User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default ISFPs - Do you have the hermit/non-conformist/wonderer/philosopher tendencies?

This is what my brother is like and he's ISFP. Really interesting, funny and a good guy.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    This is what my brother is like and he's ISFP. Really interesting, funny and a good guy.
    I'm certainly very introspective, and I wonder about stuff that interests me. I don't really care whether or not any of my choices are popular or not (I do what I want to do, and I couldn't care less what's considered "in" or cool), so I guess that qualifies as being non-conformist. I'm not a hermit, though -- I can be by myself for a day or two, but then I get lonely.

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    ISTx

My brother can shut himself away for a day or two at a time as well (which is more than I think I'm comfortable with) although he does have a side to him that really enjoys the company and fellowship with others but I could easily see him being able to just leave every thing and be ok on his own if he felt he needed it for some sort of introspective enlightenment.

Have you ever seen the movie or read the book "Into The Wild"? Can you identify with it much? My brother reminds me of that guy (just my brother isn't as much of a prick as Chris McCandless comes across as).

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Hermit: yes, I have a very small social circle and am completely happy doing things by myself.

Non-conformist: I suppose so, yes. I often like ideas or am drawn to things because they are unpopular or unnoticed by others. If things make sense to me I will tend to do them, regardless of what others may be doing, I like doing things my own way and am certainly not afraid to be a spoilsport when it comes to peer presure and all that crap.

Wonderer: YES! I am fascinated by the world around me and I often just sit back and admire the beauty and wonder of the natural world. I often contemplate how amazing it is that we actually exist and that I myself exist.

Philospher: I suppose, though I don't tend to verbalise my musings.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    My brother can shut himself away for a day or two at a time as well (which is more than I think I'm comfortable with) although he does have a side to him that really enjoys the company and fellowship with others but I could easily see him being able to just leave every thing and be ok on his own if he felt he needed it for some sort of introspective enlightenment.

Have you ever seen the movie or read the book "Into The Wild"? Can you identify with it much? My brother reminds me of that guy (just my brother isn't as much of a prick as Chris McCandless comes across as).
    Hahahaha! I read the book and saw the movie and wondered also if McCandless wasn't a total ISFP! Sure, he was sort of pseudo-philosophical, but it was all kind of related to DOING stuff that he felt somehow made a difference, at least to him. He was TOTAL Fi +Se -- oh my god!

I can't say I really had any desire to go hitchhiking around the country, much less hiking in Alaska by myself (I'm too addicted to my creature comforts... I love warmth, good food, etc.) But I do relate highly to his wanting to live his life on his OWN terms, and his efforts to divorce himself from other people's expectations, particularly his familys' hopes that he would choose a college and career based on social status. I can also relate to his struggle to accept people in his family whom he believed had behaved in ways that were inexcusable according to his own personal code of ethics - not that my family had big problems, but I think if I had been a member of his family, I'd have felt the same way.

Sarah
    ISFP

MBTI
    ISTx

Awesome! It seems I made a valid comparison! I usually suck at stuff like that.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

hermit - no
    non-conformist - yes
    wonderer - what?
    philosopher - no
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    hermit - no
    non-conformist - yes
    wonderer - what?
    philosopher - no
    Texas culture.

MBTI
    ABCD
    Enneagram
    4 sx/so
    Socionics
    SEI

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Hermit: yes, I have a very small social circle and am completely happy doing things by myself.

Non-conformist: I suppose so, yes. I often like ideas or am drawn to things because they are unpopular or unnoticed by others. If things make sense to me I will tend to do them, regardless of what others may be doing, I like doing things my own way and am certainly not afraid to be a spoilsport when it comes to peer presure and all that crap.

Wonderer: YES! I am fascinated by the world around me and I often just sit back and admire the beauty and wonder of the natural world. I often contemplate how amazing it is that we actually exist and that I myself exist.

Philospher: I suppose, though I don't tend to verbalise my musings.

!!!

Hermit: Yes and No. With a slight lean to the yes

Non-conformist: I'm aware of social convention and will flout them if necessary. I try not to be as reactionary these days though.

Wonderer: I'm very curious.

Philospher: Yes! To the eternal amusement of others.

I am also a really interesting, funny and a good guy. If I do say so myself.