• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] SJ/NT similarities?

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, both INTs and ISJs can have kind of a grumpy, stubborn, pessimistic vibe and dry/sardonic sense of humor. :wubbie:

This is true. ISTJs can be especially dry and sarcastic.

It is generally SJs who are dry and NTs who are more into wordplay. SPs are more into physical humor and NFs tend to be self-deprecating.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
GENERALIZATION ERROR

I'm inclined to agree... Humor usually isn't that constrained to type. I know many people who use all those methods.

I also agree with Recoleta and Substitute. See? This wasn't such a stretch of the brain after all!

Ygolo, you have an interesting point, but actually I'd say that my dad's motivation is about the same as mine (sleep=not as high on the priority list). However, his priorities are very different from mine (I might actually put that down as a J vs. P difference, since he considers getting that last thing done to be more important than getting to work on time).

Come to think of it, maybe I should have left out that anecdote. This discussion would be more fun without it. (My first thread... what do you expect?)

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
My ISFJ wife and I are both very low drama ... most of the time. We both value a stable home life that is free of conflict. The fact that we're both introverts also helps us give each other the alone time that both need.

Sounds like paradise....

oasispaw

MBTI Type
isfj
My ISFJ wife and I are both very low drama ... most of the time. We both value a stable home life that is free of conflict. The fact that we're both introverts also helps us give each other the alone time that both need.

i think my intp boyfriend and i have a similar type of thing going.

also, we are both procrastinators, like staying up late, have similar humor styles, and are easy going. yeah, sure our brains work differently but that can be said about many people. i think he values neatness more than me, though from a purely practical veiwpoint... :alttongue: