User Tag List

First 1234 Last

I'm a huge fan of an INFJ!

The only wish I could have is that I could connect better. It's odd because we are so similar but worlds apart at the same time.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by dnivera View Post
    Love them, but they don't necessarily like me all the time. I'm too blunt and serious/practical when it comes to doing stuff that involves decision-making with INFs.

What do I love about INFs? Their kindness and openness. More people should be like that!
    My favorite thing about ISTJs is exactly how they are so blunt and honest.
    I love authentic people.

I now have three ISTJs in my life on almost a daily basis.
    I can trust them eternally to be who they say they are and
    to say what they mean, and mean what they say.

MBTI
    infj

Quote Originally Posted by Beat View Post
    Oh you won't click so well all the time. That's just the curse that comes with being with someone who is pretty much completely opposite in the functions, which while it does bring up compatibility issues that's one of the things I appreciate about the INFP's. The fact that they're different from me.

I like INFPs for their idealistic view, their focus on people and being genuinely interested and doing their best in understanding them. Seems a lot of INFPs are pretty artsy too. I appreciate the arts but I don't pull of performing them that well lolz. I like artsy people.

As for INFJ's, both my parents are one. I like them.
    Thank you Beat! It has been difficult at times but we are working
    at it.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I don't know any INFPs, but my mom's an INFJ and we're very close. We balance each other out perfectly. We always go to each other for advice (and try to control each other's lives ). She'll tell me when I'm being too blunt, and I'll tell her when she isn't being blunt enough. You get the idea. (However, I know an INFJ guy who tends to really irritate me, although I'm pretty sure it's not because of his MBTI type.)

One thing I really appreciate about INFJs, when working with them in a group, is that they take you aside and tell you very gently what you're doing wrong and how to fix it. As an ESTJ, if they did that in front of the entire group, I'd feel embarrassed and stupid.

Oh, and Beat? Do you get the feeling that INFJs are naturally parental? I really see that. They tend to try to be your mom (in a good way).
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

INF whats

INFPs are quite different from INFJs, quite different indeed.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ISFx

My best friend is INFJ. I admire her.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    INF whats

INFPs are quite different from INFJs, quite different indeed.
    Hmm, yes but they're more similar to eachother than either is to an SJ of any sort, IMO.
    "There ain't no doubt in no one's mind that love's the finest thing around. Whisper something soft and kind." --James Taylor

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by helen View Post
    Hmm, yes but they're more similar to eachother than either is to an SJ of any sort, IMO.
    true, just bad notation that im choosing to be picky about. functionally they are nothing alike, but thats besides the point. INFPs and INFJs my look the same or look like they even have the same goals externally but internally they reach those goals in a completely different manner.

I'm just being annoying, ignore me lol.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ISFJ

I can't say I even know too many INF's outside of the many teachers and few therapists I have had. The best kind of people to read me like truly like a book as much as their ENF counterparts try to claim to, but sometimes open to ideals a bit radical for my tastes.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm looking at it backwards: as an INFP, I love SJs! But I love everybody.

Me and my ISTJ fiancee' get along famously normally; I'm a little tougher than the everyday INFP and she's a little softer than your usual ISTJ, so that might help. She does get pretty frustrated with me if she thinks I'm not on-topic with our conversation, at which point I'll explain that I AM, in fact, on topic because what I was saying is related in this way, because if you look at it in this sense, then they share the same concept and theoretical backing, to which she'll say "What? That's not what we're talking about." Then I sigh.

On the other hand, she sometimes slays me by attempting to recruit or convince me when I disagree, as opposed to just talking about it. When a disagreement comes up, she's employing debate strategies against me, tracing timelines, and dusting for fingerprints to convince me that just agreeing with her makes sense, because her way is clearly more logical, and if I could just see her logic, then I could also be correct and logical! Usually, by the time she's calling her star witness to the stand to testify on her universal rightness, I'm crying and saying "JUST BECAUSE YOU HATE PB&J DOESN'T MEAN I SHOULD, TOO!"

I'm being tongue-in-cheek, but from my extremely INFP vantage point, my feeling is that ISTJs love us! They just wish we could see that what they're saying is the correct thing because it all makes so much sense. Meanwhile, NFs are panicking because we feel like our values/authenticity are under attack. I think that, in my case, I see her as a Death Star, firing at my planet, and she sees me as Chicken Little, screaming that the sky is falling when it's really just her rearranging the clouds.

I have to say, though, that she can really get my ass in gear. I made a schedule yesterday and almost fainted from shock. And I even follow it from time to time! I also don't start to cry about "how the world should be" whenever I read world politics. She has come to really get closer to trusting abstract thought, grey areas in the world, and being able to open up about how she feels. And apparently my value-oriented flakiness is as sexy to her as her logic-oriented organization is to me. And in the end, isn't that all that really matters?

(Sorry, I'm so bored at work it hurts.)