User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp

Default Bruises and injuries- love them or hate them?

I love bruises and minor injuries. i love to bleed/bruise.... to feel pain- It makes me feel so alive. (normally sport induced... i can see how this could be turned into a sexual thing but i don't mean it that way)

Anyway, is this an SP thing? Does anyone else out there love the physical hurts?

MBTI
    istp

Hell yes. Not in a lame suicidal depressed way. It's more about pride... and just feeling alive. And it's a visible indication that you're getting tougher, stronger, better. That's how I see it, anyway.
    No offense.

I love the pain and bruises from lifting and powerlifting shirts and suits.

MBTI
    intp

No. No me gustan. If I'm playing sports I like to push myself till I feel the burn, but cuts, scrapes, bruises?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    ...Anyway, is this an SP thing? Does anyone else out there love the physical hurts?
    Um, no, I can't particularly say I enjoy physical pain.
    Although sometimes after a workout, it feels nice to feel tired or that my body has been used. It's just that mental stimulation and bruising does a lot more.

*can't scrub mind clear of Bill Murray as the patient in "Little Shop of Horrors*
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Um, no, I can't particularly say I enjoy physical pain.
    Although sometimes after a workout, it feels nice to feel tired or that my body has been used. It's just that mental stimulation and bruising does a lot more.

*can't scrub mind clear of Bill Murray as the patient in "Little Shop of Horrors*
    I love that scene. Steve Martin is so frustrated.

MBTI
    ISTP

I can't say I enjoy it, but I know what is being talked about. Especially when I was young, I was... reckless. I've never done anything serious (no broken bones, even), but I've fallen from trees, off fences, etc.

Those were different, somehow. They were always ignored (if I wanted to keep going) or cherished.

The cool wounds don't bother me. Now that I"m an office worker... well... it's hard to see a paper cut as more than... a paper cut.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I can't say I enjoy it, but I know what is being talked about. Especially when I was young, I was... reckless. I've never done anything serious (no broken bones, even), but I've fallen from trees, off fences, etc.

Those were different, somehow. They were always ignored (if I wanted to keep going) or cherished.

The cool wounds don't bother me. Now that I"m an office worker... well... it's hard to see a paper cut as more than... a paper cut.
    Paper cuts are the office equivalent of Chinese water torture. Or is that mail merges? I want to crawl under my desk when I have either one.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

I bump into things and and get random cuts and scraps often.. it's more annoying than anything.

I never got the "I like pain because it makes me feel alive" people. I feel perfectly content and alive without blood loss.

MBTI
    INXP

I get those muscle pains in my feet and gastrocnemii, and rather than ease out of them, I like to push and hold it for as long as I can. I've done the exercise thing, too. I was always the 'to the limit and two more' guy. And the pain from stretching: ohhh yeaahhh.

Cuts and bruises specifically: no.

Have we really found an S specific thing?
    http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/6/68764.png
    Ti Ne Fi Ni

-How beautiful, this pale Endymion hour.
    -What are you talking about?
    -Endymion, my dear. A beautiful youth possessed by the moon.
    -Well, forget about him and get to bed.
    -Yes, my dear.