• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] Top 3 reasons for why SJs suck...

SahlainAnteth

MBTI Type
ISTP
Hah, wow. The ISTJ "Judgmental-ism" is rubbing off on everyone on this thread. I think the air is reaching peak toxicity in here.

Anyway, in honor of my distress and ulcer-causing college Latin prof.,

ISTJs Are IMMOVABLE!
and
Have UNREALISTIC PERFECTIONIST Expectations!

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Are you basing some of your criticisms off of comments I've said to you, uber? haha

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Actually, right now, I'm thinking that the SJs here are more tolerant than any of the Ns.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
I am fortunate to be in a situation where SJs are a minority.

Hirsch63

MBTI Type
IS??
You know, if it is any consolation....the rigidity and perfectionism that an SJ is often saddled with...can lead in mid-life to...how should I say...Dire consequences. I believe few can endure a lifetime with someone so inflexible and critical...I would not have realized this several years ago. Unfortunately it the revalation was driven home to my very thick head in the most profound way. Ow.

My whole life led to a compounding interest of my SJ habits, unbridled. So I could not even see the train coming. :doh:

Yeah, I'm an SJ and you know we can suck...and if we do we eventually pay.

Nocapszy

no clinkz 'til brooklyn
MBTI Type
ENTP
They suck because my dad is one and he doesn't like me. He loves me, 'cause he's an SJ and 'it's the rules' but he doesn't like me. He says he does, but he's full of shit. Another annoying trait of SJs.

ISFJs are cool though.

JivinJeffJones

MBTI Type
INFP
Disclaimer: based only on the SJs I know irl, and possibly only on the unhealthily extreme ones.

1. Unoriginal
2. Unwilling to explore new ideas without having someone they consider authoritative to hold their hand and tell them what they should believe at the end of it
3. Ultimately unable to justify why they believe what they believe

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
That is strange. I am known amongst my friends for being rather witty, zany, and eminently quotable (I am more than one Away message on AIM).

Your friends are wrong.

I'm joking. I was thinking of two STJs I know in particular who bore me to death with ridiculous detail, one of which is my mother.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Your friends are wrong.

I'm joking. I was thinking of two STJs I know in particular who bore me to death with ridiculous detail, one of which is my mother.

Well, I am a planner, that is for sure. I read online for weeks before trips, finding the best restaurants, hotel rates, etc., and I will go on about good times, funny stories. I think that I have that gift of gab, though. More so than, say, my father, who is outgoing and often funny, but strikes up inane conversations with convenience store workers, parking valets, and the like with some regularity.

niki

MBTI Type
INFP
This is just my impression of my mom, ESFJ.

1) "Success is not a personal sense of achievement, it is how nice of a car you can buy."
2) She doesn't question tradition.
3) She is the rock that holds down my balloon. Imagination is childish to her and is not up to par with being a "sensible" person.

I can't agree more than this.
you've listed all three of them right-on-spot!
sigh...my ISTJ dad & ISFJ mom....

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Forgive my presumption, pure_mercury, but you seem less an ESFJ than an ENFP.

I suspect you're the latter.

Night

Boring old fossil
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5/8
Without going too deeply into specific instances, you seem less inclined towards immediate detail than in projecting personal hypothesis culled from existing data (Hugo Chavez / Primary Results thread).

It's a bit like focusing on the organic whole of a unit, rather than on the interstitial cells.