User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Socionics
    IxTJ

Quote Originally Posted by E.Thomas View Post
    Quite the opposite for me. My two closest friends, one very much an E the other an I, happened so fast I don't even remember it. My time is too valuable to spend years deciding if someone is my best friend. They either represent the same ideals and morals as I do, or not.
    I think you are right on the nail with that observation. With ISTJ's good friends suddenly happen, and they are few and far between.
    Speak Truthfully, Act Righteously

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Okay sorry, I had to be a biiit silly. But games seem to be the best in my opinion when it comes to my ISTJ friend. Common interests tend to help, and games are easy emotion-devoid ways of connecting to people in a lighthearted manner so it's convenient for either party.
    My ISTJ husband and I get along the best when we at at play. This year I ran across a statement which confirmed this in the MBTI literature.

It's easy for him to slip into a daily routine which becomes a rut and my personality seems to help pull him out of it.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Well the E's only think that because Bella said "Being quiet with someone."

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by saieditor View Post
    I think you are right on the nail with that observation. With ISTJ's good friends suddenly happen, and they are few and far between.

^ Sounds like something I would say! At any rate, I agree. I also agree with what I think someone else said earlier on the thread: friendships also seem to happen when ISTJ's are forced to be with other people- at work,maybe even in class (as long as someone else initiates the conversation), especially in stressful situations such as during combat when it forces the ISTJ's to use their J and communicate to others what to do.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

If I ask your advice to help me make a decision, it's a sign that I'm starting to trust you and your judgment. We are bonding. This might be true for IJ (Introverted Judgers) in general, though.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Question

Sorry if Iam repeating but, to give you a scenario of what I think Bella means is, a good place to "bond" with your ISTJ friend is to talk one on one in the car ride home. Or in another place where there is noone else to bother or listen in on the conversation. But remember, YOU have to take the initiative.

However, don't use the above scenario to pummel the ISTJ with questions nor should you make small talk. Make sure your conversations have an objective. Don't be afraid to make obvious statements and don't be afraid to be blunt- just be considerate, don't back the ISTJ into a corner with your questioning because it would inevitably put them on the defensive.

Not sure how other ISTJ's feel about this scenario but that is what I would like if I were your ISTJ friend.
    Last edited by d@v3; 12-29-2008 at 12:33 PM.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

I don't see how that "quiet" thing is supposed to work. Two people just sitting around the table, doing nothing? I'd find it awkward.

Sharing common activities, especially games and work, works for me. Schedules are just fine for the ISTJ, atleast I find it much more "emotional-safe" option, than suggesting a spontaneous meeting with someone personally. This kinda gives the ISTJ an excuse for the meeting, rather than openly admitting he likes the company. At least I would find it difficult to suggest something like: "Hey, you are a nice person! How about if you come to my place and we watch some movie and stuff?"

And of course, the fewer people involved, the better. One-on-one is the most suited form for us ISTJs, because this way we can truly control what's happening.

I don't mind someone telling me about his/her emotions, but they shouldn't expect me to do the same. And actually, I feel that it's easier to talk about emotions if the other person has opened the game already. So I'm expecting them to make the initiate, but still hoping for a gentle one. :p

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I don't see how that "quiet" thing is supposed to work. Two people just sitting around the table, doing nothing? I'd find it awkward.
    Me too, actually. Probably because I almost always have a feeling that the other person "expects" me to start talking.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Me too, actually. Probably because I almost always have a feeling that the other person "expects" me to start talking.
    Even though I'm not a chatty person, I try to keep the conversation up... well, atleast if the other person doesn't look like he's bored of me, or doesn't want to talk anymore.

But I avoid small talk! If I have to talk, I want to be of some use at least.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    Even though I'm not a chatty person, I try to keep the conversation up...

But I avoid small talk! If I have to talk, I want to be of some use at least.
    I try to, I just usually fail at it. I need an extrovert to help me out.

And I agree about the small talk.