User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

yes...... the SFP is really strong.... I'm a smart person but can't look ahead in time more than a couple of hours... when I try to plan anything I get overwhelmed.... 90% of my day is spent doing things based on what I feel like for the moment.
    So its hard for me to study for tests, get my car fixed, find a job, clean my apartment... I think life would be a lot easier if there was more J!!.....

(And that's my excuse for being bad at life.)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I've been trying to live more in the moment--the "be here now" mentality--but it's really (really) hard.

IMO, focusing on the present (with enough learned in hindsight to keep one healthy, and enough pattern recognition to not get caught by surprise and kicked off your feet all the time) is a very healthy way to approach life and I want to achieve this better than I currently do.
    That's funny, if anything what I don't like so much about being SP is a lack of foresight and drive towards the future, it seems there are so many other types out there that will berate you if you're not planning as much as they are. Although I have to laugh when they get so flustered when something spoils their well laid plans, when I can adapt to the same event easily.

I've also wondered about how great it would be to be an extrovert and have a huge social network, that is untill I think about the amount of effort that would be required to maintain all those relationships, then I'm quite happy being introverted.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    That's funny, if anything what I don't like so much about being SP is a lack of foresight and drive towards the future, it seems there are so many other types out there that will berate you if you're not planning as much as they are. Although I have to laugh when they get so flustered when something spoils their well laid plans, when I can adapt to the same event easily.

I've also wondered about how great it would be to be an extrovert and have a huge social network, that is untill I think about the amount of effort that would be required to maintain all those relationships, then I'm quite happy being introverted.
    Wow. Quinlan, I totally relate to everything you just wrote. !!!!

Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post

I quite like looking to the future. But I think I do it for the sake of change. To add a little spice to life. Drives my wife crazy.

Nope, I'm thrilled to be an SP. Also have to agree with feeling like other types (very much so the SJs) are looking down on us for how we do things.

I was on the phone to my friend the other day saying how his job is doing his head in. His boss says things like

"so what detailed plan do you have for today?"

and my friend would say

"I will do things as I usually do" then he lists some general ideas of what he will be doing for the day

boss says

"thats not very detailed you're going to get behind on work blah blah blah"

Now my friend states that his method of doing things gets things done just as fast if not faster due to being able to spontaneously come up with things on the spot as the work changes as the day goes on.

The problem with these "plans" is nothing ever goes to plan and we know it!

Granted my friend isn't an SP he is a ENFP but I could relate heavily to what he was saying (that was just one example he was on the phone for quite a while)

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

That reminds me, in uni I was told that as the business world becomes more complex and unpredictable, detailed and long term planning actually starts becoming a handicap more than anything. The successful companies will be the ones that are adaptable and opportunistic, when everything is changing constantly long term plans just drag you down and don't allow you to quickly jump at new opportunities or avoid new threats. Stodgy old SJ style management might have been effective in the stable and predictable 50's but not so much today.

That's right, the Ps shall inherit the earth (or at least the business world).

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Lukepd View Post
    Nope, I'm thrilled to be an SP. Also have to agree with feeling like other types (very much so the SJs) are looking down on us for how we do things.

I was on the phone to my friend the other day saying how his job is doing his head in. His boss says things like

"so what detailed plan do you have for today?"

and my friend would say

"I will do things as I usually do" then he lists some general ideas of what he will be doing for the day

boss says

"thats not very detailed you're going to get behind on work blah blah blah"

Now my friend states that his method of doing things gets things done just as fast if not faster due to being able to spontaneously come up with things on the spot as the work changes as the day goes on.

The problem with these "plans" is nothing ever goes to plan and we know it!

Granted my friend isn't an SP he is a ENFP but I could relate heavily to what he was saying (that was just one example he was on the phone for quite a while)

hahahaha! That boss sounds like the kind of person I absolutely HATE working for! Good thing your friend can shrug off his ultra-planning mentality and not let it get to him.

Makes me think I'm all the more lucky I work for an SP boss who leaves all the details to me. As long as I get stuff done, she's cool with whatever my "plans" for the day are.

Sarah

Louis Pasteur:

In the fields of observation chance favors only the prepared mind.

This is P kind of planning. Ready Set Go.

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    hahahaha! That boss sounds like the kind of person I absolutely HATE working for! Good thing your friend can shrug off his ultra-planning mentality and not let it get to him.

Makes me think I'm all the more lucky I work for an SP boss who leaves all the details to me. As long as I get stuff done, she's cool with whatever my "plans" for the day are.

Sarah
    I had an ISTJ boss...

*insert long story here*

I quit my job.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    I was just saying the other day how thankful I am to have an SP boss. He's got a bad temper and a tendency to yell and slam drawers around and stuff, but if I have whatever he needs at the time he needs it, then he usually leaves me alone otherwise and lets me work in my own way.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel