• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs suck...

Spectre of the spam

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Not sure if this applies to all SJs or just to me:

1. The constant (and illogical) belief that everyone is as honest as them (making them almost depressingly gullible, especially on april fool's day)

2. MUST. BE. ORGANIZED. ALL. THE. TIME.

3. Fear of change. Even if it's totally unimportant change. Who cares? Routine must be kept at all costs!

It's not just you...

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Fear of change is a big one with me. I like routine, I'll admit it. Being forced into situations that I don't have control over is a little unsettling for me.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fear of change is a big one with me. I like routine, I'll admit it. Being forced into situations that I don't have control over is a little unsettling for me.
Quite unsettling for me, too. I feel like I have to have control over my situation before I head into things, otherwise I get really uneasy. That doesn't mean having control over others' situations (maybe if I were more extroverted or something...?); unless they're going to do something unexpected that affects me, I don't care. And I let go of routine for the small things, like during leisure time.
Condor said:
Complete and utter literalism - I went with a coworker to a pizza resturant for an "All You Can Eat" buffet. There were a lot of different pizzas avilable, and salads, pastas, etc. I entered and looked around, planning where to sit, finding the restroom, etc. and noticed the sign for the lunch buffet customers: 1)Pay cashier 2)Take tray. When I did those two things I sat down. And waited. Nowhere on the sign did it say to get food. Once clued in, I did enjoy a nice lunch. The price was reasonable, and the food served it's purpose...
Funny because it's true. I always have the feeling that someone should explain the rules to me in those kind of open-ended situations. I feel kind of dorky that they just expect you to know what to do...I mean I can figure out a way to make it work, but is that "way" going to be okay with them?

Last edited:

INA

now! in shell form
MBTI Type
intp
What a smelly thread. Hmph.

*sticks nose up in the air and walks away*

hehehe. I like it!
(your response that is, no opinion either way on the thread.)

Anyway, each type serves an important function, and I appreciate a lot of what SJs bring to the table, at times more so than my own type. Maybe because I'm not an anarchist. Somebody has to do all the work of creating stability and regulations, maintaining the traditions and rituals that enrich humanity, being all-round conservators, etc.
Can drive you nuts sometimes, but the flip side of any good thing is likely to do that.

Headstrong

MBTI Type
INTJ
I have been dealing with it for- ----forty-one years! Is my butt sore!

My ISTJ husband sometimes wears a button which says "Rule #1. I am never wrong. Rule #2. If I'm ever wrong, see Rule #1.

He has no idea how hillarious I find this.

My father.

To a "T."

And when I prove him wrong and there is visible proof (*cough* his way of putting together a wire dog crate vs. my way *cough*) that mine is correct, he'll never say words "I was wrong" or "you were right." He acts like it was his idea in the first place! He didn't think my intuition, later confirmed by pictures, was enough reason to influence the construction of a dog crate.

Sorry, rant over.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
aw, so much sadfacing on this thread for the guardians.

Oh well, my take on it.

Guardians let their sense of morality and dependability get in the way of having fun and being yourself IMO. (of course, morals and responsibility IS who they are, but there's more to the cookie than that)

Not to mention, this is from the perspective of the ENFP :p, so having fun was inevitably going to be mentioned

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
My father.

To a "T."

And when I prove him wrong and there is visible proof (*cough* his way of putting together a wire dog crate vs. my way *cough*) that mine is correct, he'll never say words "I was wrong" or "you were right." He acts like it was his idea in the first place! He didn't think my intuition, later confirmed by pictures, was enough reason to influence the construction of a dog crate.

Sorry, rant over.

I want to defend myself! It is VERY easy for me to apologize when I have made a mistake or offended someone and when it's not a personal thing I will give in as soon as their is evidence of me being wrong.

MBTI Type
ENTP
This is only one reason, but one way in which SJs suck is in how terrible they are at acknowledging their shortcomings...or at least letting other people discuss their shortcomings.
Cue next SJ post: "Nuh uh! I'm always open to criticism! I know all of my flaws...like being too responsible and caring too much about other people and working too hard."

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I want to defend myself! It is VERY easy for me to apologize when I have made a mistake or offended someone and when it's not a personal thing I will give in as soon as their is evidence of me being wrong.
Yup, true for me too. Now, if it is something important to me, or something I've put a lot of time and energy into, I won't like admitting it--and if it gets really personal, like in a fight, I might not admit it at all--but I usually will. Especially when the facts are there. (So basically what Bella said, paraphrased. :alttongue:)
And notice I skipped Booyalab's post, but kind of responded to it. Revelant to our discussion...? :D

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
This is only one reason, but one way in which SJs suck is in how terrible they are at acknowledging their shortcomings...or at least letting other people discuss their shortcomings.
Cue next SJ post: "Nuh uh! I'm always open to criticism! I know all of my flaws...like being too responsible and caring too much about other people and working too hard."

I'm sorry to say it, but you're right. (I do NOT care too much about other people... when people get emotional, I want to hide in a corner. Same with myself, actually.)

But Bella and Cimarron are right, too. I admit it when I'm wrong if I didn't put a whole lot of time and effort and commitment into whatever I was arguing. If it's a petty thing, than I'll be happy to side with the correct argument instead of my own. HOWEVER, if I get really into an argument and then realize I'm completely off base, my reaction is such severe embarrassment that I don't want to even talk about that topic anymore. (Hence the "not letting other people discuss their shortcomings".)

Slightly related anecdote (with the fault being something entirely different):

EJCC: *trips and falls in large crowd, skins knee*
Crowd: *gathers round* OMG, are you OK?
EJCC: *embarrassed, mad* YES! Go away! Leave me alone!!

When a normal person would have responded:
Normal person: Yeah, I'm OK. Just tripped over a crack in the sidewalk. Dumb, huh?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Just because they're different doesn't mean they aren't right..they just march to the beat of a different drum, not too different then everyone else's. After all, nothing is right or wrong..it's just different..and it makes you a better person to except it and learn from them.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
EJCC: *trips and falls in large crowd, skins knee*
Crowd: *gathers round* OMG, are you OK?
EJCC: *embarrassed, mad* YES! Go away! Leave me alone!!

When a normal person would have responded:
Normal person: Yeah, I'm OK. Just tripped over a crack in the sidewalk. Dumb, huh?

This reminds me of one time when I twisted my ankle, every one was so focused on "are you ok?" and I had to shout for ice 3 times before someone actually realized I was asking for something. Yes I'm hurt, I don't care about the verbal coddling; just help me solve the problem or piss off. By the way, never say what you're actually thinking while out with a church group :doh:

Grayscale

MBTI Type
ISTP
Wow. In a weird way that actually sounds like a rather interesting date with unique potential of sorts. OH MY!

more seriously, it does sounds like someone who might have a lot of undeveloped potential. i guess some people want everything on a platter. :alttongue:

i like SJs! they always know what's up, and sometimes it's better to just have that comfort even if it's not always right. they're also supposedly very reliable.

the way i see it, everyone can bring something to the table... ill bet those "uptight" people (who very well could be another type, actually) could be a lot of fun if you give them a nudge. afterwards, that sort of attitude can help you avoid the stress of missing appointments and bills. :)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
more seriously, it does sounds like someone who might have a lot of undeveloped potential. i guess some people want everything on a platter. :alttongue:

i like SJs! they always know what's up, and sometimes it's better to just have that comfort even if it's not always right. they're also supposedly very reliable.

the way i see it, everyone can bring something to the table... ill bet those "uptight" people (who very well could be another type, actually) could be a lot of fun if you give them a nudge. afterwards, that sort of attitude can help you avoid the stress of missing appointments and bills. :)

:hug:

charliefoxtrot

MBTI Type
INTP
Probably just re-stating things in different words...just skimmed this thread. You guys are goof balls. :)

From my experiences with one particular ISFJ:
- They save up their complaints for one big show further down the road, BUT, then they don't want to actually solve the issue. They just want your support/reassurance/repentance/soul...though they don't know that.
- If there's one thing I can't stand, it's silent martyrdom.
- Takes forever and a bunch of sweet-talk to get them to open up.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
Top 4 reasons why SJs suck:

1. ISFJ
2. ESFJ
3. ESTJ
4. ISTJ

MelisaRhiane

MBTI Type
ENFP
my bf is an ESTJ

"they're also supposedly very reliable.

...afterwards, that sort of attitude can help you avoid the stress of missing appointments and bills."

you are so right! he is always there to take care of me. my boyfriend is my compass in the wilderness of my personality. :)

MelisaRhiane

MBTI Type
ENFP
My bf is an ESTJ

Yeah, in my experience, the thing that makes XSTJs TREMENDOUSLY trying at times is how they very obviously feel everyone else in the world is just a broken STJ who needs to get his/her shit together.

Oh, my god, story of my life (bf's and my life)