Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Default Are many SJ's ever on the left?

I was just thinking that I don't really know any or have come across many that are. I think the furthest is libertarian?

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Yes.

Si as "conservative" (semantics + misconceptions)

It's a stereotype that all SJs are conservative. To the point where it actually leads to mistypings. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a subculture of self-identified INFPs who are really ISFJs.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    Yes.

Si as "conservative" (semantics + misconceptions)

It's a stereotype that all SJs are conservative. To the point where it actually leads to mistypings. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a subculture of self-identified INFPs who are really ISFJs.
    I at times have thought there is a lot of mistypings out there, but I wonder if that's just my own projections.

Apparently Emma Watson and Natalie Portman are SJ? they strike me as people you could consider on the "left" leaning in a sense.
    Likes yama, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    I at times have thought there is a lot of mistypings out there, but I wonder if that's just my own projections.

Apparently Emma Watson and Natalie Portman are SJ? they strike me as people you could consider on the "left" leaning in a sense.
    It may be a generational thing as well. Many SJs reflect the ideals of the time period they grew up in. This is why Si is wrongfully labelled conservative--and many older SJs are conservative (not all, of course). But it's very different for the younger SJs of today. I have a large pool of SJ friends who are my age, all of which are left leaning. However, most of the older SJs I know lean towards the right.
    Likes /DG/, senza tema, cascadeco, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Plenty are. Quite a number of SJ's here are too. Political ideology has little bearing on type.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Truth be told, growing up I was scared of anyone who I thought might be an SJ, because all the one's I grew up and was raised were such staunch conservatives that they frightened the beejevus out of me.

Of course, I have realized that through my travels and experience that many people of all types are like this. I have met other INFP's who are the same way, and I find too many people define themselves too much by tradition and the past, IMHO. It's really annoying. I just wish I could find an environment where people who are open-minded, free and like to experiment. But maybe that is just some far off ideal, I do not know.

Oh wait, I guess that seems sort of insulting to people because being future or forward looking isn't all that naturally coming to people. Well you know, it could be in a way, be more understood and accepted then I don't think it would really matter all that much.

your resident asshole

Most people on this forum seem to be liberal, including SJs.

(Obviously there are those that starkly contrast, but that is besides the point.)

Permabanned
    MBTI
    infp
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    infj None

Quote Originally Posted by /DG/ View Post
    Most people on this forum seem to be liberal, including SJs.

(Obviously there are those that starkly contrast, but that is besides the point.)
    Really? how would you define liberal?

But yeah, it seems oddly relaxed and quite peaceful here. It's quite surprising to me often as I am not all that used to it. I don't know if I would wholly define myself by any of those terms, would I know that many would still categorize me as being on the "left"

But like, just speaking for myself I offend EVERYONE with my opinions just about, lol. See, one of my favorite political speakers is Noam Chomsky and he is often considered a "liberal" but even a lot of liberals are offended by him

MBTI
    PORG
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII None

Quote Originally Posted by Yamato Nadeshiko View Post
    It may be a generational thing as well. Many SJs reflect the ideals of the time period they grew up in. This is why Si is wrongfully labelled conservative--and many older SJs are conservative (not all, of course). But it's very different for the younger SJs of today. I have a large pool of SJ friends who are my age, all of which are left leaning. However, most of the older SJs I know lean towards the right.
    It might also be that the ideas they believed in stayed the same, but what was considered left changed over time. That is....to paraphrase Grandpa Simpson, "I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what's new seems weird and scary."
    Likes yama, Blackout, Cellmold, MDP2525, Punderstorm liked this post

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Well, I would believe that ESFJ would be the most conservative of the SJs, due to being Extroverted (blends in with the majority) and Feeling (value-based decision making). On the contrary, ISTJ would be the least conservative SJ for being Introverted (less being concerned with interconnecting with people) and Thinking (pragmatic decision making).

SJs are more community and society oriented than the other types, thus they are often on the opposite side of individualism. Currently the right-wing is very concerned of self-centered well-being, opposed to the communial well being. This makes SJ look more left-wing.

On the other hand, Fordism looks very SJ. It also goes along with conservative politics. I think that's why some older SJs are more conservative.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla