• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ask an ISFJ

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
In a scale of 1-10, how interested are you in photography?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

I'd say 7. I was much more interested in it in high school, but never had very good equipment. Still, it was something I really enjoyed and still do enjoy, even though I don't really take photos often anymore. I particularly love photography of nature and architecture. My mother was pissed off at me for coming home from a trip to Europe with only pictures of those things, and not any pictures of me. But like who cares? If I want to see myself I can look in a mirror any time. I'd rather take aesthetic pics of the places I've been.

Jaq

Remember, Humanity.
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
How do I speak your language?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

there are 2 kinds of isfjs

-the ones who communicate through textbook language
-the ones who communicate through dank memes

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
What do ISFJs think of the times we're living in - the popular culture (music, tv, film, arts, literature, social media), the economy (student debt, ability to buy affordable housing, jobs), the politics (hyper-partisanship on both sides), and the changing roles of men and women.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What if the ant was actually a Pepper named hamster?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What do ISFJs think of the times we're living in - the popular culture (music, tv, film, arts, literature, social media), the economy (student debt, ability to buy affordable housing, jobs), the politics (hyper-partisanship on both sides), and the changing roles of men and women.

I don't pay attention to pop culture. I listen to more J-Pop than anything from the west. On everything else I'm very liberal.

What if the ant was actually a Pepper named hamster?

it's not MY Pepper the hamster so it can die

Tell me about your stuffed animals.

Well I have a bunny I sleep with every night and his name is Agent Tucker.

Gone

All ISFJs are welcome to answer. Please don't let me be the only one because I'm hardly the archetype of an ISFJ.

Questions about making you a sandwich will be aggressively ignored.

Would you accept a sandwich? (Not an avocado one I promise)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Would you accept a sandwich? (Not an avocado one I promise)

Cheese, lettuce, and mayo only. The acceptable sandwich cheese are American and Mozerella only. Thank you.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
But... but.... there's a whole world of cheese and you're restricting yourself to these two? :cry:

They are the only 2.

Not together, of course. Separately.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

Here's your sandwich, you heretic.

Thank you very much!!!! I love it. It's perfect and made just for me the way I wanted!!

jZVdb.gif

See? We may be simple but we are loving people. :wubbie:

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Let me ask u guys about how you see things,Correct anytbing I said wrong
  • You see pictures and images in a very procedural way yet your feelings aren't procedural at all
  • Your life is a series yet you feelings are much more than that that you struggle to take a touch of it something that seems to sink quite deep
  • Logic is your weakness in the way that you cannot attach a feeling tag on it to remember it.
  • You associate *concrete* images to a feeling and attach a tag of how you see it rather than leaving it raw than it is, as if an automatic process
  • Intuition is a bother because you cannot associate it to anything tangiable
Currently is what i could get on top of my head

I supposed it's very telling, in and of itself, that I'm not entirely sure what you are saying here. What do you mean, "in a procedural" way? Do you mean sequentially? Otherwise, everything you stated is true except for "Logic is a weakness". I don't consider logic as a weakness at all

If you saw an ant floating on a leaf in a river, would you wade into the turbulent depths to save it?

Sadly, no

9. I'm a terrible photographer but I absolutely love playing fake photographer

Judicious use of "all y'all" and "aren't you precious" and you'll fit in with the natives

I have only two: Two beany baby bears of Ric Flair and the nWo Wolfpac that was given to me by a chick in high school who liked me but smelled awful (think 3 week old dumpster). Very sweet, but I couldn't stand to be around her for prolonged periods of time

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

My what.

Let me ask u guys about how you see things,Correct anytbing I said wrong
  • You see pictures and images in a very procedural way yet your feelings aren't procedural at all
  • Your life is a series yet you feelings are much more than that that you struggle to take a touch of it something that seems to sink quite deep
  • Logic is your weakness in the way that you cannot attach a feeling tag on it to remember it.
  • You associate *concrete* images to a feeling and attach a tag of how you see it rather than leaving it raw than it is, as if an automatic process
  • Intuition is a bother because you cannot associate it to anything tangiable
Currently is what i could get on top of my head
Tl;dr.

If you saw an ant floating on a leaf in a river, would you wade into the turbulent depths to save it?
Yes.

What separates ISFJs from ESFJs?.
There is no difference.

What do you do if two of your friends are in argument or fight? Or are maybe even enemies? I wonder how someone with stronger Fe might handle that.
Enemies:Nothing.
Friends: Depends.

*revives topic* What do you like best about being an ISFJ and what is the hardest aspect of this type?
The money and the "I".

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Do you bake cookies or give fruit to waiters, firemen, the police, your doctor, etc to show your appreciation?

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you bake cookies or give fruit to waiters, firemen, the police, your doctor, etc to show your appreciation?

No, and I don't even know how to bake cookies, the last time I tried they were all burned