• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs and sexual awakening

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
SJs, if you don't mind sharing, what was your sexual awakening like? How did you become aware of your sexuality, and how did you come to accept it?

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Oh, I was involved in a hardcore evangelical institution back then, and it was the sort of thing that was like everything is sin, even pop culture and shit. Needless to say, sexual desires were among those things that were pretty much demonised.

...Soooooo as soon as I had my sexual awakening, reason took over, and I said "fuck it" and ollied out of there.:D

I've never had a problem with my sexuality. It's repressed because everyone seems to treat sexuality like some shameful thing, while flaunting it to unwilling strangers. I generally hate how society deals with this shit; either everything is sexualised, or it's demonised.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm ace

I was also sexually assaulted

The two aren't related because I was ace before that

But now I'm really uncomfortable with most kinds of physical contact with other people

I'd much rather snuggle than have sex

I'm 22 now

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
One time as a kid I was up past my bed time watching TV and I landed on Skin-e-max and felt something moving in my pants

Zeego

Mind Wanderer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm ace

I was also sexually assaulted

The two aren't related because I was ace before that

But now I'm really uncomfortable with most kinds of physical contact with other people

I'd much rather snuggle than have sex

I'm 22 now

I'm so sorry you were assaulted. I admire your courage in sharing this information. How have you been coping since then?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm a virgin because I denied the situations that allowed me to drop my virginity before as I was religious. Now I want sex no longer being religious, but given how easy it is...(social dating apps, going to a bar, etc.) I'm still hesitant for giving it away even though it contradicts my desires.

But my friends who gave themselves early, well it wasn't encouraging to know they had STD's. :unsure:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
I'm a virgin because I denied the situations that allowed me to drop my virginity before as I was religious. Now I want sex no longer being religious, but given how easy it is...(social dating apps, going to a bar, etc.) I'm still hesitant for giving it away even though it contradicts my desires.

But my friends who gave themselves early, well it wasn't encouraging to know they had STD's. :unsure:

I highly recommend following procedures for safe sex straight down to a T. With mouth on genitals, use either a condom or a dental dam, using gloves when fingering, and of course always using condoms, etc. There's always more stuff than HIV.

Honestly I'm hesitant, too - the sex ed I got wasn't the best due to attending religious schools, and I suppose while the people I may have slept with weren't promiscuous (probably), it was also in a context where I knew them and there was some trust, but they were experienced and considering how asymptomatic some things can be, it's always the best to have safe sex.

I'm honestly really bitter about the state of sex ed I had. Two of the girls I knew since childhood got pregnant during their teens due to it - they were in committed relationships.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm so sorry you were assaulted. I admire your courage in sharing this information. How have you been coping since then?

Well it was when I was 14 or so, and then I repressed the memory until about a year ago. It was bad for a while but I'm doing way better now. I reached out and got therapy and stuff. Now that memory is the least of my problems

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am on the asexual spectrum so...
I mean. I've desperately desired to cuddle with someone.
but someone tried to kiss me and I panicked.
welcome to Jazzy's worldddd