• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] How do SJs experience crushes?

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Try the innocent physicality test: Touch him in various ways, stand just a little too close; then observe his reaction. Does he pull away or allow it? If he's consistently okay with you touching him and being in his space, then he probably wouldn't mind getting even closer.

Poking him when he teases you is an especially good maneuver; if he ups the ante and teases you even more, then you can pretty much have your way with him then and there. :yes: :woot: :whistling:

Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I have tried getting in his space a little bit, and he doesn't seem to mind. Although, he has told me before in general conversation that he hates it when people (especially strangers) touch him. I understand because I'm the same way really...my friends have even so kindly given me the nickname of "touch-a-phobe," even though I really don't mind being touched by people so long as I know them. Lol...let me just say that when he finally gave me a 2-armed hug it was a real breakthrough. Anyway, thanks for the advice ya'll, and feel free to keep giving more advice. Hmm I suppose if I wanted more INTJ's to read this perhaps I should have put the question on the NT section...

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Thanks for the advice. Yeah, I have tried getting in his space a little bit, and he doesn't seem to mind. Although, he has told me before in general conversation that he hates it when people (especially strangers) touch him. I understand because I'm the same way really...my friends have even so kindly given me the nickname of "touch-a-phobe," even though I really don't mind being touched by people so long as I know them. Lol...let me just say that when he finally gave me a 2-armed hug it was a real breakthrough. Anyway, thanks for the advice ya'll, and feel free to keep giving more advice. Hmm I suppose if I wanted more INTJ's to read this perhaps I should have put the question on the NT section...

Touch his balls!

G

GirlAmerica

It seems to me ISTJ's are very similar to me in that they are monogamous in their feelings toward an individual.
And, once attached, it is very hard to change or break away from how I feel.

JediM05

MBTI Type
ESTJ
For me, it depends on how "severe" the crush is. If it is just a "mild" crush, I can forget about it real easily if either a) I realize it wouldn't work out or 2) I get to know her better and my feelings change about her. These "crushes" usually turn out to be just good friendships. However, in a "serious" crush, such as one that could have/should have resulted in a relationship, it can take a very long time to let go.

Parsimony

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
recoleta's response is on point and it feels like we're the one and same person! :D

Donna Cecilia

L'anima non dimora
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
By definition, a "crush" is a strong attraction towards somebody, who doesn´t feel the same way for you.

As soon as I discover that the attraction is not mutual (which I work to find it out quickly), I don´t waste my time and mental energy on having a "crush".

They are just not made for me.

strychnine

All Natural! All Good!
I've never had a one-sided crush. However a good friend and I were mutually attracted to each other, at least "mentally" (as opposed to physically) a few years ago. I just ignored it though, I tend to minimize these things as I get caught up in an interest.