User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Dated a fellow ISTJ for 4 years, then broke up. We analyzed what went wrong to death. We discussed what changed in different times during the relationship and how we could have changed our behavior or acted better during crucial times. In the end we just weren't the right life partners for each other.

I haven't really gotten over the relationship yet. Someone told me that it takes at least half the duration of the relationship (in my case, 2 years) to fully recover, and I'm sure it'll be awhile before I can even have a normal conversation with the guy again.

I don't do the casual dating/fling/hookup thing either. If I care about someone, I really put myself into the relationship. If it's a one-time date that doesn't work out, I don't think about it much.
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by ArbiterDewey View Post
    It really depends. If it was a serious relationship that lasted for some time, I don't handle them too well.

My last, however, was too predictable. I knew after we had been together for a day that we would in no way be a couple forever. I took the break up pretty well having already deduced that.

Ugh...relationships bother me. Desired, yet more trouble than they're normally worth...maybe I just haven't had a "good" experience, but I'm in absolutely in no hurry for another.

My thoughts
    It is totally uncanny how what everyone is saying here, I have heard verbatim from my friend. Especially the part about you desire them but theyre more trouble than theyre worth. I thought it was just him.

But I think part of the problem is that you guys "live in the past" so to speak. I think Cimmaron said earlier that you file bad experiences and basically remember them. I think that makes you have a pessimistic outlook on future relationships. You're expecting the same thing instead of being open to possibilities instead of being open to a different person. Not everyone is the same. Im sure thats the N talking...

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by PinkIceTD View Post
    I think Cimmaron said earlier that you file bad experiences and basically remember them. I think that makes you have a pessimistic outlook on future relationships. You're expecting the same thing instead of being open to possibilities instead of being open to a different person.

perdu fleur par bologne Martoon's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Ah, yes. There's nothing quite as romantic as a break-up.
    I'm not a procrastinator. I'm a long-term planner.