• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs: What qualities do you look for?

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
You[the ISTJ], what do you look for when you are searching or analyzing someone as a potential relationship partner? Values? Morals? Looks? etc. :cheese:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know. It's just too broad a question.

The questions on this forum just keep getting harder and harder. :tongue:

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Values? Morals? Looks? etc. :cheese:

All of the above.

I want someone who values faithfulness, loyalty and honesty as much as I do. I don't need them to fall in line completely with all my views on everything; I'm a fairly open minded ISTJ. As long as they respect my stances and opinions and share the same basic values as me that are necessary for a good and healthy relationship then I'm pretty open with the rest (not saying there won't ever be debate though :D). I like compassionate and warm/sincere women, optimistic and spirited (but not in an "I'm going to suffocate you with my spiritedness :devil:!!!" way).

A level of physical attraction is important to me. There are a ton of cool people out there that I could be compatible with, probably, but being physically attracted to them is an important element for me in a intimate/romantic relationship.

Ambition is another draw. Doesn't need to fall in line with mine necessarily, but it's always cute when a person is driven and compelled towards something - a hobby/ies, a study/ies, something like that.

Sense of humor that fits with mine. I don't laugh at a lot of conventional humor, so it's nice when you're with someone that "gets you".

Domino

ENFJ In Chains
MBTI Type
eNFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Beat - I'm mailing you Jaye. Can you not be patient while I wrestle her into a box?!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
I should have mentioned, I prefer a woman who is not crushed or in multiple pieces as well. Ship her first-class this time, on my dime. *Flips you a dime. Winks suavely.*

E.Thomas

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Ambition, strong convictions, observational intelligence, wants a family

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't like talking about this stuff.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Bella, you're a lover and you know it. lol

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't know. It's just too broad a question.

The questions on this forum just keep getting harder and harder. :tongue:

I agree. It seems as ISTJs we're constantly barraged by emotionally opinionated questions, lol. I don't mind, but I am too tired to post my thoughts on what I look for tonight. Tomorrow perhaps. :D

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
I agree. It seems as ISTJs we're constantly barraged by emotionally opinionated questions, lol. I don't mind, but I am too tired to post my thoughts on what I look for tonight. Tomorrow perhaps. :D

That is because there are a few NF type women hanging out here that like your type and are trying to learn about it. I think, anyway.

Look for the silver lining. Your type is popular. ;)

Quixotic

MBTI Type
INFP
That is because there are a few NF type women hanging out here that like your type and are trying to learn about it. I think, anyway.

Tell me about it. I am very fascinated by one ISTJ man in particular that I know, and all these threads pertaining to the inner workings of ISTJs are very informative. It's nice to know I'm not the only one curious, especially since it seems like a lot of the members on here have a special ISTJ in their lives they want to understand better. :)

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ

Really? I was wondering who goes with SJ's. It always seems like the NT and NF's here are all over each other.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
Really? I was wondering who goes with SJ's. It always seems like the NT and NF's here are all over each other.

Kiersey says you like the artisans, SPs.
But I know many SJs at work and have dated a few, and I really
enjoy them, for the most part.

fishingdude

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You[the ISTJ], what do you look for when you are searching or analyzing someone as a potential relationship partner? Values? Morals? Looks? etc. :cheese:

She has to be pretty, and there's no getting around that. It would be illogical to pursue a lasting relationship with someone you're not attracted to. As an ISTJ, I need time alone to recharge, so she would have to accept this. I really can't stand people who say everything that is going through their head out loud ALL the time. I generally listen to people, but only when they have something to say that's got some thought behind it. I'm not easy to read, but this would be something she would have to be able to do. She would have to find dry and sarcastic humor hilarious, because that's all I got. On the outside I may look serious most of the time, but I guarantee on the inside I'm very laid back. Of course the morals and values have to be similar, but I don't think those are tied to personality types.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3

You know, that is kind of true. I have no idea why, but I am intensely curious about ISTJs; probably more so than most other types.

And yeah; I kind of think there's too much "NFs should go with theeeese, and SPs should go with thoooose" because honestly, I don't think it's quite that strict; sure, NTs are nice, but I kind of like shaking things up with an S type a little more ;)

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
Out of the four temperaments, NF's are the ones that attract me the most, but most specifically, INFJ and ENFJ. SJ's are like looking in a mirror, and it just makes me want to kill myself. NT's pique my curiosity because they're not easy to figure out. I think I work with an NT girl, and she's sooo distant. To her, it's a feat that you know her name. SP's just make me feel uneasy.

The graciousness that comes with the NF's is what attracts me the most. However, getting around their constant morals and idealist viewpoints is a job in itself. I don't really care how much you love your church or want to burn your bra. ><

I can wrap ENFJ's around my finger if I go into sensitive and caring ISTJ mode. However, I have to hold back my disregard for morals and emotions.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9

o0oo0 is that sooooo Bella??

Rawr...kitty... :wink: