User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Paper cuts are the office equivalent of Chinese water torture. Or is that mail merges? I want to crawl under my desk when I have either one.
    Hah hah...

Not exactly a "Feels good to be alive" moment, eh? I can't remember the last time I felt that.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    I love bruises and minor injuries. i love to bleed/bruise.... to feel pain- It makes me feel so alive. (normally sport induced... i can see how this could be turned into a sexual thing but i don't mean it that way)

Anyway, is this an SP thing? Does anyone else out there love the physical hurts?
    Totally.

I was writing about this in my blog.. how the best things about surfing and skating are as follows: with surfing (where I surf), it hurts like hell to walk on the rocks out to where the waves break, but after a while it feels good.. and the cold water feels good and it makes you feel alive, like an animal. With skating, there's the risk you run of really hurting yourself or at least scraping up your hands.. that makes the berry's juice all the sweeter...

I have always enjoyed the pain you must endure to capture a pleasure and a thrill that most others don't experience. Even running up a hill. Your chest and right under your tongue ache, but it hurts so good.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Totally.

I was writing about this in my blog.. how the best things about surfing and skating are as follows: with surfing (where I surf), it hurts like hell to walk on the rocks out to where the waves break, but after a while it feels good.. and the cold water feels good and it makes you feel alive, like an animal. With skating, there's the risk you run of really hurting yourself or at least scraping up your hands.. that makes the berry's juice all the sweeter...

I have always enjoyed the pain you must endure to capture a pleasure and a thrill that most others don't experience. Even running up a hill. Your chest and right under your tongue ache, but it hurts so good.
    hmmm, well now that someone puts it like this, I might be able to relate. If the pain is associated with or part of something pleasureful, it makes sense to associate positively with the pain.

My muscles hurting after a good work out hurts really good.

Also, pain can cause endorphins to flood your brain.. that's probably it right there.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by lauranna View Post
    I love bruises and minor injuries. i love to bleed/bruise.... to feel pain- It makes me feel so alive. (normally sport induced... i can see how this could be turned into a sexual thing but i don't mean it that way)

Anyway, is this an SP thing? Does anyone else out there love the physical hurts?

Aaaah! No pain, no pain! :horor: I'm one of those SPs who seek warm, yummy sensations instead. Actually, my family laughs at me for being such a wimpy drama queen about anything pain-related, and I can't say bruises make me feel beautiful.

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    TiSe

Had to get 40 stiches and 40 staples due to an injury several years ago. The scar runs across the inside of my left knee. My pride and joy.

MBTI
    istp

maybe im nostalgic but ive always thought that bumps and scratches give something character

i wouldnt say i like injuries, id say im indifferent to them... just a part of life and the activities that're likely to give em to you

< holy crap new avatar

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Scars are cool. My fav is a gash on my knee from crashing into a truck whilst time-trialing on my bike. I finished the race, and didn't even get last place!

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

I can't say that i like bruises or cuts. I see them as minor physical annoyances, temporary and irritating.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ISTP

Hmm, I kind of like the way cuts/scars typically look. Although, at this point, I have enough (I build/machine a lot of stuff, and gloves/long sleeves aren't my style.)

Pain doesn't really both me...

Yeah, I know...typical answer, but I really don't notice it most of the time, I once flipped a dirt bike, got back up and continued riding, and didn't think I'd gotten hurt, until a friend told me I had a huge gash on the back of my arm...
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INFP

Every one of them was earned. Sometimes foolishly. They're like a diary of where the body has been and what it has been doing.

Had my very first black eye this summer and I was fascinated. At least until it started to turn that yellowish-green which is more suitable for Halloween.

It was difficult to resist the temptation to weave a story of some kind of reckless heroism around the shiner. Who wants to say they fell down and got a black eye?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer