• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Masculinity

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
If I scored high on "masculinity" in one of these tests it could have to do with one of two things.

1. T
2. Coming from a family that values boys more than girls, I could have adopted certain mindsets, no?

(no, I do not come from an Indian village.:blush:)

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
You've grown up in an environment that values masculinity, so it isn't a surprise that you, yourself value it (as portrayed through your "high masculinity" results). It doesn't necessarily mean that you are more masculine; you probably behave that way because it is valued and because you are uncomfortable expressing vulnerability and other such behaviors associated with femininity. Deep down, only you and those most emotionally intimate with you know really how masculine you are.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You've grown up in an environment that values masculinity, so it isn't a surprise that you, yourself value it (as portrayed through your "high masculinity" results). It doesn't necessarily mean that you are more masculine; you probably behave that way because it is valued and because you are uncomfortable expressing vulnerability and other such behaviors associated with femininity. Deep down, only you and those most emotionally intimate with you know really how masculine you are.

I don't behave in any particular way though, but I don't like the same things most woman do and I most definitely don't feel a need for girls company if it's not there.

disregard

mrs
MBTI Type
INFP
Well it can't "come" from being T, because nothing comes from being T, as Edahn explains well in this post from another thread:

That seems to be one of the big themes, but do you really think this theory is well-equipped to offer explanations? MBTI doesn't really tell why why the preferences are there. It actually doesn't tell you anything since it's just a classification system. This is one of my big problems with the way people use MBTI. For example, someone will choose to take a Mathematics class instead of an English class and someone here will say: "oh yeah, he chose it because he's a T." That seems very backwards to me. The reason you say he's a "T" is because he chooses Mathematics, not the other way around. A description of something shouldn't be confused with the thing that causes that quality. There may be a third variable that causes both of those, but MBTI provides no explanation. Why do people prefer order? Why do people get pleasure from following rules? What starts all that? To me, you need to get a lot deeper than MBTI. There are theories out there that can make sense of those catalysts, but MBTI isn't one of them.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Thinking-based decision-making could well be a parameter for increased "masculinity" in the test. I heavily favor T and scored 100 masculinity on one.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
If it doesn't "come" from T it means it comes from the way I was raised.

(excuse me while I go to a therapist to vent my rage)

Mr Flak and disregard seem to give to opposing views though, am I right?

Beat, the idea of fighting next to you in the trenches drives me wiiiiiilld.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
On gender tests, I'm always female...

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you joking or serious?

I'm entirely serious. Gender tests always label me as female as oppose to any other possible results. Or, if they are quantity style tests, then I always have a higher over-all score in the female range than the male range.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
No, actually I'm still confused...
Maybe I just happen to have T plus a twisted up-bringing.
But I still don't know if T is because of the upbringing or despite it. Aha! That's my question! Please help.

Mole

Permabanned
If I scored high on "masculinity" in one of these tests it could have to do with one of two things.

1. T
2. Coming from a family that values boys more than girls, I could have adopted certain mindsets, no?

(no, I do not come from an Indian village.:blush:)

Bella,

I don't like doing crossword puzzles and I think, for the same reason, I don't like doing tests.

However I would like to see myself reflected in your eyes.

In a way, this seems like a test to me because I can compare my reflection in your eyes with my view of myself.

For instance how do you see me differently than I see myself?

And in particular how do you see my masculinity?

Of course if you tell me, I will tell you how I experience my own masculinity.

And if you wish, I will show you your reflection in my eyes.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I'm entirely serious. Gender tests always label me as female as oppose to any other possible results. Or, if they are quantity style tests, then I always have a higher over-all score in the female range than the male range.

So what does than mean for you, do like different things than guys normally like

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Okayyyyyy, let's hope I interperet this right and don't make a complete fool of myself.

Your masculinity? Well, Victor, (if you are a guy) I don't reckon your the average guy-guy as in sport-watching-beer-guzzling-chick-checking-dude, you know what I'm saying. And that's a good thing.

You seem very gentle.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So what does than mean for you, do like different things than guys normally like

Well, I don't know for sure how the tests I've taken determine my gender, but here are my guesses as to why I'm "female".

I'm passive.
I'm non-combatative (though I can continue a debate for some time).
I like to talk to people, I talk a lot if given the chance, sometimes without knowing any purpose, other than to talk.
I like being helpful, but don't necessarily like being in charge.
I actually wound't mind, and might even prefer, staying at home while my partner earns the salary.
I Really badly want an intimate relationship, and am very monogamous.
Being attracted to a girl's personality makes me more attracted to her appearance.
I need to vent my feelings. I need people to tell me things are okay. I feel a lot better if I can explain myself, almost obsessive over it.

So there you go. Those seem to be the things, as best I can tell. I can throw in some superfiscial ones as well, like - I dislike gore, am squeemish with filth and small arthropods, think about what kinds of clothes I'd want to have, and like fluffly animals, both real and plush.

It doesn't help that on top of all of this, people somehow tend to mistake me for a woman in personal life.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
A user's manual on how to detonate an atomic bomb? Sure thing, Bella.