. He's a rolemodel to me, but I am convinced, if we werent family, we would have never become friends; cause despite my high school education and every degree I achieved, he still thinks I am an idiot, because I still fail at age 27 to deal with the most common things in life, like understanding a car contract correctly or paieing ur bills on time or accepting that this cruel system we live in will eat me alive if I dont play by its rules.

And this is the one thing, I'll never get along with with sensors. I've accepted their desire to not to be too sensitive about everything and to just do some things without worrieing about anything but having the constant feeling they think of me I am an idiot because I am an idiot is frustrating for myself. Thats like being the dork everyone picks on in the class room for all his life. And people who share that similiar feeling will ultimatly vent on this forum.

Cause if we dont want to kill all our idiots and rid the world from their existance, we have to find a way to cope with them.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

This thread got revived from the dead.

Anyhow, for me, it generally comes down to people first. In real life, I really don't care what MBTI type other people are. If I get along with another person, cool. If not, so be it.

I do notice certain forums like to hold on to stereotypes though.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

How about those of us who are apathetic to intuitive crap? We can both play that game...
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEI

i don't know if i agree with any of this. i think, overall, most of humanity celebrates creativity, intelligence and the like. and i'm also certain that neither of these qualities are strictly sensing or intuitive qualities. and being a dreamer isn't strictly an intuitive quality, but that of a creative thinker or feeler. i've known several intuitive types that are wildly popular or high up in the company they work for. i don't really understand where intuitives think they are being beaten down?

i think people are also forgetting how the functions work.
    "I don't know a perfect person.
    I only know flawed people who are still worth loving."
    -John Green

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I understand the need for posting the things the op did and I'ld like to back it up hereby if possible.

I personally have had never an advantage in life by being a dreamer. On the contrary, I was dependant all my life on direction given to me by a Sensor. Be it my Dad or a good friend, I myself am able to so heavily loose grip on reality that I end up in a mess in my room, drunk, dirty and exhausted.

Self hate seems like a better compromise. That doesn't sound like N you're describing (or why an N would always need assistance from a S). ...that sounds like. ..something else.
    I see what you're saying, tho. Being N is basically being incapable in most areas. Perhaps.
    I also disagree with the idea that "dreaming" in an intuitive behavior.

I think it comes down to something more intangible than that. N qualities are often considered impotent and N interests are generally considered meaningless in "real life".

Having said that:

Quote Originally Posted by IndyAnnaJoan View Post
    i don't know if i agree with any of this. i think, overall, most of humanity celebrates creativity, intelligence and the like. and i'm also certain that neither of these qualities are strictly sensing or intuitive qualities. and being a dreamer isn't strictly an intuitive quality, but that of a creative thinker or feeler. i've known several intuitive types that are wildly popular or high up in the company they work for. i don't really understand where intuitives think they are being beaten down?

i think people are also forgetting how the functions work.
    I can kind of see where Ns stick out like a sore thumb in "society".
    George Bernard Shaw in cartoon form.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

I agree with this post.
    There is no type that is better than any other type.
    I got interested in type and started trying to learn more about different types so that I could understand both myself and other people better. If I could understand why they acted the way they did, then I could realize that they weren't doing certain things just to annoy me. Knowing something about personality type (and I am far from an expert on the topic) has helped me become a more patient and understanding person. I have learned to accept others for who they are. I have also learned to understand the difference between likely behaviors that are type-based, as opposed to behaviors that are just negative and unacceptable. I've also learned to be more assertive and to say that I won't accept those unpleasant behaviors.
    Knowing about type has really helped me with interpersonal relations.
    But I don't believe that any type has a corner on smartness or on creativity or on any other positive quality. We can all strive to be better at these qualities. We can all work at developing our talents, whatever they may be.
    As an S-type, I am not stupid. I am not stuck in a rut of having to do things the same way all of the time.
    I am an individual who has a very active extraverted sensing function that needs to be fed (constantly). It is just who I am.
    Thank you.
    I will now hop off of my soap box because I am ready for breakfast!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Sherlock Holmes View Post
    No type is inherently better than any other, it all depends on how you look at it, and people should not discriminate based solely on type.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm a sensor and a dreamer/idealist .. Like i always say 'Don't judge a book by it's cover'
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

@OP:

Umm.. some of the N elitism doesn't really bother me. Except the INTJ forum. Which doesn't piss me off either so much as amuse me. I've only glanced at it, but it seems like I've noticed it more there than elsewhere. Particularly some sort of brand of "physical" + "mental" perfection, where they imagine themselves to be super geniuses with the asskicking ability of Chuck Norris. I'm exaggerating, but I mean, the elitism is funny when people appropriate all kinds of badass shit to their type.