• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs-- what do you think of INFs?

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ
You, and others, will not like my answer.

Male INFJ's I have no knowledge of aside from ByMySword. He's kick ass, nuff said.

Personally, I think female INFJ's are crazy. I don't believe our types mix well at all. They're conversationally manipulative and walking pity-parties. I dated one for awhile...If something doesn't follow their line of expected outcomes, such as dating etiquette, they freak out. Trapped in an unrealistic fantasy world. She wanted to have 8 kids, 1 of which would be adopted, and, even though she would go to college, she'd never use her degree. She'd let her husband work full time so she could tend to the babies. My bet was once the cute wore off after they're all older than 13 she'd kill herself.

INFP's, on the other hand, I get along with okay. They're occasionally sulky and terribly pessimistic, but can be good company. Overly competitive, and sore-losers. Their flip-floping type change is random. One minute displaying an air of bad-ass, confident, in charge. However, once challenged, they revert back to sulk-mode. If hurt in a relationship, they bleed forever.

Do note I'm being rather unfair to both types. This is just what I've experienced personally.

swordpath

MBTI Type
ISTx
Enneagram
5w6
How funny. I am seeing an ISTJ and I don't get the impression we
click so well all the time.

So what do you love about them?

Oh you won't click so well all the time. That's just the curse that comes with being with someone who is pretty much completely opposite in the functions, which while it does bring up compatibility issues that's one of the things I appreciate about the INFP's. The fact that they're different from me.

I like INFPs for their idealistic view, their focus on people and being genuinely interested and doing their best in understanding them. Seems a lot of INFPs are pretty artsy too. I appreciate the arts but I don't pull of performing them that well lolz. I like artsy people.

As for INFJ's, both my parents are one. I like them. :cheese:

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Love them, but they don't necessarily like me all the time. I'm too blunt and serious/practical when it comes to doing stuff that involves decision-making with INFs.

What do I love about INFs? Their kindness and openness. More people should be like that!

helen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Love them, but they don't necessarily like me all the time. I'm too blunt and serious/practical when it comes to doing stuff that involves decision-making with INFs.

:hug: l like SJs *because* they are blunt and serious/practical. Sometimes I get on my own nerves and find the contrast refreshing.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Of all the types NF's are the ones I understand the least but am most amused by.

dnivera

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I often have trouble keeping up conversations with INFPs one-on-one. I'm not sure how to respond to their statements or volley back other than with expressions of empathy. I tend to steer the conversation to the concrete (like what they're doing this weekend) and that tends to annoy them.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Of all the types NF's are the ones I understand the least but am most amused by.

I know what you mean.

Yeah, I know I'm an intruder in this topic, but I felt the need to "ditto." ;)

Snow Turtle

I'm a huge fan of an INFJ!

The only wish I could have is that I could connect better. It's odd because we are so similar but worlds apart at the same time.

batumi

MBTI Type
infj

What do I love about INFs? Their kindness and openness. More people should be like that!

My favorite thing about ISTJs is exactly how they are so blunt and honest.
I love authentic people.

I now have three ISTJs in my life on almost a daily basis.
I can trust them eternally to be who they say they are and
to say what they mean, and mean what they say.

:nice:

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
Oh you won't click so well all the time. That's just the curse that comes with being with someone who is pretty much completely opposite in the functions, which while it does bring up compatibility issues that's one of the things I appreciate about the INFP's. The fact that they're different from me.

I like INFPs for their idealistic view, their focus on people and being genuinely interested and doing their best in understanding them. Seems a lot of INFPs are pretty artsy too. I appreciate the arts but I don't pull of performing them that well lolz. I like artsy people.

As for INFJ's, both my parents are one. I like them. :cheese:

Thank you Beat! It has been difficult at times but we are working
at it.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't know any INFPs, but my mom's an INFJ and we're very close. We balance each other out perfectly. We always go to each other for advice (and try to control each other's lives :)). She'll tell me when I'm being too blunt, and I'll tell her when she isn't being blunt enough. You get the idea. (However, I know an INFJ guy who tends to really irritate me, although I'm pretty sure it's not because of his MBTI type.)

One thing I really appreciate about INFJs, when working with them in a group, is that they take you aside and tell you very gently what you're doing wrong and how to fix it. As an ESTJ, if they did that in front of the entire group, I'd feel embarrassed and stupid.

Oh, and Beat? Do you get the feeling that INFJs are naturally parental? I really see that. They tend to try to be your mom (in a good way).

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
INF whats

INFPs are quite different from INFJs, quite different indeed.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm, yes but they're more similar to eachother than either is to an SJ of any sort, IMO.

true, just bad notation that im choosing to be picky about. functionally they are nothing alike, but thats besides the point. INFPs and INFJs my look the same or look like they even have the same goals externally but internally they reach those goals in a completely different manner.

I'm just being annoying, ignore me lol.

NYmac86

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I can't say I even know too many INF's outside of the many teachers and few therapists I have had. The best kind of people to read me like truly like a book as much as their ENF counterparts try to claim to, but sometimes open to ideals a bit radical for my tastes.

Zeldias

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm looking at it backwards: as an INFP, I love SJs! But I love everybody. :smile:

Me and my ISTJ fiancee' get along famously normally; I'm a little tougher than the everyday INFP and she's a little softer than your usual ISTJ, so that might help. She does get pretty frustrated with me if she thinks I'm not on-topic with our conversation, at which point I'll explain that I AM, in fact, on topic because what I was saying is related in this way, because if you look at it in this sense, then they share the same concept and theoretical backing, to which she'll say "What? That's not what we're talking about." Then I sigh.

On the other hand, she sometimes slays me by attempting to recruit or convince me when I disagree, as opposed to just talking about it. When a disagreement comes up, she's employing debate strategies against me, tracing timelines, and dusting for fingerprints to convince me that just agreeing with her makes sense, because her way is clearly more logical, and if I could just see her logic, then I could also be correct and logical! Usually, by the time she's calling her star witness to the stand to testify on her universal rightness, I'm crying and saying "JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE PB&J DOESN'T MEAN I SHOULD, TOO!"

I'm being tongue-in-cheek, but from my extremely INFP vantage point, my feeling is that ISTJs love us! They just wish we could see that what they're saying is the correct thing because it all makes so much sense. Meanwhile, NFs are panicking because we feel like our values/authenticity are under attack. I think that, in my case, I see her as a Death Star, firing at my planet, and she sees me as Chicken Little, screaming that the sky is falling when it's really just her rearranging the clouds.

I have to say, though, that she can really get my ass in gear. I made a schedule yesterday and almost fainted from shock. And I even follow it from time to time! I also don't start to cry about "how the world should be" whenever I read world politics. She has come to really get closer to trusting abstract thought, grey areas in the world, and being able to open up about how she feels. And apparently my value-oriented flakiness is as sexy to her as her logic-oriented organization is to me. And in the end, isn't that all that really matters?

(Sorry, I'm so bored at work it hurts.)