• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which sense is your strongest?

Which sense is your strongest?

• Definitely sight

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Definitely hearing

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Balanced between hearing and sight

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Really good sense of smell

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Really good sense of touch

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Really good sense of taste

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kind of a weird question, but I'm curious. Usually, it seems either Sight or Hearing is the strongest of a person's 5 senses. I guess we could give the honorable mention to unexpectedly strong Touch, Smell, or Taste, though.

My main reason for this thread: I have good Sight memory. If I see a word or a name once, I'll probably remember from there on out exactly how to spell it. Meanwhile, I have horrible Hearing memory. If I'm listening to someone talk and I'm not in closely-engaged conversation, I'm going to miss all the details, and almost always start drifting off. When I picture what that person is saying as written words, I automatically catch more of the content. Obviously, it helps the most when I write it down, so I can directly look at it. (I have college lectures in mind, specifically.)
Edit: I just remembered, I can keep a lot of details with me if I'm listening to someone intently--usually a good friend. But in everyday observation, it doesn't stick with me.

Does any of this sound familiar to you? Maybe it's the same for you, but with Hearing instead of Sight?

Last edited:

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I think my sense of hearing is quite strong, as too many sounds/noise really gets to me and bothers me. Apart from that, touch drives me up the wall, in a good way.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
My hearing sucks. I'm the worst for someone with no outward problems other than tinnitus.

I have pretty awesome eyes.. They corrected themselves when I needed glasses (I dunno how.. I needed them in middle school, tossed them by high school.) and I've had them damaged twice and they're still kickin' ass and takin' names.

My sense of touch rocks too. When I touch something, I can feel it. Definitely works everytime. On stuff that sucks to touch too, like a hot plate or liquid nitrogen.

... Those were the ones I picked btw. I don't have anything extraordinary about my smell or taste.. so those two were left, since I hate picking just one thing. XD

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Are you kidding me? You smell beeeeeautiful! :p

I just got a fortune cookie today (true story) that said "Keep your feet grounded when your friends make you float." or something gay like that.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm painfully lacking in a lot of these areas. I'm actually just extremely average on most accounts except for my sense of smell, which is horrendous.

I'm athletic though so I guess maybe touch-------------------> movement(can I do that?). Fuck it, my sense of movement is the best. Better yet bodily kinesthetic(thank Gardner for that term)

My IQ in that is like 156

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
:rolli: I meant the cookie was a bit gay.. but that sounds like a guilty conscience there.
I know what you meant, but knowing is only half teh battle.

OH, so it's wrong if I'm gay, is that what you sayin' to me, woman? LOL.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Uhm. Yes. Lowers my playing field. Nothing could be more wrong about that.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm oblivious for reasons that I can't blame on my sight or hearing. Hearing is probably stronger for me but I tune out easily on what I don't want to hear, that's usually others talking.

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i don't think my hearing's great. i miss what people say all the time. i also have colour deficiency (red and green to me are less strong, but i know what red and green is) so i can't say my vision's top notch either. i'll say my sense of taste/touch would be my strongest.

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My sense of smell is pretty pro. Once my ISTJ friend and I got our identical-looking whiteouts mixed up and weren't sure who's was who's. I solved this problem by smelling them. :D

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sight
i can see pain and other repressed emotions like its something stuck in their teeth
either way, i really want to eradicate it, post haste

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Sight.

But part of me believes that having strong or efficient senses can cause one to be oblivious because they will have the habit of focusing in closely on something while ignoring what's generally happening.