MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5/6
    Socionics
    LSI None

Default ABUSED AND NEGLECTED SJ'S

HELLO fellow SJ's.

I am curious... are there any abused and/or neglected SJ's around? I am referring to childhood, of course... and also not in the sense of what some people would potentially assume is abuse or neglect if their parents were just a little too hard on them... I mean like actual physical gun-to-the-head abuse or waking-up-and-no-one-is-home-when-you-can't-even-reach-the-bread kind of neglect.

I know this is a tough subject... luckily, if you are anything like me, could quite easily communicate through a computer screen... (HA!!!! Dare you to try this with me in person and walk away with all your skittles in tact)

Anyhoooooo.....

I am interested in your coping mechanisms.... what did you do as a child to survive on not become an emotional wreck... did these mechanisms follow you into adulthood... was it easy or still is easy for you to be emotionally manipulated, especially by NJ figures?

... How do you function now as an adult?... and have you consulted a therapist? If yes, for how long before you had all the tools you needed to survive independently?

... What personalities are you currently surrounded by? Are they of ANY help to you at all?

... For those who have children... are you hard on your own children or are you more compassionate... have some of you experienced that your children attract abusive relationships with their friends and does anyone know why?

Regards

MBTI
    yupp

I know of an INFJ here that was abused she's pretty open about it, sorry i wish i could help but without sounding better than I'm neither an SJ nor was abused or neglected hopefully someone will reply. i'm just bumping this up in hopes other will see. this is not a supportive post but rather a hey look someone needs support and someone who can please look post.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Oh hi! That sounds intense. Do you care to tell more of your story here? There might be others who can relate to it, even if they are not an SJ.

I have a SIL that suffered that kind of neglect as her own mother had issues including DID. My SIL suffers predominantly from poor health due to lack of nutrition in her formative years, and PTSD, which she (was) receiving ongoing therapy for. She is in a happy marriage with my brother. They have adopted a boy and seem happy.

It's good you are opening up about it. That is one of the first steps in feeling better!
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Nicky Castle View Post
    what did you do as a child to survive on not become an emotional wreck
    As a child I was too ignorant to even realize that some of the things that happened to me were questionable.

How do you function now as an adult?
    I'm fine for the most part.

have you consulted a therapist?
    No.

What personalities are you currently surrounded by? Are they of ANY help to you at all?
    My closest friends are all ISTJs, and I love them, they are precious angels.
    26 weeks
    Likes AphroditeGoneAwry liked this post