• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] Ask an ISTJ Anything!

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
1. When will my ISTJ father hug me again?

2. Does this image best represent you guys? ;p
b60.jpg

1. Idk, probably never, but he might if you ask.

2.No. We like to have fun, but apparently what is fun for ISTJs is not necessarily fun for other types and vice versa.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If someone wanted to transform into an ISTJ, what steps would you recommend they take?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
theforsaken said:
1. When will my ISTJ father hug me again?

He probably thinks you don't like hugs. It might help if you gave him a hug first.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh wow that is such an attractive quality that I just can't seem to manage in my own life. I see the elegance of a schedule, aesthetically, but practically I've never been good at them, and they leave me feeling restricted and claustrophobic. The wieght of the obligation is quite pressing. My ISFJ seems to take comfort in them, I envy that. How does S work for you?

I can't imagine someone not liking it. How do you get things done? I do hate obligations that don't follow "schedule" since I have usually already planned on doing things during that time.

It's hard to describe how Si works for me since it is dominant, and is used almost all the time.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know I ask to many questions but what would you say seperates you from ESTJs,INTJs and ISFJs.

Uhh ESTJ use more Te and Ne, but less Fi. Behavior wise they tend to be more go getter, and sometimes friendlier than ISTJs.

INTJs tend to be more certain about the future, and more abstract I guess.

ISFJs make more decisions based off their values, and also tend to be more friendlier.

These are just things I have noticed.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If someone wanted to transform into an ISTJ, what steps would you recommend they take?

First tone the Fi down. Then idk get a schedule. Not a physical one, but have one in your mind. Stop following your dreams, but keep them in the back of your mind. See me again once you have gotten that far.

Lloyd

Ain Soph Aur
MBTI Type
INFP
Instinctual Variant
sx
What do you think of Hip-hop music? Do you like or hate any in particular?

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
First tone the Fi down. Then idk get a schedule. Not a physical one, but have one in your mind. Stop following your dreams, but keep them in the back of your mind. See me again once you have gotten that far.

I don't think I'll ever get that far. :cry:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Who is your favourite Phantomhive servant Smile?

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Mei Rin or however you spell it.

A worthy choice. You are truly wise, SmilePhantomhive.
I'm having a difficult time coming up with a really good question, one worthy of you...do you have any suggestions?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Do you feel more comfortable attached to an idea or activity itself or more to the routine of it? Could you be equally happy with something different once you adjusted to the change in routine? I have a small sample size of istjs but I notice they resist change itself more than the actual elements that have changed and are quite happy once they've adjusted to a new normal. But that may just be the two or three I know.

Do you find it difficult to articulate your thoughts/feelings? If so, why do you think that is?

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
fidelia said:
Do you feel more comfortable attached to an idea or activity itself or more to the routine if it?

For me, I'm comfortable when there are no surprises; I don't want surprises because I've organized my life to run in a certain manner. I like routine because there are few surprises. I can do the task and get home by 10:00 pm to watch MacGyver, every single week.

Could you be equally happy with something different once you adjusted to the change in routine?

Absolutely. It's not about the actual task itself but all the plans I've made around this task.

Do you find it difficult to articulate your thoughts/feelings? If so, why do you think that is?

It's all about one's comfort level. We don't like to be embarrassed or rejected.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What kinds of things embarass you? What sorts of behaviours feel most rejecting to you? I've found that istjs are actually fairly sensitive, but as I don't have access to their inner worlds, I get very little feedback on what they are bothered by.

What is your process when you have to make a decision? What allows you to pull the trigger when you've finished thinking it over? Do you usually communicate your decision or your wishes directly to other people?

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
What do you appreciate most that someone close to you could do for you or in how they relate to you?

- - - Updated - - -

What are a few TV shows or movies that appeal most to you?

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
What are some things a person could do to make an ISTJ feel loved and special?

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you feel more comfortable attached to an idea or activity itself or more to the routine of it? Could you be equally happy with something different once you adjusted to the change in routine? I have a small sample size of istjs but I notice they resist change itself more than the actual elements that have changed and are quite happy once they've adjusted to a new normal. But that may just be the two or three I know.

I hate it when things are inconsistent because I like to have a plan or at least a general idea of what I'm going to do so I can get everything I need to get done. And yeah I am fine with change once I get used to it, and not too many things are changing at once. So yeah I guess I am like your ISTJ friends.

Sometimes I do find it difficult to articulate my thoughts/ feelings. I think part of this is because it's impossible to translate the exact things over to other people since none has the exact same experience. Sometimes I haven't made sense of what I was thinking or feeling at the time, so I just word what I was trying to say incorrectly. Also sometimes I purposely leave things out because I don't want them know that specific detail.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Do you have a strong hatred towards Fe as this according to theory is your PoLR function meaning that it is your most hated?.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
What kinds of things embarass you? What sorts of behaviours feel most rejecting to you? I've found that istjs are actually fairly sensitive, but as I don't have access to their inner worlds, I get very little feedback on what they are bothered by.

What is your process when you have to make a decision? What allows you to pull the trigger when you've finished thinking it over? Do you usually communicate your decision or your wishes directly to other people?

I get embarrassed if I say something stupid or accidentally spread misinformation, or answer a question incorrectly in class. This might sound silly, but certain sounds of voices feel rejecting to me especially if they sound disgusted, annoyed, or mocking.

When making a decision I try to do a cost benefit analysis or evaluate the pros and cons. Sometimes I will ask other people for advice. If I am looking to buy something then I may look at the reviews, and do research on it. What makes me get up and put my decisions into action is sometimes just the fact that have spent too much time in limbo, and I need to actually get something done. Deadlines also help even if the deadline is just the day we are going to the store or something. I will tell people my decision if they ask or if I am especially excited by it.