User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Default ISTJs are they all in the can for Mc Cain?

Are most ISTJ's Republican?
    My BF is pro guns and pro white male. lol.
    Anyway, I am voting for Obama and i get really pissed that he can't admit that the Republican party is not what it used to be.I tried to explain to him what a neocon is... He said he would vote for Bush again if he was up for election. WHAT? This makes me question his judgment and wonder if he has a death wish or is racist or something.

I am more independent minded, and not easily scared. When he argues he uses examples to try and scare me, like terrorists will kill you, the whole world is coming to an end, and he sounds like a whiny B**ch.

I think he thinks democrats are pussy's, and we need to be tough,,,bla bla bla.
    On the other hand he is so full of contradictions its unbelievable.

This election is making me hate him! I don't mind him being republican, its his NARROW MINDEDNESS that Kills me ,and his stereotyping, irrational fears about things going horribly wrong...

Anyone have an opinion on this?

I hate the way he generalizes.
    I wish he would change but I know its better to except him as is? I just don't know if I can...I hate ignorance. I am starting to have contempt for him.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

How important is this to you?
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I have noticed most xxTJ's are more conservative.......yes.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

lol

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    How important is this to you?
    Its pretty important... I am passionate about this historical election. I want to improve our standing in the world.

I feel like I want to agree with someone I love on important issues. We don't agree on Religion or Politics,and it kind of sucks. Ya know the feeling?

It's like I used to think he was smart and logical, but some of his views are downright base. Good/Evil, Right/Wrong, Weak/Strong, Win/Lose.
    Hello... its not all balck and white!

Also, my cat looks identical to your avatar picture! whoa.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

This is a funny thread. I like how it stacks up with recent SJ forum threads:

(Feelings)
    (Feelings)
    (Feelings)
    (Politics)
    (Feelings)

Though there's probably a lot that can be said on this topic.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

GAME ON......

MBTI
    eNFp
    Enneagram

I think that any political agenda that is too extreme, right or left, is not good.
    I think that there should be a govern near the center approach.
    So I think the fear stems from our country being led by someone who is too Left or too Right.

I am more left of center, and I have heard that our country is right of center.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by hermeticdancer View Post
    ISTJ's are they all in the can for Mc Cain? Are most ISTJ's Republican?

... I hate the way he generalizes.

Stop it, I'm choking to death on irony!

... He said he would vote for Bush again if he was up for election. WHAT? This makes me question his judgment and wonder if he has a death wish or is racist or something.
    Get used to it.

Think "risk management."

It's better to dance with the devil you know than take a chance on the one you've just met.

I am more independent minded, and not easily scared. When he argues he uses examples to try and scare me, like terrorists will kill you, the whole world is coming to an end, and he sounds like a whiny B**ch.
    Well, that approach is rather fearmongering.
    But it's effective for many.
    Obviously it means a lot to him.

I think he thinks democrats are pussy's, and we need to be tough,,,bla bla bla. On the other hand he is so full of contradictions its unbelievable.
    Again, get used to it.

The biggest thing I have seen over the years is that many people are great at taking one or two points that matter to them personally and otherwise not worrying about whether someone's speeches and comments create a large consistent pattern. People really DO pick their ideologies that way and vote for candidates that way. I was stunned the first time I realized people didn't think through things and look for patterns like I did, they sometimes even use "backwards logic" to justify the candidate they already wanted to vote for.

This election is making me hate him! I don't mind him being republican, its his NARROW MINDEDNESS that Kills me ,and his stereotyping, irrational fears about things going horribly wrong... Anyone have an opinion on this?
    I've generally heard a lot of that mentality among ISTJ guys I have known, yes. They like to preserve status quo, because the tried and true is always better than the unknown risk.

Protect the beachhead.
    Dig in and hold firm.
    Forget advancing the troops and taking risks.
    It's just the way the type thinks.

I wish he would change but I know its better to except him as is? I just don't know if I can...I hate ignorance. I am starting to have contempt for him.
    He's your boyfriend.
    If you want the relationship to work, you'd better start accepting him like he is.
    If you decide he isn't going to change and it's not what you want, then you need to make some hard choices.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer
    The biggest thing I have seen over the years is that many people are great at taking one or two points that matter to them personally and otherwise not worrying about whether someone's speeches and comments create a large consistent pattern.
    Yeah, over the course of the election I've noticed that nearly all politics seem to work that way. The lack of logic is annoying to me, too. But who knows? Maybe I could be accused of the same...

Hermetic, changing his mind would probably take a pretty long time. I'm sure he's not trying to offend you or anything. He will be more open to discussion of politics if you take it calmly and rationally, I would guess.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 10-23-2008 at 03:16 PM. Reason: on-topic
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.