User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Misty_Mountain_Rose View Post
    I was so thinking this earlier. It seems like all of us are trying to figure out an ISTJ in our lives. Tis the season. Every thread at the top of the SJ Guardhouse is about ISTJ's lol. They are fascinating though, and I'm hoping some miracle will bring mine back around to me. Trying not to hold my breath though.

These threads have actually helped a lot. I think I understand a bit more what happened, and while I can't really change it, it does help me to accept it a little better.

You guys are a confusing lot, and apparently all the ISTJ's in the world have answered some secret 'lets mess with someone's head' call to arms :P
    You lost yout ISTJ? Bummer.

No, we don't mess with peoples heads, I don't think we have any appreciation for mind games.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    INFP

How do you lose an ISTJ? Mine's always right where I last saw him.

(Some days I call that "A rut." Other days I'd call it "On track!")
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ

I would have to agree completely with everything Recoleta said in her posts.

An expression of feelings is only bestowed upon our most trusted few.

I will spend time researching things to develop common threads of discussion. I think the researching comes from our innate need to learn new things and the disgust at trying to fake knowledge or similarities.

We are horrible at flirting in what is perceived as the common way, but our strengths lie in our confidence in who and what we are rather than confidence in talking to those of the opposite sex.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Hi E.Thomas. Pleased to meet you.

violaine

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    Specifically females, but males are okay to know too. I'm just curious.
    I used to date an ISTJ, we hung out for about 6 months before anything happened (he was an acquaintance of my brother's). I really liked him but he never flirted with me. We ended up together because one night he said "I like you" I said "oh, I like you too", he pushed me against a wall, kissed me, left me standing there utterly shocked and went outside to ask my brother's permission to date me?!? hahaha.

MBTI
    ISTJ

aaaaaand!? What then?

violaine

^oh, he came back inside and asked me out cos my brother was ok with it... haha I really don't think he would have pursued things had my brother not been ok with it. (I was weirded out, taken aback etc that he included that little step, but he was a very 'stand-up guy' he could only have done it that way.)

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Great post Recoleta, had to give you reputation points for that Helped a bunch!

Sanveane, I noticed you said "used to date" what happened? Was there a communication difference, move away, etc? What are your thoughts on dating an ISTJ, or experience? Would you do it again??

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by tenINsFJ View Post
    Sanveane, I noticed you said "used to date" what happened? Was there a communication difference, move away, etc? What are your thoughts on dating an ISTJ, or experience? Would you do it again??
    I can't wait for this answer, because I am seriously about to call it a day and move on.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I am also awaiting a response...

I'm hoping some miracle will bring mine back around to me. Trying not to hold my breath though.
    I've wondered this...
    Seeing as how ISTJ's thoroughly rely on past experiences... would they ever return after a breakup?