• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Ask an ISTJ Anything!

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is an ESTJ and ESFJ one, so why not an ISTJ one? If you want to know something about ISTJs then just ask something here. Any ISTJs can answer questions.

I don't know anything about romance, so don't expect me to answer those. Maybe someone else can.

But yeah I'm currently on break, so I don't have anything better to do. So just ask whatever you want.

Ursa

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
8w7
What are some specific examples of how your inferior Ne manifests itself in your daily life?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Are you comfortable with life?

Lia_kat

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What excites you? Do you feel comfortable when expressing emotion? Are you rigid and strict or laidback and easygoing?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What are some specific examples of how your inferior Ne manifests itself in your daily life?

Well I obviously worry a lot, but that could also be e6.

People often describe Ne as making abstract connections, and I can make some stupid ones or none at all. Like if I hear a siren and my parents aren't home, I will assume that it is for them even though there is no real reason for that. Instructions always feel too vague. Like I can see 100 ways to do the assignment, and I can't decide which one the teacher wants. I flip out and then procrastinate until and idea comes. I either search for it online, and find the answer (but then comes the possibility of questioning the validity of that source). If I don't find the answer I will reluctantly bs it, and ISXJs tend to suck as BSing. Like for English other people don;t even read the book and do well on the test, and I skim it, and get a lower grade than them. I actually have to read the book to do well.

This isn't a daily thing per se, but gosh I feel like charades is the most Ne game ever, and I can't fucking use any Si cheats to actually play it properly.

I might add more later, but that's all you get for now!

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't have anything to ask yet, but I'll keep this thread in mind.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are you comfortable with life?

Hmm, overall no, but I think that is because I am currently unsure about life and what I am planning to do. Of course I do have specific times during the day where I am comfortable like when I get all my work done, or just got home from school. I basically feel comfortable when things aren't looming over my head, but they usually are.

What excites you? Do you feel comfortable when expressing emotion? Are you rigid and strict or laidback and easygoing?

No, I never feel comfortable expressing emotion unless I'm alone. Idk about the other question. Many people say I have a laid back vibe, but my sisters say I am strict. I like my sister to do things such as keep on the lights while they are on the computer, and throw their trash away because I is healthier for them, and they're like why are you so strict. But I'm laid back most of the time.

Edit: I forgot to answer what excites you. Learning new things exits me I guess. Also listening to certain types of music while (sometimes) creating stories in my head.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
For you how would you say Te and Ti differ. Plus how does your tert Fi show and manifest.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
How does J work for you, my dad is an ISTP and planning seems anathema to him, what about you?

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Why are you guys so awesome? Some of the most loyal people I know... If you guys cut someone out of your life, it's usually justified. :)

Jellyfish1234

Like if I hear a siren and my parents aren't home, I will assume that it is for them even though there is no real reason for that

In this situation, when you say you assume that it is for them, does that mean it's not just a passing "imagine if that was for them... nah", but you, for a short time, genuinely believe it is?

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
What do you think an ISTJ man with bipolar disorder might look like? I'd be really interested in hearing anyone's description as I think my ex was ISTJ and probably had some milder form of bipolar disorder (he brought it up first, so I'm not pathologizing him without reason, although I am pretty good at doing that to people, lol).

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For you how would you say Te and Ti differ. Plus how does your tert Fi show and manifest.

Idk I think Te is more in the moment, and Ti is more logic that should work for anything. Ti is more perfecting, and Te is like just get the thing done and move on to the next. Te is more group consensus, and Ti is more by yourself.

I think I already showed this somewhere, but you weren't on this site then. Tert Fi is like this for me:

It's just emo. It also is like you have to pay attention to what you want, but you already did what you thought you needed to do (Te). It's heart that's trying to prove to the more dominant head that it's important too.

I remember someone on Tumblr said something about ISTJs giving a morally charged lecture when Fi spots something wrong. This is probably more frequent with 1s, but I may have given a few.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I know I ask to many questions but what would you say seperates you from ESTJs,INTJs and ISFJs.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How does J work for you, my dad is an ISTP and planning seems anathema to him, what about you?

It makes me like closure. I mean I like to go off tangents and explore, but we need to eventually come to a conclusion. I feel like I've been slacking off when it comes to planning lately, but I think that's just procrastination. I like schedules because I can actually focus on the task at hand instead of worrying about when I will do it. I guess it can be hard to plan since everyone is so inconsistent which is probably a J thing.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
It makes me like closure. I mean I like to go off tangents and explore, but we need to eventually come to a conclusion. I feel like I've been slacking off when it comes to planning lately, but I think that's just procrastination. I like schedules because I can actually focus on the task at hand instead of worrying about when I will do it. I guess it can be hard to plan since everyone is so inconsistent which is probably a J thing.

Oh wow that is such an attractive quality that I just can't seem to manage in my own life. I see the elegance of a schedule, aesthetically, but practically I've never been good at them, and they leave me feeling restricted and claustrophobic. The wieght of the obligation is quite pressing. My ISFJ seems to take comfort in them, I envy that. How does S work for you?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Why are you guys so awesome? Some of the most loyal people I know... If you guys cut someone out of your life, it's usually justified. :)

I don't feel especially awesome, but thanks. Yeah I don't usually cut people out of my life because I wouldn't like it if someone cut me out of theirs.

In this situation, when you say you assume that it is for them, does that mean it's not just a passing "imagine if that was for them... nah", but you, for a short time, genuinely believe it is?

I genuinely believe it until they come home, and know for sure that they are not dead.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you think an ISTJ man with bipolar disorder might look like? I'd be really interested in hearing anyone's description as I think my ex was ISTJ and probably had some milder form of bipolar disorder (he brought it up first, so I'm not pathologizing him without reason, although I am pretty good at doing that to people, lol).

I don't have bipolar, but I guess they would be more emotional than other ISTJs. They also may not be as good planners, or have to reply on insanely strict plans more. But this is just a guess.

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
1. When will my ISTJ father hug me again?

2. Does this image best represent you guys? ;p
b60.jpg