User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Imagine two ISTJ's hugging! Haha!
    It's happened before. It's not so bad. One of my best friends (an ESFP) is married to an ISTJ man. I get along great with the both of them and I give both of them hugs every time I see them. I think we've both been socialized into it though.

I have another good friend (my old roommate and travel buddy) who is another female ISTJ. Nowadays we usually hug when parting because we only see each other once a week or less, but when we lived together I don't think we ever hugged. We know each other really really well though. A lot of our communication is non-verbal and mutually understood anyway. And when we do talk it's always direct. I've never questioned where I stood with her.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Lol! Yes, ESPECIALLY robots.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    It's happened before. It's not so bad. One of my best friends (an ESFP) is married to an ISTJ man. I get along great with the both of them and I give both of them hugs every time I see them. I think we've both been socialized into it though.
    I hear you.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

With my ISTJ friend, I'm almost definite he only hugs me to oblige my want of a hug, understanding my nature..
    Aww, it's not that they don't love hanging out with you. It's just...not comfortable for them to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta
    The middle hugs are much more intimate and I really wouldn't feel comfortable hugging someone like that if I didn't really know them or had no romantic interest in them.
    I'm talking about hugs with people you know, but (presumably) nothing romantic involved.

But I give good hugs when I feel the situation is right. Like for family, or for a girlfriend. And that's about it. A different one of my ex-girlfriends said I was a "good hugger" , she was an INTP or something.

The whole issue came up because my best friend, an ESTP I think, introduced me to a female friend of his. Even after hanging out together a few times, when she gives us hugs goodbye, I felt all awkward, and I guess she could tell my hug was kind of mechanical. So the next day, ESTP guy told me about what she had said, that she asked if I was gay.... So being the funny guy he is, he announces it as "Cimarron, your manhood has been questioned!" (Thought you guys might get a kick out of the story.) He explained to her that I just don't like people touching me. So next time I saw her, she hugged everybody else goodbye, and gave me a friendly wave. The whole thing is kind of silly.

Sorry if I'm going slightly off-topic here.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Aww, it's not that they don't love hanging out with you. It's just...not comfortable for them to do it.
    Oh no! you misunderstand me! ^_^ I'm not upset by that fact at all. It's just intriguing is all.. ISTJs tend to catch my attention.

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post

I'm talking about hugs with people you know, but (presumably) nothing romantic involved.

But I give good hugs when I feel the situation is right. Like for family, or for a girlfriend. And that's about it. A different one of my ex-girlfriends said I was a "good hugger" , she was an INTP or something.

The whole issue came up because my best friend, an ESTP I think, introduced me to a female friend of his. Even after hanging out together a few times, when she gives us hugs goodbye, I felt all awkward, and I guess she could tell my hug was kind of mechanical. So the next day, ESTP guy told me about what she had said, that she asked if I was gay.... So being the funny guy he is, he announces it as "Cimarron, your manhood has been questioned!" (Thought you guys might get a kick out of the story.) He explained to her that I just don't like people touching me. So next time I saw her, she hugged everybody else goodbye, and gave me a friendly wave. The whole thing is kind of silly.

Sorry if I'm going slightly off-topic here.

"Hangin out..." Now there's a concept I just don't get. The extreme casualness of it all....a mystery to me.

(lol)

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Breathing's another casual activity >.> ..

Maybe that's the problem right there!! If ya'll can't casually hang out, how could do you something like flirting??

Edit: XD My apologies.. I was trying to link this somehow right into the OP again.. It failed a bit.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Breathing's another casual activity >.> ..

Maybe that's the problem right there!! If ya'll can't casually hang out, how could do you something like flirting??

Edit: XD My apologies.. I was trying to link this somehow right into the OP again.. It failed a bit.

Breathing doesn't make me nervous....

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

I have a few female friends, or friends of friends, who do this... I only return the hug because I don't want them to think I'm being unfriendly with them, but in my mind I'm putting a disclaimer on the hug that says "but I don't like you in any special way". Basically, hugs are a bigger deal (more intimate) to me than they are to them, so to me it already kind of implies romance.
    I have an ESFJ friend who freaks out anytime a guy touches her! she assumes it's some act of interest.. I wonder if it's an SJ thing? Cause I'm constantly touchy with no motivation of flirtation or romance. I guess I do it too much that people think I am flirting... the worst kinda of miscommunication