• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] ISFJ Male Vanity

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Hey All.... I have a close ISFJ Male friend who constantly frets over gaining a pound (weighs himself daily) and dyes his hair except for two gray streaks around his temples. His appears to all who know him to obsess over his appearance and be vain in general. He is very trim already so an extra pound seems like a very girly complaint in my opinion. He seems so hung up on himself for an ISFJ. What do you make of this? Is this normal for ISFJ men? I thought SJ's were not supposed to be so self-involved.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Yeah, many ISFJ males I know are quite vain. It's actually the only part of their personality I usually really dislike, but they tone it down when you get to know them better.

wordvarc

ISFL females can be quite vain

Hey All.... I have a close ISFJ Male friend who constantly frets over gaining a pound (weighs himself daily) and dyes his hair except for two gray streaks around his temples. His appears to all who know him to obsess over his appearance and be vain in general. He is very trim already so an extra pound seems like a very girly complaint in my opinion. He seems so hung up on himself for an ISFJ. What do you make of this? Is this normal for ISFJ men? I thought SJ's were not supposed to be so self-involved.

ISFL females can be quite vain with a very clear idea how they SHOULD look often directed by one of their few trusted dominant others.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ISFL females can be quite vain with a very clear idea how they SHOULD look often directed by one of their few trusted dominant others.

^ Probably true. :blush:

But I don't know if that's the case for ISFJ males. I'm just wondering how many ISFJ's are male.

istpunk

MBTI Type
istp
Yeah, I think this is an SFJ thing. A lot of xSFJ guys are pretty damn vain, they llike to look good and stuff constantly working out jus to achiev a male image. I think this is to "hypersexualize" their lack of THINKER massulinity. Which is why a lot of ISFJ guys tend to have this aggression towards ISTp men who aer TRUE MASCULINE dudes.

Don't fret ISFJ dudes, just because we are naturally cool doesn't mean you hav to hypersexualize your semi-bisexual feminine feely emotional selves.

Don't think i'm attacking you, actually i am because i've been attacked by why too many girly isfj guys trying to think theyr'e better than me or are threatened by my true definition of masculinity, you feminity isfjs.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I think this is an SFJ thing. A lot of xSFJ guys are pretty damn vain, they llike to look good and stuff constantly working out jus to achiev a male image. I think this is to "hypersexualize" their lack of THINKER massulinity. Which is why a lot of ISFJ guys tend to have this aggression towards ISTp men who aer TRUE MASCULINE dudes.

Don't fret ISFJ dudes, just because we are naturally cool doesn't mean you hav to hypersexualize your semi-bisexual feminine feely emotional selves.

Don't think i'm attacking you, actually i am because i've been attacked by why too many girly isfj guys trying to think theyr'e better than me or are threatened by my true definition of masculinity, you feminity isfjs.

ahahaha funniest post ever!

I like "TRUE MASCULINE dudes" but I'm female.

ZiL

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
567?
Funny someone should mention this. The most vain person I know is an ISFJ male :D. He's gone through so many weight transformations...skinny, buff, skinny...tanning tanning tanning...hair die. He was trying to "masculinize" his look, but since he's been hanging out in the gay scene, he's done a 180.

surgery

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Four
Anyone who acts this way, not just ISFJs, is probably suffering from deep seeded feelings of shame and/or inferiority. I doubt he's really conceited or trying to dominate rather than trying to earn love.

D

Dali

That sounds exactly like my ISFJ close pal.

He's an extremely nice, pure-hearted popular guy. But his close pals know his vain side. And, he's always putting all his close female pals down for their weight and other physical issues. It's a good thing he's such a likable person else there'd be a bounty on his head 10 times over.

chimpuloc

MBTI Type
ISFJ
yep yep yep

I'm an ISFJ male and I agree with a lot of the comments posted above.

I used to prepare and carefully pick what clothes I'd wear the next day, matching shirt, pants, etc.
Until I got lazy :p
And yet...at the same time there's a subtlety to all this vanity.
This is all difficult to pin down at the moment.
I think on an emotional grid. I have deep thoughts but finding and reaching for them is a hassle. Passionate in debates...just not very good at it.
oops, sorry...off topic :p

Alpha Prime

MBTI Type
XXXX
Enneagram
XXXX

They have, suprisingly, a deluded view of reality.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
yep yep yep

I'm an ISFJ male and I agree with a lot of the comments posted above.

I used to prepare and carefully pick what clothes I'd wear the next day, matching shirt, pants, etc.
Until I got lazy :p
And yet...at the same time there's a subtlety to all this vanity.
This is all difficult to pin down at the moment.
I think on an emotional grid. I have deep thoughts but finding and reaching for them is a hassle. Passionate in debates...just not very good at it.
oops, sorry...off topic :p

Hi!!! :hi::cheese:

Please please stay.

chimpuloc

MBTI Type
ISFJ
:D HELLO! :)
Don't worry, I will.
I love the internet!
I was disappointed to find that there's no forum specifically for ISFJ's...but it seems like everyone else does...especially the INTPs.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:D HELLO! :)
Don't worry, I will.
I love the internet!
I was disappointed to find that there's no forum specifically for ISFJ's...but it seems like everyone else does...especially the INTPs.

Yay! :D I don't think there are forums for any of the "S" types and S's are in the minority on here too.

chimpuloc

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Hah! Another thing I'm a minority in! lol

Quick question, my 2 bestest best friends are both INTP's, I know 4 other INTPs that I'm very good friends with, and I seem to always meet people with an N. WHY IS THIS?
Do opposites really attract? and no, I don't actively go out looking for these peeps ;)