User Tag List

First 1234 Last

heart on fire

I don't really get much out of physical pain. I get a lot of chronic pain that I'd be willing to trade someone!

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I look at them much the same way I do my tattoos... a memento of something that happened.

I have a nice scar on the knee I broke, my right foot has a large scar across the top from where I'd nicely sliced it down to the tendons in a car accident and my little toe on my left foot sits completely crooked after I broke my metatarsal and never got it set right... these things disturb some people, but I really find them to be an important part of who I am by now!

A history of rock climbing, boxing and barefoot hiking has left me with a nice ability to ignore pain
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    ...it hurts so good.
    That's me right there.

EDIT: This is too funny. But my post was also meant to be non-sexual.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I don't like pain, but do like bruises/scars. I'm not really sure why...

I had a big bruise on my nose from a soccer ball, a few weeks ago (I was lucky not to break it). it was great...

MBTI
    isfp

As a kiddo, I always had bruises from playing sports and such. I remember I was proud of them, I don't even know why. I guess because of the whole feeling alive thing.
    Nothing sexual here , but I have high tolerance for pain in general. I wonder if it's also an SP thing. It's weird, since, having Se, I should have hightened awareness of my senses, thus, feel more pain, no? But then maybe the Se makes you get more used to it, and somewhat makes you "tougher". Dunno.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by anainani View Post
    I have high tolerance for pain in general.
    Me too. I've been in a number of situations where I've got the "doesn't that HURT???!!".

I sometimes don't notice I'm bleeding or severely bruised until afterwards (when I unwittingly hit the bruise or notice the bloodstains on my clothing/furniture/other).

I also tend to see bruises and scars as things to be proud of. Bruises are good in that they don't hurt unless you knock them. Injuries that leave me with less than normal mobility/ability are eeeevil though.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by anainani View Post
    As a kiddo, I always had bruises from playing sports and such. I remember I was proud of them, I don't even know why. I guess because of the whole feeling alive thing.
    Nothing sexual here , but I have high tolerance for pain in general. I wonder if it's also an SP thing. It's weird, since, having Se, I should have hightened awareness of my senses, thus, feel more pain, no? But then maybe the Se makes you get more used to it, and somewhat makes you "tougher". Dunno.

Not me! I prefer Se and I hate physical pain. Seriously, am I the only SP here who doesn't enjoy hurting his or herself? That's really odd.

Sarah

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Not me! I prefer Se and I hate physical pain. Seriously, am I the only SP here who doesn't enjoy hurting his or herself? That's really odd.

Sarah
    I don't enjoy hurting myself. I don't enjoy pain. I just seem to get injured on a fairly occasional basis.

But again, I think I have a high pain threshold. As in it doesnt seem to hurt as much as other people seem to think it does, or should.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm quite terrified of physical pain. It's difficult to resist the temptation to plan my whole life around avoiding it, to the point of being willing to give up almost everything else to do so.

I also think bruises and other such things are somewhat disgusting and painful to look at, not something to be proud of. Sorry, I only feel pity for an injured person.

I've been willing to inflict copious amounts of emotional pain on myself to avoid situations that might involve physical pain. To be honest, there are an embarrassing number of times in my life when I've thrown away every last thing that ever meant anything to me (family, friends, goals, values, principles, etc), just to avoid pain.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post

Sarah
    I don't like hurting myself, I just think if you have to go through the pain (usually from clumsiness), it's nice to get something to show for it.