• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] How do ISTJs flirt?

moonbaby

I agree totally with the hug thing...especially if it is a non-relative opposite sex. It is too intimate to be comfortable.

INTJs are very similar to ISTJs in many ways, even mistaken for them.

I enjoy them, and don't have the trouble I read of in the feelings department (perhaps because I have a little black heart too lol). It is the most comfortable all the way around for me. I even have a fairly good idea that getting our freak on would be fluid. Lol

Goin way past hugs now...

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yes, that was a side question I had. There were bigger issues being discussed.

moonbaby

I actually see the hug question as an integral part of the bigger picture.
It was a great add. :)

PinkIceTD

MBTI Type
ENFP
Hugs are scary.

LOL....

hugs are a reflex for me...sometimes I have to stop myself because i don't the people THAT well. But they don't mean anything, just hi or bye...i do the one arm hug thing. anyway, you guys moved past hugs so...

moonbaby

I wanted to clarify:

I did not mean movin way past hugs as the subject in this thread. I made a sexual reference, and THAT was moving way past a hug. :)

The hug subject is good because it gives a basic/overall idea in physical affection: carry on!

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I wanted to clarify:

I did not mean movin way past hugs as the subject in this thread. I made a sexual reference, and THAT was moving way past a hug. :)

The hug subject is good because it gives a basic/overall idea in physical affection: carry on!
It seemed like we had kind of done both. But enough semantics! Let us talk of things...

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
So if someone just asked you(the ISTJ) if you like them(and you do), what's your answer? Gosh that sounds so high school. LOL.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
So if someone just asked you(the ISTJ) if you like them(and you do), what's your answer? Gosh that sounds so high school. LOL.

If it's safe, and you do, then you say yes.
I don't get what's so starnge....

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
I guess what I find so strange is that.. any sort of feeling is rather hidden with the ISTJ. So asking a question towards them about their feelings towards me would seem a little awkward, or intimidating.

tenINsFJ

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Yeah, wouldn't you be put off by it? Or would you appreciate the openness of the question regardless of your feelings?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, it's going be a little awkward if I'm not interested in him. But it's like that for everyone isn't it? If I am interested, I wouldn't mind it. But only if things have already developed a bit. If some poopie player's just asking me that to have his ego stroked or something like that, there's not a chance of me admitting to it, even if I might like him. And I probabaly won't, because I don't waste my time.

E.Thomas

MBTI Type
ISTJ

Well, the first thing you would have to do is be less vague. I myself could analyze that question 5 different ways before the response time became awkward, then give you my most truthful answer that doesnt completely reveal my feelings.

Beat said:
Hugs are scary

Agreed.

wordvarc

Personally, no. I'm not one to do the breakup/get-back-together cycle. Once I have determined it "hopeless" I drop all interest. I guess it would deal with the past experience as well. The thought process would be, "This didn't work then, this, more than likely, wont work now. As soon as I spot one consistency with said problem prior to getting back 'together' I am out."

Can't speak for all, however. :D

SJ's let the past determine their future? Are they too cynical or hurt in pst to allow for change, hope, or growth?

Wild horses

MBTI Type
ENFP
I love ISTJs (despite the fact that I seem to annoy the hell out of them :cry:) And although they do not strike me as the most confident bunch when it comes to dealings with the opposite sex I do find that their incredibly stable sense of self comes off as confidence and is very attractive. They never seem to second guess themselves either which another thing I really thik is amazing with them. The only thing I have noticed in my dealings with them is that they really value they best friend (Sometimes their only friend in their eyes) and so if an ISTJ has real feeling for you their best buddy will know about it

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
SJ's let the past determine their future? Are they too cynical or hurt in pst to allow for change, hope, or growth?

Yes, to your first question, and no to your second. The thing is that enough time needs to pass between interaction A and restart action B. Flip-flopping with emotions and let downs is a definite no. I don't tolerate it, and they take too much out of me. If I'm in a relationship that constantly drains me I'm not enjoying myself, and I know for sure they're not. I will work through problems, don't get me wrong, but if things do not change we both will feel the repercussions. Changing who you are for someone to such a degree that you are no longer yourself = bad.

My last relationship went this way. I dated an ENFJ that was too set in her need for validation that I couldn't give all the time. We realized this was each of our short-comings and decided to call it off. It simply wouldn't work.

I enjoy these questions. :yes:

:D