User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Honestly, if I was anyone else but me, I wouldn't like myself as much. Others have much more stressful lives.
    Introverted 100% Extraverted 0%
    Sensing 73% Intuitive 27%
    Thinking 55% Feeling 45%
    Judging 50% Perceiving 50%

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Like Sarah, I've thought more about what life would've been like if I had been more extroverted.

And also like Penguin, I'm not a "what if" guy, so I really haven't spent much time thinking about it. Although maybe a little more recently since I've been reading all this personality stuff.

While reading "Please Understand Me", I have had momentary wonderings of what it would feel like to be one of the other temperaments, because I think it's fun to imagine myself as playing other characters. I used to do it on the internet a lot.

But I don't go much beyond that, because spending too much time trying to think about impossible hypotheticals because it makes my eyes water and my head hurt.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Like Sarah, I've thought more about what life would've been like if I had been more extroverted.

And also like Penguin, I'm not a "what if" guy, so I really haven't spent much time thinking about it. Although maybe a little more recently since I've been reading all this personality stuff.

While reading "Please Understand Me", I have had momentary wonderings of what it would feel like to be one of the other temperaments, because I think it's fun to imagine myself as playing other characters. I used to do it on the internet a lot.

But I don't go much beyond that, because spending too much time trying to think about impossible hypotheticals because it makes my eyes water and my head hurt.
    I can't imagine functioning without trying to get inside people's heads and see life the way they do--it's my natural modus operandi. I have to strategize to understand.

I've been trying to live more in the moment--the "be here now" mentality--but it's really (really) hard.

IMO, focusing on the present (with enough learned in hindsight to keep one healthy, and enough pattern recognition to not get caught by surprise and kicked off your feet all the time) is a very healthy way to approach life and I want to achieve this better than I currently do.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I can't imagine functioning without trying to get inside people's heads and see life the way they do--it's my natural modus operandi. I have to strategize to understand.

I've been trying to live more in the moment--the "be here now" mentality--but it's really (really) hard.

IMO, focusing on the present (with enough learned in hindsight to keep one healthy, and enough pattern recognition to not get caught by surprise and kicked off your feet all the time) is a very healthy way to approach life and I want to achieve this better than I currently do.
    i hear that. over thinking has become my signature, and though i've tried toning it down, it's really hard .

i'm glad all the SP's are happy with who they are. a little pride goes a long way.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    i'm glad all the SP's are happy with who they are. a little pride goes a long way.
    There have definitely been times that I'm not happy with who I am.

There have definitely been times that I'm not happy with who I am.

There are times when I've been down on myself for stuff. But I've always put it down to general incompetence not type.

You know I never thought of blaming stuff on my type that might come in handy.
    Good for the ego to have a scapegoat.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    There are times when I've been down on myself for stuff. But I've always put it down to general incompetence not type.

You know I never thought of blaming stuff on my type that might come in handy.
    Good for the ego to have a scapegoat.
    Yeah, it's actually helped me not judge myself as harshly, I'm like "that's just how you are."

Nope - I've never wondered. I'm pretty happy with you I am.

I'm not impatient nor impulsive. Talk to my ENTJ husband about impatience, and ENFP daughter about impulsivity.

Yeah, it's actually helped me not judge myself as harshly, I'm like "that's just how you are."
    Studying type has helped in that way also. More looking back on childhood though.
    I think I've developed Se over the years so I can kind of relate to the OP but more in that I would have liked to have better control of my impulses and need to entertain and be skillful. So I don't wish for less of the traits of SP. I want the skills to fully utilise them.
    That's not too much to ask for is it?

Dali

Yes, a little more J would take me a long way.

Though I'd rather be anything but ISFJ... even INTJ or something. Nothing personal.

But, the yearning only crops up once in a while. For instance; now, when I realise my 50-page dissertation is due in a 3 days and I'm yet to put pen to paper.

I had a whole year to complete it.