• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJ Appreciation Thread!

Nicky Castle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5/6
I'm good at saving other people money lol!!!!!! Never myself!!!! Maybe because I felt as it was inherited that I didn't deserve it!

Nicky Castle

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5/6
Awe this really lifted my spirits!!! We get super anxious about things out of our control and take it very personal that we can't do anything about it (At least I think it is a thing between us... sure happens for me sometimes...) I felt like that today, and started making a few lists to try and get a sense of direction... I felt very unappreciated and overwhelmed today. So lucky me to come across this tonight... I know none of you and would probably not talk to you unless you talked to me first so let me use this platform to say thank you.... It is nice to know there are some people who don't see us as completely insensitive and harsh (and because of this, throw all reason out the window).

mjf

MBTI Type
ENFP
One of my best friends is ISTJ. She is largely misunderstood and perceived as blunt, rude and possibly even selfish at times. This is not the case at all... she has a heart of gold, is always there for you and I can always depend on her to listen and give thoughtful and rational advice (which I often need to see things objectively)

One of a kind and the only one I know! :smile:

mjf

MBTI Type
ENFP
Awe this really lifted my spirits!!! We get super anxious about things out of our control and take it very personal that we can't do anything about it (At least I think it is a thing between us... sure happens for me sometimes...) I felt like that today, and started making a few lists to try and get a sense of direction... I felt very unappreciated and overwhelmed today. So lucky me to come across this tonight... I know none of you and would probably not talk to you unless you talked to me first so let me use this platform to say thank you.... It is nice to know there are some people who don't see us as completely insensitive and harsh (and because of this, throw all reason out the window).

Definitely can relate your post to how my bestie feels at the moment. She is desperately trying to find herself and get her "mojo" back and feels she isn't in control of her life. The first thing I told her to do was make a list and I always find it helps!

Vharri

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I love you guys! Join this forum because of this thread alone! I'm trying to start my own business and started to get overwhelmed and frustrated (ISTJ don't do chaos). So I stopped and was clearing my head when I came across this thread. It was really "uplifting." Thanks guys! :hug:

Kheledon

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Presumably, I need one of you to "victimize" me (as ISTJ is my dual). If I know any ISTJs, IRL, I'm not aware of it.

Glad you're here, though. :cheers:

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ISTJ friend:
Will patiently spend hours teaching me about things
Is almost always exactly on time.
Is fairly generous with his time and resources.
Is loyal almost to a fault.
Is fairly level-headed but a bit excitable.
Has a subtle, deadpan sense of humor
Is pretty laid back but orderly.

He seems like a 639 variant.

Last edited:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ISTJ friend is so considerate. Always wants reassurance that I'm having fun when we're hanging out but is too awkward to ask in person, so he always sends me a follow-up text after he goes home. It's cute. :D

Si & Si is such a great combination for inside jokes. Maybe this is why my ISTJs and I always "click" when it comes to humor. :wink:

I love my ISTJs I'm going to cry because they're so great and they don't even know how great they are. ISTJs, let us love you please

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
My ISTJ friends are so nice. They really care about me. They'll stand up for me when I'm afraid to do it myself. They're so understanding and considerate. :)

Arctic Hysteria

an abyss of Nothingness
MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I only know male ISTJ.
So, ISTJ men, this is from an INFP - a type that you probably will never understand and probably resent at times, I love you because:
- You are loyal and sincere.
- You have a weird sense of humor that amuses our INFP e4's wicked mind.
- You love others by taking the time to listen and taking care of our very practical needs. You are the type that shows up at any time of the day, if we need your help.
- You remember EVERYTHING. You do.
- Even though you are very different from us, and most of the time you don't even understand from which planet we are, you don't try to tell us what to do or try to lecture us.
- Because you are so private and seem emotionless on the outside, when you do decide to let someone in one something and allow somebody to see your tears, we know we have a place in your heart for life.

I believe that a mature and happy ISTJ will make a wonderful father and life partner.
Please, just say "I love you" a bit more often, and forgive a bit more often.

Tilt

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My ISTJ friend is so sweet. He will notice me awkwardly reacting to something due to my anxiety and then will happen to take that into consideration the next time he sees me. Si-Te show of concern is endearing.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
All ISTJs are cutie pies. Sorry I don't make the rules.

Toblerone

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
I'm dating an ISTJ. I've always been self-reliant and independent, and in turn have felt like a practical, down to earth person.

Dating him shattered that. He brings it to a whole new level. He grounds me in ways I didn't think was possible.

I love how he's sweet when he wants to be. And how he dotes on me and does little things to make me happy.

His memory, intellect, and depth of knowledge never ceases to amaze me. I'm constantly asking him how he knows something.

I love his high walls, his reservation, his integrity. I love that he disagrees with me if he thinks I'm wrong; in a way that's still respectful and diplomatic, yet stupidly objective.

He can always make me laugh, even when I'm trying to be serious.

He's an amazing father, a great friend, and a overall good person.

Part of me wishes I saw his depth sooner.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
bring this back

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
;u; I WANT TO BE APPRECIATED :cry::cry::cry::cry:

It is your life purpose as an ISTJ to flaunt your innate awesomeness so that I can fulfill my life purpose as an ISFJ of appreciating you