User Tag List

First 234

Thread: ISTJ Heartbreak

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    My ISTJ roommate just was let down by this girl that he really liked. They were close friends, he finally got up the nerve to ask her out, they dated for two weeks and she swiftly backed out on him. He is completely shocked and sad.

How can I be a good friend to him? Suggestions? I want to support him.
    The poor fellow. The orange juice and donut was very thoughtful and I am sure he truly appreciated it. Since he is ISTJ, he probably won't talk to anyone about what happened. At least, not willingly. You could pry it out of him I'm sure, but it's best just to let him bring it up if he wants. That is something I fear, failing somebody like that. In my opinion, that was pretty brave of him to ask her out in the first place- a milestone for an ISTJ. When it only lasts two weeks , thats just being mean. I hope she at least gave him an explanation.

Well, just continue to be nice to him. He may even turn his attention toward you?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    In my opinion, that was pretty brave of him to ask her out in the first place- a milestone for an ISTJ.
    My thoughts exactly.

In the past, I've had few crushes, but I never dared to darn thing about it. And after all these years, I feel very sad about it. What if I would have dared to ask that girl...

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I hope she at least gave him an explanation.
    I hope not just "an" explanation, but "the" explanation. When my girlfriend broke up with me, she gave me several explanations... and everyone was as bad as the other. That was probably the most devastating thing in the break-up... I felt like she thought I couldn't handle the truth.

Well, I'm somewhat over it now... I just want to stay as far from her as possible.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Yeah, rejection really hits the ISTJ hard. Girls have always given me the simlar line of "I don't want to date because it might ruin our friendship" whereas I know darn well that I already ruined it by bringing it up! So, it's kind of like a loose end...and you just walk away.

I know there was a girl [my guess is ENFP, but she didn't seem sad when I said no?] who was slightly interested in me and stupid me, I decided "oh I'm too busy right now and I don't want to dissapoint you" and all that... that was many years ago... and I have never had a chance since! Talk about shooting myself in the foot! I think about what would have happened if I just said yes... but oh well. Life goes on.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ

ha ah ha...i'm not alone feeling like this (heartbroken)...wow!i'm pure ISTJ...*amazed

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    Si
    Socionics
    ESTP

The real question is: DO ISTJ HAVE HEARTS?. Last time they did an autospsy on a pure ISTJ specimen, they found a mechanical gizmo attached to where the heart should have been, the gizmo served as replacement to organic heart, and it also conjured some form of substance which it mixed with the blood. Biologists theorize that this substance is the main cause for the ISTJ's supreme discipline and robotic mannerism.
    "Where can you flee? What road will you use to escape us? Our horses are swift, our arrows sharp, our swords like thunderbolts, our hearts as hard as the mountains, our soldiers as numerous as the sand. Fortresses will not detain us, nor arms stop us. Your prayers to God will not avail against us. We are not moved by tears nor touched by lamentations."

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Of course he has a heart! They're like Jim and Pam from The Office... he tells her twice of how he feeling and she deflects... I told him he should transfer branches. What worked for Jim may work for him!

MBTI
    LoLz

We have hearts. We just....keep it behind thousands of steel walls.

This song makes me think ISTJ in relationships:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyxr20hoC9E]The Math[/YOUTUBE]