• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Which sense is your strongest?

Which sense is your strongest?

• Definitely sight

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Definitely hearing

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Balanced between hearing and sight

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • Really good sense of smell

Votes: 13 24.5%
  • Really good sense of touch

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • Really good sense of taste

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 6 11.3%

• Total voters

sade

My hearing memory is much better than sight memory, which is okay. I've been tested for sensitivity for disturbance aka my focus starts wandering from fairly little and I can't keep consentration. It always helps me consentrate on lectures when I close my eyes and listen to the voice of the lecturer, even when there's a lot of back ground noice. It might help that I have excellent hearing, haven't destroyed it yet.

Also I have a strong sense of touch. The way things feel just sinks into my memory, the same with food and drink textures.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Hearing and Touch

edit:
Upon further thought, I really can't narrow it down. I feel like I have a photographic memory, so maybe that makes my sight one of the stronger senses...

LucrativeSid

I have a very acute sense of smell. I also have a very good memory. I can remember things well photographically, but I'd say I'm a little better at remembering things auditorially. I can hear things that people have said to me years ago in my head like it just happened. It's kind of a nuisance, though, because people never believe me when I tell them about something they did or said 6 months ago.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have acute visual discrimination, such as being able to distinguish between subtly different shades of colours. My body-kinesthetic sense is also very strong (too strong at times).

Hearing is my weakest sense. It's not that I have poor hearing; it's more that I pay it less attention than my other senses, usually because my inner voice(s) are so loud!

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I have a very acute sense of smell. I also have a very good memory. I can remember things well photographically, but I'd say I'm a little better at remembering things auditorially. I can hear things that people have said to me years ago in my head like it just happened. It's kind of a nuisance, though, because people never believe me when I tell them about something they did or said 6 months ago.

I'm a lot like this with music. I notice nuances of music that no one else does, and I can acutely remember songs that I last heard five years ago. Also, I can sing along with TV background music... an example of this is the music they play at the runway shows on Project Runway (ba-da-da... da da da da da da-da.) People who watch it with me go "WTF? How did...? I don't get you!" because they never really hear that music. And I notice when people sing popular music in the wrong key. (and it pisses me off... but that's a whole other thing.) A lot of people think I have perfect pitch, but I don't.

On to the OP: I have a terrible sense of smell (deviated septum + allergies = :steam:), and my sense of taste is average. Sight and hearing are the best. I always notice details in those things.

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
Olfactory :tongue:
edit: but my hearing is pretty acute.

colmena

señor member
MBTI Type
INXP
Does anyone else do this?

When I go out, I get overawed by my senses. All sounds become a symphony, and sights enchant. I walk past front gardens and smell all the different plants as I go by. I conduct the sounds of nature and traffic with my hands. I fall to my knees at the sigh of the moon glittering carpet on the reflecting water, or at a tunnel of autumnal trees (what's the word for that?)

I get overawed, and I will stop in my tracks and listen and see. Trees in a breeze and the sea at night are my favourites.

I can get into all sorts of things voluntarily, but nature forces and transfers its intrinsic passion on to me, and I am bewitched like no other way.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's strange being able to make out details other's can't; but in the dark it's fun being able to mess with people's heads when they can't see you even though you can see them perfectly.