User Tag List

First 31112131415 Last

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Not sure if this applies to all SJs or just to me:

1. The constant (and illogical) belief that everyone is as honest as them (making them almost depressingly gullible, especially on april fool's day)

2. MUST. BE. ORGANIZED. ALL. THE. TIME.

3. Fear of change. Even if it's totally unimportant change. Who cares? Routine must be kept at all costs!
    It's not just you...

MBTI
    ISTx

Fear of change is a big one with me. I like routine, I'll admit it. Being forced into situations that I don't have control over is a little unsettling for me.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Fear of change is a big one with me. I like routine, I'll admit it. Being forced into situations that I don't have control over is a little unsettling for me.
    Quite unsettling for me, too. I feel like I have to have control over my situation before I head into things, otherwise I get really uneasy. That doesn't mean having control over others' situations (maybe if I were more extroverted or something...?); unless they're going to do something unexpected that affects me, I don't care. And I let go of routine for the small things, like during leisure time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Condor
    Complete and utter literalism - I went with a coworker to a pizza resturant for an "All You Can Eat" buffet. There were a lot of different pizzas avilable, and salads, pastas, etc. I entered and looked around, planning where to sit, finding the restroom, etc. and noticed the sign for the lunch buffet customers: 1)Pay cashier 2)Take tray. When I did those two things I sat down. And waited. Nowhere on the sign did it say to get food. Once clued in, I did enjoy a nice lunch. The price was reasonable, and the food served it's purpose...
    Funny because it's true. I always have the feeling that someone should explain the rules to me in those kind of open-ended situations. I feel kind of dorky that they just expect you to know what to do...I mean I can figure out a way to make it work, but is that "way" going to be okay with them?
    Last edited by Cimarron; 09-08-2008 at 07:46 AM. Reason: shorter

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    What a smelly thread. Hmph.

*sticks nose up in the air and walks away*
    hehehe. I like it!
    (your response that is, no opinion either way on the thread.)

Anyway, each type serves an important function, and I appreciate a lot of what SJs bring to the table, at times more so than my own type. Maybe because I'm not an anarchist. Somebody has to do all the work of creating stability and regulations, maintaining the traditions and rituals that enrich humanity, being all-round conservators, etc.
    Can drive you nuts sometimes, but the flip side of any good thing is likely to do that.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    I have been dealing with it for- ----forty-one years! Is my butt sore!

My ISTJ husband sometimes wears a button which says "Rule #1. I am never wrong. Rule #2. If I'm ever wrong, see Rule #1.

He has no idea how hillarious I find this.
    My father.

To a "T."

And when I prove him wrong and there is visible proof (*cough* his way of putting together a wire dog crate vs. my way *cough*) that mine is correct, he'll never say words "I was wrong" or "you were right." He acts like it was his idea in the first place! He didn't think my intuition, later confirmed by pictures, was enough reason to influence the construction of a dog crate.

Sorry, rant over.
    There are two types of people in this world, sheep and sharks. Be a shark. Sharks are winners and they don't look back 'cause they don't have necks. Necks are for sheep.

Headstrong: You're learning the ways of...me!
    INTP Friend: Yay!
    INTP Friend: Wait....NOOOOO

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who do not have it.
    -George Bernard Shaw

Wise men talk because they have something to say. Fools talk because they have to say something.
    -Plato

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

aw, so much sadfacing on this thread for the guardians.

Oh well, my take on it.

Guardians let their sense of morality and dependability get in the way of having fun and being yourself IMO. (of course, morals and responsibility IS who they are, but there's more to the cookie than that)

Not to mention, this is from the perspective of the ENFP :P, so having fun was inevitably going to be mentioned

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Headstrong View Post
    My father.

To a "T."

And when I prove him wrong and there is visible proof (*cough* his way of putting together a wire dog crate vs. my way *cough*) that mine is correct, he'll never say words "I was wrong" or "you were right." He acts like it was his idea in the first place! He didn't think my intuition, later confirmed by pictures, was enough reason to influence the construction of a dog crate.

Sorry, rant over.
    I want to defend myself! It is VERY easy for me to apologize when I have made a mistake or offended someone and when it's not a personal thing I will give in as soon as their is evidence of me being wrong.

MBTI
    ENTP

This is only one reason, but one way in which SJs suck is in how terrible they are at acknowledging their shortcomings...or at least letting other people discuss their shortcomings.
    Cue next SJ post: "Nuh uh! I'm always open to criticism! I know all of my flaws...like being too responsible and caring too much about other people and working too hard."
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ISTJ

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    I want to defend myself! It is VERY easy for me to apologize when I have made a mistake or offended someone and when it's not a personal thing I will give in as soon as their is evidence of me being wrong.
    Yup, true for me too. Now, if it is something important to me, or something I've put a lot of time and energy into, I won't like admitting it--and if it gets really personal, like in a fight, I might not admit it at all--but I usually will. Especially when the facts are there. (So basically what Bella said, paraphrased. )
    And notice I skipped Booyalab's post, but kind of responded to it. Revelant to our discussion...?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.