User Tag List

12 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 19

  1. #1
    Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None
    Posts
    1,449

    Default How did you come to type yourself as an SJ?

    I'm pretty sure many of us aren't as

    as our type descriptions make us out to be, and functions - or even dichotomy - don't have much to do with the descriptions that get assigned to our type.

    From a certain perspective, it seems strange that we'd type ourselves as SJ, when we could literally type ourselves as NJ and avoid all those negative stereotyping.

    What makes you type as SJ in typology communities? How did you come to identify yourself as this type? Inquiring minds, etc.
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

    “This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi
    Likes Korvinagor liked this post

  2. #2

    Default

    One day I looked inside of myself and realized that I was not a human being, but a robot. And thus, I became an SJ.

  3. #3
    Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Outsider- View Post
    One day I looked inside of myself and realized that I was not a human being, but a robot. And thus, I became an SJ.


    I see.
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

    “This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    122

    Default

    A hell of a lot of data collecting over a number of years, seeing how I responded in different situations, getting outside opinions as well as my own...it was a long process :L

    Initially the ISFJ descriptions did put me off- like you say a lot of SJs aren't like how descriptions say, however my functions definitely make me at the very least an ISXJ because my Si is so strong. I'm not really the mothering, nurturing type like descriptions make out ISFJs to be, and although I am caring I'm certainly not one to shower people in love and affection.
    Likes yama liked this post

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,093

    Default

    I like routines and massage chairs.
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream, Sil liked this post

  6. #6
    Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SwimmerGal97 View Post
    A hell of a lot of data collecting over a number of years, seeing how I responded in different situations, getting outside opinions as well as my own...it was a long process :L

    Initially the ISFJ descriptions did put me off- like you say a lot of SJs aren't like how descriptions say, however my functions definitely make me at the very least an ISXJ because my Si is so strong. I'm not really the mothering, nurturing type like descriptions make out ISFJs to be, and although I am caring I'm certainly not one to shower people in love and affection.
    Yeah I feel. and the descriptions of the types are so specifically situational, that outside of these scenarios it's hard to identify ourselves as SJ at all since obviously we only maybe act that way like five percent of the time at best.

    Functions are where it's at, I guess. And yeah, it's a long process, too.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    I like routines and massage chairs.


    I truly appreciated that input.
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

    “This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agentwashington View Post


    I truly appreciated that input.
    Likes agentwashington, InfernoToucan liked this post

  8. #8
    Wei 18 - Sie 39 agentwashington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    MBTI
    mbti
    Enneagram
    ???
    Socionics
    SNL None
    Posts
    1,449

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anaximander View Post
    Truly beautiful.
    "You’re on Earth. There’s no cure for that."
    — Samuel Beckett, Endgame

    “This world is beautiful. People can love each other and live life respecting each other. Someday everyone will come to realize that and this will become a beautiful world full of only such people.”
    — Kino no Tabi
    Likes asynartetic liked this post

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    10,093

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by agentwashington View Post
    Truly beautiful.
    The Cage Singularity
    Likes agentwashington liked this post

  10. #10
    Winter in Your Soul Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    174 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Ne
    Posts
    1,092

    Default

    To be honest, when I originally got into MBTI most of the questionaires I took told me I was an SJ. Sometimes I question my S because I also have N qualities so I always feel like I am borderline there. Nonetheless, I strongly relate to the J factor and if there is anything I feel 100% about in my MBTI type, it is the fact I am a J. I love structure, routine, and have made personalized menus for certain days a specific meal solely for the sake of a desire for structure in my eating life.

    I am madness. XD
    Likes agentwashington liked this post

Similar Threads

  1. How did you discovered your type?
    By LanaBanana in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-19-2014, 08:01 PM
  2. [Inst] What's a good way to type someone as an SP or SO or SX dom?
    By Evolving Transparency in forum Instinctual Subtypes
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 04:00 PM
  3. How did you determine your type? (e.g. what test did you use?)
    By Spiritual Science in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-02-2012, 07:50 PM
  4. How did you find your type?
    By NewEra in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: 08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
  5. How did you find out your type?
    By Economica in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 03:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO