User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 16

  1. #1
    Member illume's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    enfp
    Posts
    89

    Default ISFJ Male Vanity

    Hey All.... I have a close ISFJ Male friend who constantly frets over gaining a pound (weighs himself daily) and dyes his hair except for two gray streaks around his temples. His appears to all who know him to obsess over his appearance and be vain in general. He is very trim already so an extra pound seems like a very girly complaint in my opinion. He seems so hung up on himself for an ISFJ. What do you make of this? Is this normal for ISFJ men? I thought SJ's were not supposed to be so self-involved.

  2. #2
    pathwise dependent FDG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj
    Posts
    5,908

    Default

    Yeah, many ISFJ males I know are quite vain. It's actually the only part of their personality I usually really dislike, but they tone it down when you get to know them better.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

  3. #3
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    I am rather vain.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    9

    Default ISFL females can be quite vain

    Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    Hey All.... I have a close ISFJ Male friend who constantly frets over gaining a pound (weighs himself daily) and dyes his hair except for two gray streaks around his temples. His appears to all who know him to obsess over his appearance and be vain in general. He is very trim already so an extra pound seems like a very girly complaint in my opinion. He seems so hung up on himself for an ISFJ. What do you make of this? Is this normal for ISFJ men? I thought SJ's were not supposed to be so self-involved.
    ISFL females can be quite vain with a very clear idea how they SHOULD look often directed by one of their few trusted dominant others.

  5. #5
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wordvarc View Post
    ISFL females can be quite vain with a very clear idea how they SHOULD look often directed by one of their few trusted dominant others.
    ^ Probably true.

    But I don't know if that's the case for ISFJ males. I'm just wondering how many ISFJ's are male.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    istp
    Posts
    68

    Default

    Yeah, I think this is an SFJ thing. A lot of xSFJ guys are pretty damn vain, they llike to look good and stuff constantly working out jus to achiev a male image. I think this is to "hypersexualize" their lack of THINKER massulinity. Which is why a lot of ISFJ guys tend to have this aggression towards ISTp men who aer TRUE MASCULINE dudes.

    Don't fret ISFJ dudes, just because we are naturally cool doesn't mean you hav to hypersexualize your semi-bisexual feminine feely emotional selves.

    Don't think i'm attacking you, actually i am because i've been attacked by why too many girly isfj guys trying to think theyr'e better than me or are threatened by my true definition of masculinity, you feminity isfjs.

  7. #7
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by istpunk View Post
    Yeah, I think this is an SFJ thing. A lot of xSFJ guys are pretty damn vain, they llike to look good and stuff constantly working out jus to achiev a male image. I think this is to "hypersexualize" their lack of THINKER massulinity. Which is why a lot of ISFJ guys tend to have this aggression towards ISTp men who aer TRUE MASCULINE dudes.

    Don't fret ISFJ dudes, just because we are naturally cool doesn't mean you hav to hypersexualize your semi-bisexual feminine feely emotional selves.

    Don't think i'm attacking you, actually i am because i've been attacked by why too many girly isfj guys trying to think theyr'e better than me or are threatened by my true definition of masculinity, you feminity isfjs.
    ahahaha funniest post ever!

    I like "TRUE MASCULINE dudes" but I'm female.

  8. #8
    Senior Member ZiL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Funny someone should mention this. The most vain person I know is an ISFJ male . He's gone through so many weight transformations...skinny, buff, skinny...tanning tanning tanning...hair die. He was trying to "masculinize" his look, but since he's been hanging out in the gay scene, he's done a 180.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

  9. #9
    Senior Member surgery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Four
    Posts
    258

    Default

    Anyone who acts this way, not just ISFJs, is probably suffering from deep seeded feelings of shame and/or inferiority. I doubt he's really conceited or trying to dominate rather than trying to earn love.
    "Why had he never appreciated what a miracle he was, brain and nerve and bounding heart?"

  10. #10
    Dali
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by illume View Post
    Hey All.... I have a close ISFJ Male friend who constantly frets over gaining a pound (weighs himself daily) and dyes his hair except for two gray streaks around his temples. His appears to all who know him to obsess over his appearance and be vain in general. He is very trim already so an extra pound seems like a very girly complaint in my opinion. He seems so hung up on himself for an ISFJ. What do you make of this? Is this normal for ISFJ men? I thought SJ's were not supposed to be so self-involved.
    That sounds exactly like my ISFJ close pal.

    He's an extremely nice, pure-hearted popular guy. But his close pals know his vain side. And, he's always putting all his close female pals down for their weight and other physical issues. It's a good thing he's such a likable person else there'd be a bounty on his head 10 times over.

Similar Threads

  1. [ISFJ] male ISFJ and apologies
    By amazingdatagirl in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 01:40 PM
  2. [ISFJ] male ISFJs in executive roles
    By sculpting in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-01-2011, 09:25 PM
  3. [ISFJ] ISFJ Males- Your Experiences?
    By IZthe411 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 07:53 AM
  4. [MBTItm] INFJ female & ISFJ male
    By Eng.daisy in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 03:57 AM
  5. [ISFJ] Rant about an ISFJ male
    By Anna212 in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-18-2009, 02:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO