• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs-- what do you think of INFs?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
My Grandfather's an ISTJ, and if you makes you ISTJs feel better, I really like him and get along with him well, but it tends to stay concrete like you have said..and he is very hands-on, always building something, so at times, it can be a little hard for us to interact or relate..but overall, I couldn't ask for a better grandfather :)

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You, and others, will not like my answer.

Male INFJ's I have no knowledge of aside from ByMySword. He's kick ass, nuff said.

Personally, I think female INFJ's are crazy. I don't believe our types mix well at all. They're conversationally manipulative and walking pity-parties. I dated one for awhile...If something doesn't follow their line of expected outcomes, such as dating etiquette, they freak out. Trapped in an unrealistic fantasy world. She wanted to have 8 kids, 1 of which would be adopted, and, even though she would go to college, she'd never use her degree. She'd let her husband work full time so she could tend to the babies. My bet was once the cute wore off after they're all older than 13 she'd kill herself.

INFP's, on the other hand, I get along with okay. They're occasionally sulky and terribly pessimistic, but can be good company. Overly competitive, and sore-losers. Their flip-floping type change is random. One minute displaying an air of bad-ass, confident, in charge. However, once challenged, they revert back to sulk-mode. If hurt in a relationship, they bleed forever.

Do note I'm being rather unfair to both types. This is just what I've experienced personally.

Yowzers that reeks of personal injury.

I'm a female INFJ and one of my best, one of my only friends in the world is an ISTJ. So reliable, so dependable, and so trust-worthy. I doubt he even knows how highly I think of him. If I need some straight-up honesty he is my go-to guy. I know my weaknesses and flaws and never give up on the idea that I can be a better person and my ISTJ is inspiring in his steadfastness and refreshing in his perspective.

The love of my life is an INFP. He is all things comfort, love, and sanctuary to me. Truly, an open-minded person. And we both seem fine-tuned to catch each other's bullshit in the act because we know how the other thinks and can spot our negative tendencies creeping up.

That's not to say of course I haven't known unhealthy INFPs or ISTJs... I believe my mother is an ill ISTJ. She was badly abused for years, her mother died when she was a little girl, her father was a raging, abusive alcoholic so on and so forth. I've seen an uhealthy ISTJ and it is one scary mutha.

The same could be said of an unhealthy INFJ which is what I'm confident you described above.

...some of us may be really awesome... You can't rewrite your experience with unhealthy types, but perhaps you can rewrite your outlook on them.

:smile:

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know two girls who I think are INF.

The first I am more certain of her type, but she also had some family issues. She was very friendly but reserved and shy, always thought well of others and treated them well, unfortunately was a little gullible and ended up getting pushed around by others. She was still very distant, though, and it led to problems in our relationship and her relationship with others... She just seemed to be off in her own world and no matter how hard people tried, she could not be reached.

The second may be an INF or an INT. We get along really well, and we understand each other's need for space. She is more passionate about things--about everything--than I am, so that's always fun to follow.

That's just my personal experience with them. Generally I feel like they draw me in, even though they can be hard to relate to.

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp
I really like and admire SJ's for being so anchored in reality. Without them nothing would ever get done, and the world would fall into disrepair.

I think I get along really well with my ISFJ friend, I find everything about her interesting and amusing, I relate to where she is coming from but not where it took her at times. However I feel safe around her, I feel like at least someone is infront of me against the hoardes of crazies outisde.

The only ISTJ I knew in real life was either insanely unhealthy and a terrible representation of that type, or you all need to get locked up because he was spot on. :newwink:

Both ESTJ and ESFJ's are also great and get my admiration again because of how driven they are. Maybe a tad too controlling at times, but there is reason to their madness. If I took their advice when it was offered I might be further along in life than I am taking my own lol.

So SJ's like me in return, or you'll really hurt my feelings :cry:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really like and admire SJ's for being so anchored in reality. Without them nothing would ever get done, and the world would fall into disrepair.

I think I get along really well with my ISFJ friend, I find everything about her interesting and amusing, I relate to where she is coming from but not where it took her at times. However I feel safe around her, I feel like at least someone is infront of me against the hoardes of crazies outisde.

The only ISTJ I knew in real life was either insanely unhealthy and a terrible representation of that type, or you all need to get locked up because he was spot on. :newwink:

Both ESTJ and ESFJ's are also great and get my admiration again because of how driven they are. Maybe a tad too controlling at times, but there is reason to their madness. If I took their advice when it was offered I might be further along in life than I am taking my own lol.

So SJ's like me in return, or you'll really hurt my feelings :cry:

Awwww BerberElla, thank yooou, that was very sweet! :wubbie: I definitely like you!

(Oh and ISTJ's are cool. I think those examples were just bad apples)

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Awwww BerberElla, thank yooou, that was very sweet! :wubbie: I definitely like you!

(Oh and ISTJ's are cool. I think those examples were just bad apples)

Yes, but they'll never be James Caan-cool. ;)

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Don't tell me he's an ISTJ?

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
Oh, and Beat? Do you get the feeling that INFJs are naturally parental? I really see that. They tend to try to be your mom (in a good way).
Totally. My mom is the best mom. Both my parents are really, really great despite both of them having come from broken and mildly abusive homes. I've never been great at communicating with my parents, at least not as well as I wish. In a number of ways we don't relate too, but I admire my parents and I know they share the same apprecition towards me. They're very supportive and affirming.

I'd probably nominate INFJ's as being the best type in general. Down to earth, warm and not shallow by any means. I remember asking what type people think Jesus would have been and I think a lot agreed that it'd most likely be INFJ. I wouldn't argue that.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yowzers that reeks of personal injury.

I'm a female INFJ and one of my best, one of my only friends in the world is an ISTJ. So reliable, so dependable, and so trust-worthy. I doubt he even knows how highly I think of him. If I need some straight-up honesty he is my go-to guy. I know my weaknesses and flaws and never give up on the idea that I can be a better person and my ISTJ is inspiring in his steadfastness and refreshing in his perspective.

The love of my life is an INFP. He is all things comfort, love, and sanctuary to me. Truly, an open-minded person. And we both seem fine-tuned to catch each other's bullshit in the act because we know how the other thinks and can spot our negative tendencies creeping up.

That's not to say of course I haven't known unhealthy INFPs or ISTJs... I believe my mother is an ill ISTJ. She was badly abused for years, her mother died when she was a little girl, her father was a raging, abusive alcoholic so on and so forth. I've seen an uhealthy ISTJ and it is one scary mutha.

The same could be said of an unhealthy INFJ which is what I'm confident you described above.

...some of us may be really awesome... You can't rewrite your experience with unhealthy types, but perhaps you can rewrite your outlook on them.

:smile:

You are, of course, correct. My previous dealings with INFX's has just about always been negative, so I have no other information to relate to, thus my simplistic opinions about them. However, you can't change the past, but you can change how you feel about the past. I feel that I am done being the victim in the scenario I described with that particular INFJ. There's not really a problem with my INFP friend, but at the time that I knew him, he was a wreck.

So, with this new perspective I'm trying not to unfairly be bias against INFX's or any other type I've had difficulty with.

As far as unhealthy ISTJ's go I guess you could say that I was one for a long time. For the last year, however, I've been going to therapy and many things have changed for the better. I was on the road to lifetime medication to keep me from going nuts. It has helped significantly.

Thanks for your reply. :D

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
How were you unhealthy?
If you don't mind splattering that over teh interwebs.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
No, he's not.
I was quoting Jack Flak. (on ISTJ coolness, or lack thereof)

Ahh. I think Jack Flak hates SJ's. :( I like him though.

And to answer the OP Helen, I think it really depends on the INF, tbh. Just like any other type, some are really great and some are not, but generally speaking, I enjoy their emotional displays.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
LOL. There's a big difference between hating SJs and wanting to commit suicide if I spend a few hours with one or more. I don't hate SJs.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
LOL. There's a big difference between hating SJs and wanting to commit suicide if I spend a few hours with one or more. I don't hate SJs.

Aww, that's too bad. I find myself agreeing with you a lot here and I think that we'd get a long swimmingly. And please don't commit suicide.

Jack Flak

Permabanned
MBTI Type
type
Aww, that's too bad. I find myself agreeing with you a lot here and I think that we'd get a long swimmingly. And please don't commit suicide.
For the record, ISFJs seem to be the easiest for me to get along with. None of that pesky T wanting to argue, lol. Also, not ESFJ! *shivers* I also like you, for the record. Bella too, but damn if she doesn't seem to often think I'm coming at things from a different angle than I am.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Pffft...Excuse me, while I lick my wounds....

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
For the record, ISFJs seem to be the easiest for me to get along with. None of that pesky T wanting to argue, lol. Also, not ESFJ! *shivers* I also like you, for the record. Bella too, but damn if she doesn't seem to often think I'm coming at things from a different angle than I am.

WHAT! I've never even discussed anything heavy with you, I can sincerely not remember ever arguing with you about anything. There's one huge misunderstanding here. Do you think I would be this upset if I thought you're a moron and all I want to do is argue with you.