User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Oh, and Beat? Do you get the feeling that INFJs are naturally parental? I really see that. They tend to try to be your mom (in a good way).
    Totally. My mom is the best mom. Both my parents are really, really great despite both of them having come from broken and mildly abusive homes. I've never been great at communicating with my parents, at least not as well as I wish. In a number of ways we don't relate too, but I admire my parents and I know they share the same apprecition towards me. They're very supportive and affirming.

I'd probably nominate INFJ's as being the best type in general. Down to earth, warm and not shallow by any means. I remember asking what type people think Jesus would have been and I think a lot agreed that it'd most likely be INFJ. I wouldn't argue that.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Yowzers that reeks of personal injury.

I'm a female INFJ and one of my best, one of my only friends in the world is an ISTJ. So reliable, so dependable, and so trust-worthy. I doubt he even knows how highly I think of him. If I need some straight-up honesty he is my go-to guy. I know my weaknesses and flaws and never give up on the idea that I can be a better person and my ISTJ is inspiring in his steadfastness and refreshing in his perspective.

The love of my life is an INFP. He is all things comfort, love, and sanctuary to me. Truly, an open-minded person. And we both seem fine-tuned to catch each other's bullshit in the act because we know how the other thinks and can spot our negative tendencies creeping up.

That's not to say of course I haven't known unhealthy INFPs or ISTJs... I believe my mother is an ill ISTJ. She was badly abused for years, her mother died when she was a little girl, her father was a raging, abusive alcoholic so on and so forth. I've seen an uhealthy ISTJ and it is one scary mutha.

The same could be said of an unhealthy INFJ which is what I'm confident you described above.

...some of us may be really awesome... You can't rewrite your experience with unhealthy types, but perhaps you can rewrite your outlook on them.

You are, of course, correct. My previous dealings with INFX's has just about always been negative, so I have no other information to relate to, thus my simplistic opinions about them. However, you can't change the past, but you can change how you feel about the past. I feel that I am done being the victim in the scenario I described with that particular INFJ. There's not really a problem with my INFP friend, but at the time that I knew him, he was a wreck.

So, with this new perspective I'm trying not to unfairly be bias against INFX's or any other type I've had difficulty with.

As far as unhealthy ISTJ's go I guess you could say that I was one for a long time. For the last year, however, I've been going to therapy and many things have changed for the better. I was on the road to lifetime medication to keep me from going nuts. It has helped significantly.

Thanks for your reply.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    ISTJ

How were you unhealthy?
    If you don't mind splattering that over teh interwebs.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    No, he's not.
    I was quoting Jack Flak. (on ISTJ coolness, or lack thereof)
    Ahh. I think Jack Flak hates SJ's. I like him though.

And to answer the OP Helen, I think it really depends on the INF, tbh. Just like any other type, some are really great and some are not, but generally speaking, I enjoy their emotional displays.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Tell me about it....

Banned
    MBTI
    type

LOL. There's a big difference between hating SJs and wanting to commit suicide if I spend a few hours with one or more. I don't hate SJs.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    LOL. There's a big difference between hating SJs and wanting to commit suicide if I spend a few hours with one or more. I don't hate SJs.
    Aww, that's too bad. I find myself agreeing with you a lot here and I think that we'd get a long swimmingly. And please don't commit suicide.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Aww, that's too bad. I find myself agreeing with you a lot here and I think that we'd get a long swimmingly. And please don't commit suicide.
    For the record, ISFJs seem to be the easiest for me to get along with. None of that pesky T wanting to argue, lol. Also, not ESFJ! *shivers* I also like you, for the record. Bella too, but damn if she doesn't seem to often think I'm coming at things from a different angle than I am.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Pffft...Excuse me, while I lick my wounds....

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    For the record, ISFJs seem to be the easiest for me to get along with. None of that pesky T wanting to argue, lol. Also, not ESFJ! *shivers* I also like you, for the record. Bella too, but damn if she doesn't seem to often think I'm coming at things from a different angle than I am.
    WHAT! I've never even discussed anything heavy with you, I can sincerely not remember ever arguing with you about anything. There's one huge misunderstanding here. Do you think I would be this upset if I thought you're a moron and all I want to do is argue with you.