• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJ Patience/Boredom/Tolerance

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I am rarely ever "bored," but hear from my friends all the time that they're constantly fighting boredom. I was wondering if it was just me, or if this could be seen in a variety of ways. It may just be perception.

Patience also falls under this. I have no road rage, and don't mind standing in line for ungodly amounts of time. However, when at a restaurant, having been a server and a manager, I demand good service. If I don't receive such I get any server's attention and voice my complaint for things to be fixed.

How about y'all? I'm specifically curious about SJ's, but anyone feel free to post, SJ or not. It may turn out to be another part of type.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You're special.
I'm ugly-impatient and get intensely bored with life in general. At the moment my life changes every 6 months because I'm on a working Visa, and I love it. I start going crazy by month 4.
I would like to see how this is going to work out when I have to settle down.

MEC

I am impatient but try not to show it and I am easily bored but thougth that because I have mixed perferences J and P leaning sligthly toward J.

MEC

You're special.
I'm ugly-impatient and get intensely bored with life in general. At the moment my life changes every 6 months because I'm on a working Visa, and I love it. I start going crazy by month 4.
I would like to see how this is going to work out when I have to settle down.
Maybe it is us that special, we don't stay long in one place we move every 1-4 years and I find that exciting

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yes, isn't it great. Suitcases and airports!

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Oh, when those kids are are grown up! Where would you like to go?

MEC

Oh, when those kids are are grown up! Where would you like to go?
I never thought about it my family came from France and England originally, my husband alway wanted to go to New Zealand .Where have you been? any reccomendations?

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Only the USA and it's been good. I have a brother in London, I could never go there, I think the weather alone will have me suicidal.
You should have ancestral Visas for France and England, no?

MEC

Only the USA and it's been good. I have a brother in London, I could never go there, I think the weather alone will have me suicidal.
You should have ancestral Visas for France and England, no?
??? We are talking 2 hundred years ago.I don't even have a passport.England is out I don't like the cold either.Husband was talking about moving to USA because he has been on e-bay and his favorite motor bike sell cheap there :rolli:

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
LOL! Okay, that's not going to work!
Oh my word, what motivation to move to a different country!lol
You'll have to pick a state that doesn't get too cold. I'm in Vermont and last winter was obviously a shock to my system as it never get that cold or snows in SA. And I worked outside. I enjoyed roughing it, though.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
You'll have to pick a state that doesn't get too cold. I'm in Vermont and last winter was obviously a shock to my system as it never get that cold or snows in SA. And I worked outside. I enjoyed roughing it, though.

Vermont has to be one of our coolest states though.... no crime, nice people, open-minded environment, beautiful in the non-winter time...

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Vermont has to be one of our coolest states though.... no crime, nice people, open-minded environment, beautiful in the non-winter time...

Yes, it's very beautiful and it's been very good to be in these surroundings for the last year. It's odd to not have been near a city for so long, but like I said, good.
Bush, bush wherever you look.

MEC

I love my comfort no roughing it for me but my husband into it does fruit picking.I am learning business admin at the moment, I think I'll change to the numbers side of it, my spelling and grammar were never good.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Lol! Er...yes.
I'd love to work on a farm for a season. I think there are apple farms here too.
Yes, some comfort after a day of roughing it, at least.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I usually have plenty of patience. Like you (OP) said, I have no problems with standing in a long line (other than all the people, but the time isn't a problem).

I rarely feel bored, in fact I can always think of stuff to do, but I am also hardly ever excited, either. My family says it's a rare occasion when I'm genuinely excited about something.

Your restaurant example in particular I wouldn't do. I would probably hold my tongue, unless it got unexplainably bad, at which point I would ask politely how to fix it.
Example: At Taco Bell, I ordered a beef burrito with some friends. When I sat down to eat, I realized they had given me a chicken burrito, which costs significantly more money. On my receipt, it said "chicken burrito", so it was the cashier's mistake, not the kitchen workers'.
At this point, my friends said I should be pissed, and should demand that they re-do my order. I told them it wasn't that big of a deal, but I got up and settled it with the cashier. I said, "Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you, but I ordered beef, and you must have typed in chicken by mistake. Could I get that fixed?" So they redid my order, gave me the extra change ($), and I said, "Thanks, I'm really sorry to make a fuss about this." My friends were sitting there wondering why I'd been so nice to them, when I'm the customer and they're supposed to serve me.

Last edited:

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
As for the OP, in some ways I'm similar and in some ways I'm not.

I do get road rage...well, not always rage, but I do become very impatient while driving. I live in/near a city that has terrible traffic problems, and it feels like every day is a test of my sanity. After a year and a half of driving through it though I think I've eventually just become jaded to the process.

Waiting in a line doesn't really bother me...it's slightly irritating, but I've made it a habit to always carry entertainment with me -- either my ipod, homework, a book, or if I'm with someone else I don't mind waiting at all.

Service at restaurants, I don't demand good service. If the person messes up, I'm very likely to just let it slide so long as it doesn't set me back financially. If I do bother to correct the problem, I'm usually apologetic about it.

As for being bored, it doesn't happen too often, but I can most definitely go stir-crazy. I can sit in the house for about a day and a half (2 days max) before I start to get restless.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I rarely ever feel bored and I am very very patient and tolerant. Unless I suddenly decide that you suck and are hopeless, and then I won't be very patient or tolerant. But it takes a lot to get to that point.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I rarely feel bored, in fact I can always think of stuff to do, but I am also hardly ever excited, either. My family says it's a rare occasion when I'm genuinely excited about something.

I am exactly the same. The last time I was genuinely excited was when I got my new hookah, oh and the Hollywood Undead concert. Otherwise I am very difficult to get excited.
Cimarron said:
Your restaurant example in particular I wouldn't do. I would probably hold my tongue, unless it got unexplainably bad, at which point I would ask politely how to fix it.

It has to be terrible for me to tear into a server, but knowing how the system works I'm able to be more aggressive about things and see the typical results. There is an art to complaining.

As for being bored, it doesn't happen too often, but I can most definitely go stir-crazy. I can sit in the house for about a day and a half (2 days max) before I start to get restless.

I can agree. I can stand about three days before I absolutely HAVE to get out of the house.

I rarely ever feel bored and I am very very patient and tolerant. Unless I suddenly decide that you suck and are hopeless, and then I won't be very patient or tolerant. But it takes a lot to get to that point.

I'm assume you're referring to a server at a restaurant, lol.

Nighthawk

MBTI Type
INTP
My mother is an ISTJ and my wife is an ISFJ. I never hear either complaining about being bored. They seem to take joy in the day-to-day of what life brings them. I wish I were so fortunate. Work is often an agony of boredom for me, unless I happen to be working on a particularly engaging project. That would explain why I spend so much time online.