• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ Appreciation Thread!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Because I felt the need to make a thread about a bunch of positive ISTJ things. I love you guys, and am friends with a lot of you, so I want to spread the ISTJ love. :wubbie: Of course this thread will be generalizing, but all good things, all good things.

I appreciate...

how genuine you are!

how you always listen, even if you don't have anything to say. It means a lot. :)

how you always give solid advice, even when dealing with the worst of us feelers ;)

your patience!

your thoroughness, consistency, and dedication. I do not think the world could run without xSTJs.

the way you show how you feel with actions more than words; it's really sweet.

how loyal you are to the people you care about.

how easy it is to get along with you, at least in my experience. :)

Come on guys! Spread the ISTJ love. I feel like ISTJs need more general appreciation. :hug:

Kas

Fabula rasa
Adorable thread :)

ISTJs I appreciate your ability to bring me down to earth when I’m getting lost in some impossible plans and to show me what I can really do. And your dependability.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
A bit off topic, but I thought this said "ISTJ Application Thread." I was expecting to see a form filled out for approval into the ISTJ domain. :alttongue:

At any rate, :hug:.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thank you for being so reliable and responsible. And so dashed competent in every respect. :)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I appreciate (specifically my!) ISTJs who always play banker during monopoly, mostly because you know I'm too incompetent at math to do it, but still :laugh:

I appreciate the ISTJ's quiet but strong passion and enthusiasm for their hobbies and interests! :)

Riva

Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This people don't seem to often say when appreciating ISTJs: they are actually quite good story tellers.

It's amazing how well they remember the sequence of events to narrate them in a way that is highly accurate yet entertaining.

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I love my ISTJ dad and brother!! Even though they're the COMPLETE opposite of me I appreciate them so much. I appreciate their intelligence and love of learning, hilarious dry humor, and most of all their reliability and commitment. They're some of the most trustworthy people I know, and I can't even count the number of crises that my dad's dependability and organization has saved me from

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Oh yes I love ISTJ humor, they are hilarious! And they are definitely super reliable. Also I'd like to give an appreciation shout out to my ISTJ bff who is the mastermind behind organizing all of the events we go to, without him there is no way I would have been able to go to that concert in LA last year. We went together and he did ALL of the planning, booking plane tickets and hotel and shuttle to and from airport time planning, and driving! All I did was follow him around like a baby duckling and hold our stuff. :laugh:

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Aw shucks

I appreciate (specifically my!) ISTJs who always play banker during monopoly, mostly because you know I'm too incompetent at math to do it, but still :laugh:

I appreciate the ISTJ's quiet but strong passion and enthusiasm for their hobbies and interests! :)

And the ISTJ won't cheat and take the money for himself :')

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTJ humor is a beautiful thing. Having an ISTJ brother and an ISTJ roommate, you'd think I would be used to it, but it always catches me off guard. It's so wry and deadpan and subtle that if you're not paying attention, it might go right past you. But if you're attuned to it, you're in for some hilarious times.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Hmm there is so much, but to name a few that come to mind

How funny they can be, humor coming out at the oddest times, and usually so unexpected, raw, and zany, it ends up being hilarious. (And a total relief to me to see what I see as bottled up come shooting out)

Protective. Generally because they truly care, great thing is that they will put that protective drive into action. Well, great and not so great... Can seem overbearing and irritating to me, but it is beautiful to see it in work.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
My dad is an ISTJ. He's always willing to listen, and he has the best sense of corny/twisted humor. :D Also he's super dependable, a hard worker, and very good at saving money.

chicanai

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Currently, I'm in a relationship with an ISTJ. Or at least I think he's ISTJ.

What I love about him:

He seems very serious (the exact opposite of me) but he does get into his zany moods (think elevator-stomping!), which I find hilarious. He's patient with me when I ask random questions ("What would you do if I turned out to be bisexual?":)). He is quite a private person who doesn't open up much to others (not even his family, I think) and it makes me feel special when he shows me his affectionate side. He is extremely affectionate (cuddle monster!) and isn't against PDA, which is awesome. He says what he means and means what he says - he doesn't try to impress me like other guys have done in the past; he just feels...very real and genuine. He won me over simply by being himself. He does these practical but sweeeeeetttt little things (e.g. getting me a fork when he sees I'm having difficulty eating noodles with chopsticks, thoughtfully putting ice cubes into my glass of water (it's hot and humid here), and etc) for me that show me he cares. We can cuddle, listen to songs on his phone and simply 'just be' - the silence is comfortable.

ISTJs rock socks. :)

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
ISTJs I love how respectful you are! Very classy. ;)

I love that the ISTJs in my life give me the push I need sometimes to take a big leap to the next stage of my life and are always there to back me up and support me. :hug:

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Dear Dad,

Thanks for playing so much Pokemon with me when I was a kid. And thanks for still enjoying playing with me now. :happy2: Also thanks for asking me every day when I'm going to get a job - I get the hint.

Love,
Chachi

Kensei

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Uhm well, they can deal with authority without punching them out and they have a strong sense of morality :D

chicanai

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Ooh, there's more! I mean, there can never be too many compliments for the ISTJ, right? :D

My ISTJ:

Makes me feel safe/protected - just by being around him. He's pretty buff and so I asked him why he wanted to bulk up. His I-cannot-lie-answer was this: "To protect myself and those I love." He said it with a straight, serious face. So adorable. I'm sorry. But yes, so endearing.

Hilarious one-liners. On our second date (months ago), I told him my dream car type was a certain 4WD brand. On the way to our third/fourth date, I was stuck in a traffic jam and told him so. His answer? "I guess that's why you need a 4WD." This was when I realised there was more to the quiet persona I saw during our dates and I'm glad I was patient enough to let him slowly open up to me. It took a looooong while.

Humbleness/modesty. He doesn't brag about his achievements. At all. I kind of have to pry them out of him. :/

Back to the "practical and sweeeet" stuff he does. :D Remember that 4WD brand I liked? He booked a test-drive for me last week after I expressed interest in going for a test drive. It blew me over - the fact that he actually took the time to book it in advance. Actions speak louder than words and if this is one thing I appreciate about you guys, in this world so full of fluff, flattery and fakery, it's this.

The special 'look'. His gaze, when he looks at me, is very warm yet intense and makes me go all fuzzy inside.

Okaaaayyy, I think I should stop. I mean, I can continue gushing but people may start thinking this is spam. :D From what I've read in the forums (yes, I lurked. I'm sorry), some ISTJs tend to 'downgrade' themselves when it comes to having 'relationship potential'. You ISTJs really have so much to offer and people who overlook you or can't see past that poker face to the delicious squishy goo inside are not worth it. :) I hope you guys find friends and romantic partners who can appreciate you for the rare gems that you are!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This one is more of a shoutout to my ESTJ dad but I feel like it's an STJ thing in general:

He bought a lottery ticket from me at work (visited me at work after he got off work, for the first time ever. He also does not play the lottery, this is the only time he bought a ticket) and when I got home I looked at the numbers he chose (he picked out his own numbers). The numbers all had sentimental value. 17 and 20 were two of the numbers, the ages of my sister and I. I think it's really sweet. :)

cameo

MBTI Type
ISTJ
This thread makes me so happy. :)

I just joined this forum (literally, like, fifteen minutes ago) and in general I am not much of a forum-peruser at all so I'm tentative to begin posting, but I joined because I wanted to have a place to nerd out about Jungian typology/MBTI and seek out other ISTJs to air my grievances about so many of the type descriptions I come across online. ANYWAY.

This thread is encouraging because I love being an ISTJ and I think there are a ton of unfortunate stereotypes floating around about us. I am vicariously appreciative of your compliments, since I found reading through that I relate to a lot of them. (However, I am a female, though I know the ISTJ type is apparently more common in men.) So thanks for the love/thread!

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
This thread makes me so happy. :)

I just joined this forum (literally, like, fifteen minutes ago) and in general I am not much of a forum-peruser at all so I'm tentative to begin posting, but I joined because I wanted to have a place to nerd out about Jungian typology/MBTI and seek out other ISTJs to air my grievances about so many of the type descriptions I come across online. ANYWAY.

This thread is encouraging because I love being an ISTJ and I think there are a ton of unfortunate stereotypes floating around about us. I am vicariously appreciative of your compliments, since I found reading through that I relate to a lot of them. (However, I am a female, though I know the ISTJ type is apparently more common in men.) So thanks for the love/thread!

Yay! Glad we could all help make you happy :D