• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISFJ] Ask an ISFJ

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ti is the mean function because it doesn't have a filter so everything my Ti does, if unchecked by Fe, is too harsh

I think of my Fe as my "mean" function and of Ti as my "detached" or "neutral" function in comparison.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What separates ISFJs from ESFJs?.

Unionruler

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How much and how often do you hug people per day?
Nowadays I don't think I get even 1 a week on average. I've always needed them but my close friends are geographically separate from me. And I'm single. :(

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If you had to live on one certain food (endless supply of fresh and purified water is not a problem) what would the food be?

Potatoes. Like Samwise said, I can boil 'em, smash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

Explain this:

I can't, and I would be very sad at you if I had to try

How much and how often do you hug people per day?

Only my wife, and a dozen or so times ago but that's because we're JD-Chris Turk in love

WHat's your relationship with Ti?

I wish I had more of it. Ne too

What separates ISFJs from ESFJs?.

Based on my own experience: ESFJs are bubblier, MUCH more outgoing, and have FAR better taste than me

Jellyfish1234

Do you see people's appearances subjectively - like, your memories and experiences with them colour how you see them? I know an ISFJ who says this so just wondering if it's just them or if other ISFJ relate.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Do you see people's appearances subjectively - like, your memories and experiences with them colour how you see them? I know an ISFJ who says this so just wondering if it's just them or if other ISFJ relate.

Absolutely, I can relate to your friend. When I see a person I don't just see a person, nor do I just see a collection of familiar facial features or whatnot--I see "my best friend," which is automatically accompanied in my mind by experiences I have shared with this person. So I may think when I see someone, "that's my best friend, even though he'd kind of a dick sometimes because he doesn't follow my rules when he's at my house if he thinks they're stupid, but he also buys me food sometimes when he comes to visit me and ugh that reminds me of the time we watched the concert together and he brought me wendy's and oh my god speaking of concerts there was that time we went to LA together to see that concert and he told me that I make those weird sleep noises, oh my god do I really do that?, he didn't mention it the second time we stayed in a hotel room together, lol I remember at that hotel when there were supposed to be 2 beds and then there was only 1 bed so we..." etc etc. Endless stream of consciousness, lol. Except that it all takes place in about half a second in my mind.

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yep, though people's appearances aren't the most notable thing I remember about them (which I suppose further underscores your original question ;) )

Larix

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*revives again*

I have a couple of questions:

1. Are long-distance friendships difficult to sustain if you can't spend time together very often?
2. If someone reacts completely differently than they normally do to something you've said or done a million times, do you find it harder to trust them?

tinker683

Whackus Bonkus
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
*revives again*

I have a couple of questions:

Yay!

1. Are long-distance friendships difficult to sustain if you can't spend time together very often?
I suppose that depends on what you need from a friendship. With Facebook I've been able to stay in touch with people I literally haven't seen in decades.
2. If someone reacts completely differently than they normally do to something you've said or done a million times, do you find it harder to trust them?
Only if they react negatively and then refuse to tell me WHY they reacted differently this time than the last time. Otherwise, no

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Let me ask u guys about how you see things,Correct anytbing I said wrong
  • You see pictures and images in a very procedural way yet your feelings aren't procedural at all
  • Your life is a series yet you feelings are much more than that that you struggle to take a touch of it something that seems to sink quite deep
  • Logic is your weakness in the way that you cannot attach a feeling tag on it to remember it.
  • You associate *concrete* images to a feeling and attach a tag of how you see it rather than leaving it raw than it is, as if an automatic process
  • Intuition is a bother because you cannot associate it to anything tangiable
Currently is what i could get on top of my head

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If you saw an ant floating on a leaf in a river, would you wade into the turbulent depths to save it?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
i would not

YSifBX1.gif