• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Do S's develop their N as they get older?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
And do N's develop their S as they get older? If so, how does this happen?

spirilis

Senior Membrane
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You find yourself interested in and actively pursuing activites that exercise the other functions as you grow older. It's like you get bored with the stuff you always did before and naturally find different stuff to do.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Yeah something like what spirilis said.

Effectively, yes.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
And do N's develop their S as they get older? If so, how does this happen?

I think that an old person is more likely to be balanced but there is no reason to believe that this works for everybody.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Heh, actually I think the opposite is true for me. I have more life experiences that have taken the place of spending much time imagining possibilities. It doesn't mean I've lost my imagination, but I think a lot more of my brain space is used for memory storage these days. ;)

Condor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Intuition. For nearly fifty years; never had it - probably never will.

heart

heart on fire
This book talks about developing inferior functions as one gets older. I found it very helpful to understand how Si/Te develops in INFP as they get older.

From Image to Likeness: A Jungian Path in the Gospel Journey by W. Harold Grant, Thomas E. Clarke, Mary M. Thompson

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
I am a young-at-heart J. And I think I have gone in stages. A good amount of N as a child, a major S in high school and college, and more balanced now. In fact, many people on here type me as ENFJ or ENTJ. I am a definite ExxJ, with a pretty good balance on S/N and F/T.

Condor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Ps kinda seem like they've never aged

Js kinda seem like they've never been young

this is all my opinion. don't shoot me.

That's probably the most insightful thing I've ever heard anyone say about me - and scarily accurate.

Never been young.

Damn.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I suppose in some ways I wish this were true, unless I really am a J...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I only read the title and to me "Do S's develop their N as they get older? " is as senseless and true as "Do N's develop their S as they get older?"

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I suppose in some ways I wish this were true, unless I really am a J...

Oh, it's a stereotype so there will be exceptions but yeah you do seem a bit like an old soul.

I only read the title and to me "Do S's develop their N as they get older? " is as senseless and true as "Do N's develop their S as they get older?"

I asked both.

nightning

ish red no longer *sad*
MBTI Type
INfj

Hmmmm it doesn't apply to me. I'm a kiddie at heart. Gimme play over work any day. :D

Though I can see how many SJs are like that.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I asked both.

Yeah, but still there is no answer to your question. Some may, some may not. Those, who do not try to reach anything, have lost already