• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Ask an ISTJ Anything!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you have a strong hatred towards Fe as this according to theory is your PoLR function meaning that it is your most hated?.

Yes, it creates a shallow inauthentic response. You should ask about Ne polr as as well:newwink:

Ne polr >
- very difficult to see a situation from another person's perspective and to understand "hidden content" (influences from someone's background, psychological factors, even cultural ones), inability to grasp the context surrounding a current situation (either as distinct stages in a development or exactly as one event led to another, cause and effect chain in its very process, which is closer to Ni); hard to read a person in all their essence and potential (which Delta NFs are quite good at), judges people mainly by what's very explicit or by body language and confidence levels

- the future is something they sense they don't have control over - it will just unfold; they master the present, but they cannot easily tell where stuff is coming from and where it's gonna go and what should be done in order to make sure stuff goes the right way; bad at estimating "long-term potential" in relationships or other endeavors, more tactical than strategic, they're masters at pushing for fast success, not so much maneuvering for some potential progress you see over one year ahead. They may not understand why you're taking on a new kind of work when apparently you haven't been making a shitload of money in your first 2 months, cannot realize how a resource can be exploited gradually, juts cause you found a good niche and you see how you're gonna build your skills and your client base slowly, but surely.

- can seem selfish in following their interests , since Ne polr means waiting patiently and when you have the opportunity pushing for your own causes, not understanding another's point of view and stuff.

- don't like changes, have their own routines, which is super-fine if it works for them and they don't get bored; however, need external help to change a less-than-ideal state they're in, because they're bad at perceiving latent potential

- hate randomness, expect predictability, are confused by sudden changes and turns of decisions, will strive to stabilize things in a state they can control; if they can't , they'd rather be out of it

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What do you appreciate most that someone close to you could do for you or in how they relate to you?

- - - Updated - - -

What are a few TV shows or movies that appeal most to you?

I would appreciate it if people I was close to would let me move at my own pace more, and also be more consistent when it comes time sensitive activities. Idk what you mean by the relate to you part.

TV shows/movies I like:
hunter x hunter
psycho pass
black butler
sense8
inception
stranger things

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Relate to you=the way they interact with you, how they treat you, etc.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
How do I pull the sense of adventure out of you? How can I tempt you to explore the world with me?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Would you say you prefer to plan out your enjoyment, or just come upon it unexpectedly?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
thepink-cloakedninja said:
What are some things a person could do to make an ISTJ feel loved and special?
fidelia said:
What do you appreciate most that someone close to you could do for you or in how they relate to you?

Spend some time with the ISTJ. For example, you can:

1) Watch TV with the ISTJ;
2) Take the ISTJ out for lunch; and
3) Play checkers or some other game with the ISTJ.

What are a few TV shows or movies that appeal most to you?

I enjoyed Lost, The Goldbergs, In Treatment, Interstellar, This is 40, and Ted.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you have a strong hatred towards Fe as this according to theory is your PoLR function meaning that it is your most hated?.

I think that is socionica SLI. not mbti. But I'm not sure if hate is the right word, but I guess I am more annoyed by it.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
How do I pull the sense of adventure out of you? How can I tempt you to explore the world with me?

Good question. Maybe kidnap them?

But really, I guess just talk about some of the cool experiences you've had, and ask if they would be interested in doing those types of things. Or after they do something they are comfortable with then maybe ask them if they want to do something else that is adventurous. Make sure they didn't have anything planned after the routine event though.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Good question. Maybe kidnap them?

But really, I guess just talk about some of the cool experiences you've had, and ask if they would be interested in doing those types of things. Or after they do something they are comfortable with then maybe ask them if they want to do something else that is adventurous. Make sure they didn't have anything planned after the routine event though.

Mmm good to know! One time when I got a text from my brother asking if I were busy to chat that night after I got off work, I knew from that text that something was wrong and that something was on his mind. I immediately texted back saying to meet me by my apartment once I got off work. He showed up, I told gim to get in my car, and without saying another word, I drove us to get some Philly cheesesteaks, and drove us to the beach to eat them there while we hung out and had a chat. Turns out my suspicion was correct and he did in fact have a lot on his mind and later told me how much the evening helped him to relax and center himself.

Would an ISTJ appreciate or be put off by this sort of surprise?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Mmm good to know! One time when I got a text from my brother asking if I were busy to chat that night after I got off work, I knew from that text that something was wrong and that something was on his mind. I immediately texted back saying to meet me by my apartment once I got off work. He showed up, I told gim to get in my car, and without saying another word, I drove us to get some Philly cheesesteaks, and drove us to the beach to eat them there while we hung out and had a chat. Turns out my suspicion was correct and he did in fact have a lot on his mind and later told me how much the evening helped him to relax and center himself.

Would an ISTJ appreciate or be put off by this sort of surprise?

It really depends if they had anything planned that night. It should be fine as long as you are the one in control and know what you are doing (at least have an idea). I think some ISTJs are more sensitive to this kind of thing than others, so if they are stressed out by other surprises then you shouldn't do too much unexpected things with them.

I think you should tell the ISTJ where you are going though.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
It really depends if they had anything planned that night. It should be fine as long as you are the one in control and know what you are doing (at least have an idea). I think some ISTJs are more sensitive to this kind of thing than others, so if they are stressed out by other surprises then you shouldn't do too much unexpected things with them.

I think you should tell the ISTJ where you are going though.

OK cool, thanks for your answers and advice!

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would you say you prefer to plan out your enjoyment, or just come upon it unexpectedly?

Some sort of plan is better, but if I don't have any plans for a certain time then unexpected stuff is fine.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
How do you get on and interact with Ne doms both on here and IRL?.

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
In your childhood days, what is the MBTI type of the anime or cartoon characters you admire?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
In your childhood days, what is the MBTI type of the anime or cartoon characters you admire?

I didn't pay attention to mbti types a childhood, but I liked the villains, so most of them were probably INTJ.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Are there any ways in which you subvert your type? For example, not enjoying routine.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know quite a bit of ISTJs that enjoy learning new things and exploring new places. How exactly do you determine the balance between the 2...new vs known comfort? I have an ISTJ co-worker that knows ALL the best local food places for whatever you want.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Poki said:
How exactly do you determine the balance between the 2...new vs known comfort? I have an ISTJ co-worker that knows ALL the best local food places for whatever you want.

When I start getting tired of the routine or if the known comfort disappoints, I might try some place new. The ratio would be something like 1 new place for every dozen old comforts. I was happy with Papa Johns sausage pizza but the last one was a bit inconsistent (not enough sauce) so I've tried two new pizza joints (both were disappointing).

Korvinagor said:
Are there any ways in which you subvert your type? For example, not enjoying routine.

Most ISTJ descriptions have honesty as a trait, but I will frequently lie to get out of a possibly unpleasant engagement. For example, I was invited to a potluck and I said "Sure, that sounds great." I really didn't want to go, but I also didn't want to engage in conversation or discuss the matter further, so I just sneaked off and avoided the person.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I think I can be more creative than the stereotypical ISTJ. I am also not as hardworking or organized as the stereotype.

I know quite a bit of ISTJs that enjoy learning new things and exploring new places. How exactly do you determine the balance between the 2...new vs known comfort? I have an ISTJ co-worker that knows ALL the best local food places for whatever you want.

I agree with [MENTION=20113]Tellenbach[/MENTION] on this. Lately certain places, especially certain lettuces have begun tasting unbearable, so I have to find something else to eat. I think some ENFP chef is changing the recipes to force ISTJs to try new things.

Most of the things I like/have liked in that past have been introduced to me by my siblings or friends. I have only ventured into the the unknown by myself for a few things. So yeah someone recommending things makes me more likely to try it. I also sometimes just get bored of things, and the only remedy is to try something new.