User Tag List

First 123412 Last

MBTI
    INFP

kyueei, that made me laugh out loud. I totally get that.

Once when my young husband was feeling amorous and I 'had a headache" he said to me in a pathetically pleading tone of voice, "Yeah, but I mowed the lawn today."

Honest to God.

All romance flew out the window with that one!

Just see what I've had to suffer.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    INFP

Not related to flirting but similar in tone to the difference between types, I've learned not to grab his toothbrush in the morning. He becomes terribly offended if I put something in my mouth that he's had in his. Go figure. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

LOL!! No way!! >.o So tolerant you are! I just don't understand that sort of attitude!
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Not related to flirting but similar in tone to the difference between types, I've learned not to grab his toothbrush in the morning. He becomes terribly offended if I put something in my mouth that he's had in his. Go figure. . .
    Also not understood. tongue + tongue = okay. Clean toothbrush + tongue = Clean toothbrush and teeth = NOT OKAY.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I can imagine!! I actually heard a story last night that I absolutely died laughing about!!
    Ditzy girl: <Waking up the next morning after escapades.> I want.. Pancakes! <hopeful look!, starry eye'd!>
    ISTJ: <Looks at her.> No.
    Wonder who that was...

I agree with Recoleta and Cimarron. It just doesn't happen comfortably for us.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I was away from home for quite a while this last winter and one day I called my ISTJ husband up and said, "Flirt with me a little bit."

Looooooooooog silence.
    Understood.

Over the phone = No. :confused: lol
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Ummmm, badly? My flirting is really subtle (probably to the point of being unnoticeable). It usually involves witty banter, lots of sarcasm, and just joking around constantly.

Quite frankly, I'm awful at emotional things...I don't know how to express my emotions outwardly without it being awkward. I feel a lot and think a lot on the inside, but getting those feelings to come out is a very rare occurrence, and usually makes me slightly uncomfortable -- and this occurrence has to happen naturally with someone that I am VERY comfortable with and trust a lot.

If you have ever gotten an ISTJ to "spill their emotional guts" to you, consider yourself very blessed. They'll likely stick around as a friend (or more) for life.

As for flirting through being seductive or something, you can probably forget about that. We usually don't stand out in a crowd, and unless the ISTJ you're talking about is smokin' hot and actually has the confidence to go along with it, we probably dress more on the conservative side.

I'm really trying to think here...I know what I don't do, but saying what I do do is very tough. Usually the people that have asked me out in the past just said that I was "different." It's probably that I don't try and stick out...I'm just myself and don't try to force things. I never take initiative. I figure if something will happen, it'll happen eventually. Kind of like the whole "waiting" thing that was mentioned in the Male ISTJ thread.
    Interesting!

Like how the guy described his broth-in-laws way of "flirting," how would the same thing apply to you? If you liked someone, how would you try to grab their attention? Or demonstrate you like them(even if it's incredibly subtle)?

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by ArbiterDewey View Post
    Understood.

Over the phone = No. :confused: lol
    Electronically challenged here!

MBTI
    INFP

I've never seen my husband "come on" to anyone.

He just hangs out looking his very ISTJ self and women flirt with him.

As a very rigidly principled human this works to his convenience. He doesn't have to compromise his standards.

Example:

At a party one night I came out of the bathroom and saw a pretty blonde sitting on his lap.

When I'd tended to business - protecting my "property" - heh - I had a quiet word with him. Quiet but not unheated.

His response? "Yeah, but I didn't do anything. She just came along and sat on my lap."

The poor thing. . .

Anja said, "Um. Let's talk about personal responsibility."

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't think I flirt. I hate letting on that I like someone, I'd rather die.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...