• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ESFJ] ESFJ and ESFP?

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
How do ESFJ's get along with ESFP's? How do you get along with your quasi-identical? Is there any ego battle going on? Do friendships break easily? What do ESFJ's not like about ESFP's?

Raspberry_rain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well my brother is ESFP and his girlfriend is ESFJ and they have had a long and healthy relationship so I'm not sure about friendship but romantically they seem to work great!

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Depends. I had a fairly close ESFP friend in high school. We got along pretty well if it was just us, and maybe a few other female friends around. But as soon as you threw guys into the mix she drove me nuts. I don't have a whole lot of patience for attention seeking/excessively flirty behavior. It just really rubs me the wrong way. I've known a few other ESFPs that do this too. I would say friendships break fairly easily, but I often struggle with Fi user friendships because I often feel that I value the relationship more than they do. It ends up being emotionally exhausting for me.

But, for the most part I have a lot of fun with them. I struggle with calling them quasi-identical. I identify much more with ISFJs and ENFJs than I do with ESFPs.

Luigi

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My mom is an ESFJ and one of my sisters is an ESFP. The sister is always leaving the house to go out with friends and party, and it frustrates my mom that she isn't around to help with things. My mom sees her as irresponsible with her time and money. It makes perfect sense considering how when my mom will ask for a favor, my sister will say she doesn't have money for it. Later on, though, she'll come home with some purchases. My mom and I both think "We thought you didn't have any money to spare" but we don't say anything, to keep the peace. #Whatever
It frustrates me that this sister occasionally scolds me for not "contributing" but I just tell her, more angrily than I care to admit, "Don't even go there" since I am very helpful to the household. Actually, to be honest, I seem to be the most helpful person at my home, next to my mom. I usually get along very well with both of them, but occasionally when they are both together, bad stuff happens. I've never been big on choosing sides, either, so I try to mediate, even though nobody listens to me most of the time.