User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Then what about listening to other people debate/argue? That would provide an SJ, as an audience, with the exploration of ideas, but wouldn't be using too much energy and wouldn't be getting personally and actively involved in challenging traditions.
    Do you do this? It definitely shows an intellectual curiosity, especially if the issue being argued/debated over is an especially intellectual matter.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Well, isn't that part of reading this forum?

I don't know. For whatever reason, it's kind of hard for me to discern these things about myself. That's why I'm trying to always keep a neutral stance on these boards, or something...

(Not sure about relevance: )
    Sometimes I listen to others debate, but even that can get tiring after a while. And I guess there is some desire to avoid conflict, so especially with friends, I put myself into the conversation to try to reach a compromise, or get them to understand the other's point. In the process, I suppose I gather some info from both sides, since as I explain it to myself, I explain one side to the other. Of course, my reason for listening to the argument in the first place was to hear some thought about the topic.

Hmm, now that I think of it, there may be another reason for this, if your logic follows. In regards to the last paragraph, maybe if an SJ is taught to value balance of opinions and to shun bias, is taught to value open-mindedness in the sense that it is "good" to consider more than one possibility for a thing, then those values direct the SJ to build those habits. Not a conclusion I like, but it might fit with your train of logic, here.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 09-29-2008 at 09:46 PM. Reason: a new thought
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

You know what- I think I learned something today.
    The Guardian simply feels less of a need to rock the boat than other temperaments.
    The Guardian can still be curious about acquiring knowledge of course.
    Rationals rock the boat because they are assholes- same with Artisans.
    Idealists will rock the boat when they think that people aren't being cool with ideals.
    Then why does everyone associate Guardians as not being very laid-back at all, haha!
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    ISTJ

That sounds about right....
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm sorry, I'm not intellectually curious enough to read this thread.

I'm not very intellectually curious. These are the only explanations I could come up with for myself...

Ne is a weak point.
    When I'm interested in something. I like to find out as much as I can about it, listening to other people's opinions before coming to my own conclusison. To an extent, it could be said that I don't trust my own understanding of something because I feel that I lack the knowledge in that area.

Alot of my time is spent collecting information from various sources. It's not that authority is absolute, but I've got more assurance that they know what they are talking about. I'd expect a book to be reasonable in it's positions, that it can't be countered so easily. To me, a book is someone who has thought through their ideas, rather than being in the process of it. Although it'd make sense that these writers are constantly redoing their works.

Playing on the stereotype. It's all about whether I'd find the information valuable to myself. Most information I find difficult to apply in real life, the idea of knowing knowledge for the sake of knowing doesn't appeal to me. I don't get a kick out of that. However I could see that some might see value in having this information for their own entertainment.

It's all about Si collecting his own world.
    I'll come up with theories later on what the big picture is with all the current information. Lots of people probably think my opinions come from somebody else, I wouldn't be surprised when I'm building my world on this data. "Creating within the box" - Though occasionally I look at the box and suddenly it looks completely different. It's turned inside out :O

If you don't collect the information first. You are free to explore since you don't have preconcieved ideas, which can sometimes lead to the out of box thinking appearance.

Theorising is just exhuasting for me, I'm trying to understand rather than coming up with as many possible alternatives and ultimately screwing myself over with knowledge overload.

But I've got to admit, that I'm a pretty lazy SJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    The Guardian simply feels less of a need to rock the boat than other temperaments.
    Idealists will rock the boat when they think that people aren't being cool with ideals.
    Then why does everyone associate Guardians as not being very laid-back at all, haha!
    about the SJ and NF but I think
    NT like the mental stimulation and SP the excitement of a debate
    Last edited by MEC; 10-02-2008 at 10:23 PM.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Sorry but i am bringing this thread back from the dead.

Intellectually curious .. oh yeah.

I do not have specific knowledge in a particular field, more general knowledge.

If someone speaks to me with such passion on any given subject, if it does interest me, i will go away and find out what i can on the subject. That's just me being curious though.

I love this site for the wealth of information on so many subjects.
    It may look like i am always on here, but i've opened other tabs and am reading up on something that spurred my interest again.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I'm sorry, I'm not intellectually curious enough to read this thread.
    Heh

Quote Originally Posted by Mondo View Post
    So right.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

For a fictional example of an intellectually curious ISFJ, see Edd, of Ed, Edd, n Eddy.

Go to sleep, iguana.