User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by bbites View Post
    Hmm. I don't like being automatically given responsibility. If someone else can't handle it than I'll usually step in and take over but usually for selfish motives; like group work at school, I won't volunteer to be the leader but if the leader isn't "leading" than I'll step in and do whatever needs to be done to save my grade. But in general I get anxious about taking the reigns, so to speak. Too much pressure.
    Agreed. I'll rarely volunteer for the leadership position, but as soon as I see things turning sour, I find myself leading; most times unintentionally.

This also applies to conversation concerning decision making, I believe. I remain quiet, observing all the data from the others. Once they come to a conclusion, if I feel there is a better, easier option I interject my solution. Rarely do I speak during these conversations until this point.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Thanks for your thoughts, guys. I think Recoleta's and Dewey's points resonate the most with me. But I think we are all generally feeling in the same area.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I like being needed and valued so I don't mind being given responsibility. I might get bored otherwise.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't go looking for it.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    I don't go looking for it.
    Why not? I usually don't either, which is part of the reason why I made this thread.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Why not? I usually don't either, which is part of the reason why I made this thread.
    What Sub said...
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

I avoid being given responsibility. I try to reject as many situations as possible where others "depend" on me. It's quite a drag. I don't really like thinking about what could be if I failed at a task I was "responsible" for as such. E.g. Can you promise to be here on X day at X time? Uhh, not really. Interestingly enough, when I was a Christian, and we'd have gatherings... if I did show up, I was always early .

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Eldanen View Post
    I don't really like thinking about what could be if I failed at a task I was "responsible" for as such.
    You mean for fear of letting others down, or just for fear of how bad whatever condition/situation it is could become?

Arcesso pulli gingerios! Eldanen's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ENTp

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    You mean for fear of letting others down, or just for fear of how bad whatever condition/situation it is could become?
    Both, really. Although, it might be less of a fear of letting others down, and more of a fear of just having a bad rep for being irresponsible :P. I don't really care about responsibility as a whole. I'll do what I absolutely have to do, but nothing more. Anything more I do, consider it a gift.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Being expressly introverted, I don't seek it out (responsibility) but it ends up in my lap anyway. Most of the time I get additional tasks that others have failed at. In a weird way, it's probably that I don't want the responsibility that I usually get it. I'll simply get the task done as simply and effectively as possible. Then it's over with. Because I want it over with quickly, I don't make assumptions, I don't rely on second-hand information, and I don't put myself in a position to rely on others at all - except for what I expressly dictate to them.

I find it extremely efficient. Others find it extremely annoying and anti-social. People who gave me the responsibility in the first place find it extremely satisfying (that the task is done - right).

Ironic, isn't it?
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...