User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Not sure why anyone would have had the impression that ISTJs were ever anything less than really fucking cool...

One of my friends (that I talk with regularly) is an ISTJ. He's a cool dude. In work-mode I respect his focus and principles on the job; and when he's chilling...he's very humorous, down to earth and what not. Decent

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Not sure why anyone would have had the impression that ISTJs were ever anything less than really fucking cool...

x2. I really like ISTJs, males and females.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

I really like them too. They can be a bit hard to get to know, but once you do - they can be a lot of fun, and very intelligent.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp
    Socionics
    LSI?

Dear ISTJs,

Stop stressing out so don't you put our type into the 'overrepresented for chronic pain' and 'high risk for heart attack' categories.

Chill out already! Breathe! You know you're cool.

Love,
    dnivera

PS. Well, in retrospect, I guess bank officers and financial managers are having a hard time now. All the more reason to take an extra chill pill dudes!
    Si>Ti>Te>Ne>Fe>Ni>Fi>Se

Introverted (I) 60% Extroverted (E) 40%
    Sensing (S) 56.25% Intuitive (N) 43.75%
    Thinking (T) 61.29% Feeling (F) 38.71%
    Judging (J) 71.88% Perceiving (P) 28.13%

MBTI
    INFP

As my husband slowly slips into the world of instant past, sometimes he forgets he's ISTJ, and for a brief moment he's KEWL! C'mon Alzheimer's and bring it on!
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    They can be a bit hard to get to know...
    Probably true. I don't generally make myself easy to get to know. Strangers may stay strangers...
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    TiSe

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Much was based on the stereotypes and prejudices of the average person considering themselves intuitives. For years, and even still today but not as much, it wasn't cool to be anything but intuitive on the forums. It has taken a long time, but people are begining to realize the rareness in type and one being better than the other are mere myths.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    ...For years...
    Years? How old is this forum? The oldest join date looks like 2007, from what I can remember.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't know about the statement that they are hard to get to know. If Alicia is talking about their deeper thoughts and feelings I can see that, for sure. Sometimes I'm uncertain whether they are there at all. His feelings range seems pretty basic to me.

But as far as what they value, it is firmly stamped upon each unwasted act of the day! That's the way I "read" my spouse.

And when it comes to feelings I genuinely believe that he is puzzled by what he is feeling and what to do about it. He has several "tells" that have proven accurate over time. He actually scratches his head, cartoon-like when he feels stymied. There's that jaw-twitch thing. And when it comes to fight or flight he rapidly finds something in his environment which needs "fixing" and sets himself to it pronto. Eye contact goes out the window when the first flicker of anger begins to dawn, with the eye contact gradually increasing in intensity as the anger builds, until it becomes a hostile stare accompanied with, "No. I don't feel angry."

Time for Anja to take a walk.

I just had a thought: In today's society it is often considered to be uncool to be steadfast and dilligent in pursuing what one believes. Could this be a piece of the idea that ISTJs are uncool?
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer