User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I've never seen my husband "come on" to anyone.

He just hangs out looking his very ISTJ self and women flirt with him.

As a very rigidly principled human this works to his convenience. He doesn't have to compromise his standards.

Example:

At a party one night I came out of the bathroom and saw a pretty blonde sitting on his lap.

When I'd tended to business - protecting my "property" - heh - I had a quiet word with him. Quiet but not unheated.

His response? "Yeah, but I didn't do anything. She just came along and sat on my lap."

The poor thing. . .

Anja said, "Um. Let's talk about personal responsibility."
    LOL!
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    I don't think I flirt. I hate letting on that I like someone, I'd rather die.
    Is this your personal thing or

Is this more for men or women or more universal. Also, would the alternative be to pretend that you don't? For example, if you liked someone, would you (you meaning any ISTJ that wants to answer) go out of your way to almost make that persone believe you are uninterested?

MBTI
    ISTx

Suaveness

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    Is this your personal thing or

Is this more for men or women or more universal. Also, would the alternative be to pretend that you don't? For example, if you liked someone, would you (you meaning any ISTJ that wants to answer) go out of your way to almost make that persone believe you are uninterested?
    It's tough even thinking about "how" I act. I don't like letting on that I like someone unless they've expressed interest first. I don't go out of my way to deny that I like them, if asked directly, but I don't offer that information otherwise.

Another possibility is joking in a "crude" manner. I will occasionally make seemingly rude gestures in joke and see how they react, positively or negatively. I guess that's kind of an interest indicator. I dunno.

For example (after a few beers; I'm not really interested in the person I said this to (thus the beer reference )): After receiving birthday punches/licks/whateveryouwanttocallthem from a girl at my party, she says, "Sorry I didn't get you anything" or something of the like. I respond with, "It's alright, you can make it up in blowjobs." She reacts negatively, but not irrationally, therefore I deduce she also has no interest. I guess the response I'd be looking for was closer to, "Yeaaahh...Suuure. *cough* Bullshit *cough*" LOL

This may be only me.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Lol Arbiter! My guess is that it's only you

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by ArbiterDewey View Post
    It's tough even thinking about "how" I act. I don't like letting on that I like someone unless they've expressed interest first. I don't go out of my way to deny that I like them, if asked directly, but I don't offer that information otherwise.

Another possibility is joking in a "crude" manner. I will occasionally make seemingly rude gestures in joke and see how they react, positively or negatively. I guess that's kind of an interest indicator. I dunno.

For example (after a few beers; I'm not really interested in the person I said this to (thus the beer reference )): After receiving birthday punches/licks/whateveryouwanttocallthem from a girl at my party, she says, "Sorry I didn't get you anything" or something of the like. I respond with, "It's alright, you can make it up in blowjobs." She reacts negatively, but not irrationally, therefore I deduce she also has no interest. I guess the response I'd be looking for was closer to, "Yeaaahh...Suuure. *cough* Bullshit *cough*" LOL

This may be only me.

Thanks...however...

LOL. Wooow. Yeah, no, even if i liked the guy I could in no way respond in a non-negative manner to that. I'd be offended.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    ...if you liked someone, would you (you meaning any ISTJ that wants to answer) go out of your way to almost make that persone believe you are uninterested?
    No, not really. I would sure go out of my way to make others believe I'm not interested in her. But I have to balance that by not making it obvious that I'm covering up for the fact that I actually do like her. And that all results in clumsy, awkward, embarrassing situations. But when not in public, I would pay her more attention, and hope she notices. Like Recoleta said, my "flirting" is usually limited to humor--never physical.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    No, not really. I would sure go out of my way to make others believe I'm not interested in her. But I have to balance that by not making it obvious that I'm covering up for the fact that I actually do like her. And that all results in clumsy, awkward, embarrassing situations. But when not in public, I would pay her more attention, and hope she notices. Like Recoleta said, my "flirting" is usually limited to humor--never physical.
    So then when do you decide to become physical? After a relationship status of boyfriend/girlfriend is obtained?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by tENnisFJ View Post
    So then when do you decide to become physical? After a relationship status of boyfriend/girlfriend is obtained?
    Yeah, not before that. I feel I would be going over the line and into her personal space if I weren't even sure she liked me also. But really, (from the little experience I have), even when I do know, I don't "flirt" physically very much. More affectionate, sure, more humor-flirting, but still not very physical.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 10-18-2008 at 04:36 PM. Reason: pronoun
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by tENnisFJ View Post
    :pays rapt attention:

Yes, I'd like to know as well.